Bad effects with Glutathione

glutathione detox side effects inflammation bleeding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 castillo

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:33 AM

Does anyone have indepth information on how Glutathione works on the brain?  My doctor thought it was genius to give it to me to repair a brain injury and its accompanying symptoms (brain fog, ocd, cognitive slowness)  boasting that it worked for tremors in parkinsons patients.  I consumed it for over a month and I stopped it once I realized that it delayed my monthly menstrual period.  I have experienced nothing but negative effects from it up to now and here I am dealing with hormone issues it caused and massive inflammation in every part of my body, including the uterus.  I feel like it activated something in my brain and my body is going haywire.  It was the only supplement I was on and life was fine and steady before I took it.  Please can someone tell me how long these effects will last?? I assume glutathione gets stored in tissue and the liver.  Am I doomed to suffer these effects long term??

#2 Ambrosia

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2019 - 03:39 AM

This doesn't sound good at all, i can't find much info but there is a study that says Gluta is bad in high doses, were you taking high dose ? And how is your situation now. High dose Gluta might be a bad choice for women health. But for men health it seems to be great reversing infertility https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/1503526/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5808366/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:29 AM

This doesn't sound good at all, i can't find much info but there is a study that says Gluta is bad in high doses, were you taking high dose ? And how is your situation now. High dose Gluta might be a bad choice for women health. But for men health it seems to be great reversing infertility https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/1503526/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5808366/

Ugh thanks for this!  I was taking one teaspoon of Seeking Health glutathione.  It could have been twice a day but my mind is foggy.  I stupidly thought it would be more convenient if I bought a sublingual tablet form and carry it with me.  I bought the Terry Naturals brand and when I used it, it turned my teeth and tongue black.  I spoke to the company and they have never heard of it.  I was somehow reacting to the sulfur.  It has screwed me up royally.  It's now 6 months and still bleeding heavily nonstop if I don't enlist the help of acupuncture to stop it each month.  Because the bleeding never stops, I'm not even sure they are natural ovulating cycles.  It feels like my body is just pumping out the blood like a gas pump.  Just imagine a depends diaper soaked with urine, that's how heavy my double pads get.  I believe glutathione altered my hormones drastically and right now I'm in the process of having some hormones tested but I'm not sure what to ask for.  I'm just getting the general estradiol, progesterone,testosterone, LH, FSH, prolactin, thyroid, DHEA panel but I am afraid of inaccuracy.  I had my estradiol and progesterone tested somewhere inbetween bleeding and the ratio of estrogen to progesterone was pretty bad.  Next to nothing progesterone and high estrogen. 

When bleeding started in June 2018, a gyno gave me birth control pills to try and stop the bleeding.  It was ineffective and caused hot flashes (that still remain) and I went certifiably insane.  I literally walked out of follow up appointment and went to acupuncture.  I took Smoky Mountain DIM to try to detox synthetic hormones out but it made my hot flashes/anxiety worse.  Maybe it was too high a dose.  I don't understand the adverse effect.  Maybe it lowered my testosterone too much causing estrogen to increase. I had to use Calcium D Glucarate to mitigate those side effects, but then CDG caused me anxiety and major exhaustion. My next plan of attack is to try Nature's Way DIM which is super low dose at 12.5mg a capsule. idk.any insight would be great!

Edited by castillo, 28 January 2019 - 06:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glutathione, detox, side effects, inflammation, bleeding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users