migraine tryophobia labyrinthitis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:57 PM

Hi everyone

For about a week I've noticed a mild 'disgust' when seeing certain images....it sounds weird but bear with me.  I put it down to hormones (which can cause a mild disgust for some things, but very mild) but yesterday I kept thinking of certain images and they were making me feel sick.  I did a bit of research on google and sure enough it's got a name, Tryophobia.  I'm not fearful though, just disgusted....certain patterns just look like disease...

This is not me at all and is out of character, I'm usually quite resilient to images or gore or anything.  I had labyrinthitis when I sat up in bed this morning.  I went out to the shops and saw a hanging basket of flowers, but they had the same configuration as the patterns I don't like, next thing I have nausea and I've just come home.  Decided I shouldn't be out today.

But now I'm wondering.  I've been putting two teaspoonfuls of blueberry powder on my food.  That's the equivalent of about a handful of blueberries, but the other day it looked like I'd overdone it.  I ate it even though it was saturated in the stuff.....and remember telling myself, if you have any weird effects it'll be this.

So....could it be?  Anyone heard of that?

I'm also lowering the dose of beta blockers that I'm currently on (not for blood pressure or anything and it's safe for me to do this, doctor's aware), perhaps it's a weird withdrawal effect from that.

Thanks for reading.

#2 markmsb

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:52 PM

I have no heard of anything like that. If ou are taking straight blueberry powder( not a standardized extract) blueberry powder alone should not have those effects. Is it possible that something you are taking could have reacted with something that the blueberry powder does. The amount of pterostibene in regular blueberry powder is so low I doubt it would be a pterostilbene overdose.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

LOL, I typed that?  Fevered rantings....I've had a throat infection also, the migraine and weird visual stuff is going away gradually now........but worth knowing it's not likely to be 

the blueberry powder, I really did pile it on the other day.   :-D  Thanks markmsb!

#4 markmsb

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:06 PM

You did type that Rosanna! Yeah, never say never, but I doubt that regular dried blueberry powder could have that effect let alone the amount of pterostillbene in it.  :-D

• Agree x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users