chondroitin

MSM 

collagen

Not sure on:

CLA 

Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid

weight gainer
MCT oil/cocnut oil etc

also looking for supplements that increase Norepinephrine.

currently im taking no supplement this is just a list I made im looking for feedback first before I try everything on here.

Edited by farshad, 01 August 2018 - 01:14 AM.

#2 Oakman

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

Feedback I can offer on these is ones I'm taking/have taken with no ill effects (red). My age is similar. I don't take all these daily, some I use on exercise days only (blue), others I've taken and stopped for lack of noticeable results/cost. And I take others beside these.

I would suggest starting with only a few of interest to you, and only those for which you have a specific interest/reason for taking, then see what happens. Then slowly ramp up watching for any negative outcomes/improvements. As always, your results may vary based on your health/lifestyle/genetics.

====================

Regular:

Multivitamin <-- only very low dose multi - see also 'vitamin' section

Greens

Beta-Alanine

Whey/Casein Protein

Essential Amino Acids

Citrulline Malate

Pre-Workout/Caffeine

NAC

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Energy:

Ursolic Acid 

Beet Root (Nitrate)

D-Ribose

Nicotinamide Riboside / Nicotinamide Mononucleotide

Succinic acid

Dopamine:

Phenethylamine  (PEA)

Uridine

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine

L-Dopa

DL-PHENYLALANINE

Brain:

Acetylcholine  

Glutamate 

Creatine

Niacin 

Vinopocetine

Mood:

SAM-E

TMG

Vitamins:
zinc
magnesium
Vitamin D
iodine
Chromium
Phosphorus
Potassium
Selenium

enzymes n shit:

Probiotics

coq10

Ubiquinol

Digestive Enzymes/proteolytic Enzymes

PQQ

mitoq

electrolytes  

other:

Agmatine 

Bone Health:

Calcium 

glucosamine

chondroitin

MSM 

collagen

Not sure on:

CLA 

Tetradecyl Thioacetic Acid

weight gainer
MCT oil/cocnut oil etc

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

thought on this supplement list i made...

currently im taking no supplement this is just a list I made im looking for feedback first before I try everything on here.

Where to start? First, if supplements help or not is also a question of dose, not addressed at all by your list. Second, it is mostly a question of bio-chemical individuality, preconditions, toxicity exposures, life-style factors etc. Therefore anyone could report good results with anyone nutrient, it still could be detrimental to you. Or the opposite.

Your very extensive list looks like it really could work in someone with old age chronic diseases. But you have to make sure of the following:

In general start each supplement on it's own at it lowest dose (if necessary, by taking fractions of caps or tabs first), then increase very gradually over weeks, months and years. While monitoring blood marker associated with these nutrient stay in range or move in the right direction. If unwanted side-effects occur decrease the dose again, or search if there could be co-factors needed.

That being said, I would start with most common nutrient deficiencies first.

Edited by pamojja, 03 August 2018 - 11:58 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 XenMan

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

Based on my research what to change:

Multivitamins: These reduces uptake of vitamins for some unknown reason. No one takes multivitamins or anti-oxidants anymore. Eat as much vegetables as possible, and if not low carb, fruit as well.

Whey/Casein Protein and Essential Amino Acids: Stay away from these daily as they are mTOR activators and will age you. However the more muscle you have as you get older increases your chance living longer due to resilience.

My advice is low whole protein most days of the week, and a few days with intense exercise and load up protein then. I take BCAAs which have a similar effect to essential, but I’m not convinced. A big serve of whey protein should have enough mTOR activation.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine: WARNING!! DANGER!!! I read an article by a probiotic company which linked to research that carnitine interacts with the microbiome and increases factors that led directly to atherosclerosis. I took this stuff regularly for years…I’m still a bit worried.

Once again, once a week during exercise should be OK, if you need it for extra mTOR activation and fat burning.

Just throwing supplements as lifespan/healthspan protocol will more than likely have a minimal impact. The balance is macro nutrients, micro nutrients, exercise and meditation.

It also depends on your age, and just an opinion, that list is excessive.

• Ill informed x 1

#5 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

Multivitamins: These reduces uptake of vitamins for some unknown reason. No one takes multivitamins or anti-oxidants anymore. Eat as much vegetables as possible, and if not low carb, fruit as well.

Do you have a reverence that uptake of vitamins would be reduced?

By the way, I do take a partial multi to not get too much of certain unwanted nutrients, and add most vitamins and minerals I need more of individually. I do test in whole blood, serum and hair that nutrients stay in range and other lab-marker move in the right direction. Through my experience I just wouldn't get many nutrients in enough quantity from diet alone, due to chronic disease. Main is a PAD diagnosis 10 years ago with a 60% walking-disability, revoked after 6 years of extensive life-style and comprehensive supplementation (allegedly non-reversible by conventional MDs).

Without a shipload of all anti-oxidants (which very often have many additional beneficial effects) my oxidated LDL would rise sky high, and probably wouldn't have remissions.

Edited by pamojja, 03 August 2018 - 10:42 PM.

#6 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Acetyl-L-Carnitine: WARNING!! DANGER!!! I read an article by a probiotic company which linked to research that carnitine interacts with the microbiome and increases factors that led directly to atherosclerosis. I took this stuff regularly for years…I’m still a bit worried.

Search for TMAO about its discussion here. Heard TMAO laboratory test are getting available now. So you could always test to ease your worries.

I'm less concerned, since I could reverse a kind of CVD, TMAO usually is thought to promote (while taking plenty of choline and carnitine). Also TMAO is found in otherwise heard-healthy seafood. And the microbiome these nutrients interacts is allegedly found in omnivores.

Edited by pamojja, 03 August 2018 - 10:51 PM.

#7 XenMan

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:19 AM

Do you have a reverence that uptake of vitamins would be reduced?

It was in New Scientist less than a year ago, and about anti-oxidants over a year.

I can't comment on disease treatment, and thanks for the direction for testing on my impending cardiac event...

I exercise a lot so I'm not that concerned in reality.

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#8 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:53 AM

It was in New Scientist less than a year ago, and about anti-oxidants over a year.

Randomized controlled trials? The problem with most of these kind of epidemiological studies is that they cant show any causation. And media is pushing those studies with headlines usually not supported by the studies them-self.

Edited by pamojja, 04 August 2018 - 09:55 AM.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users