• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

The Full Circle on Slowing or Reversing the Clock.

keto intermittent fasting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robertangel30

• 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:40 AM

So here is what is known now, without including supplements

Low carb ketogenic diet with moderate protein is very good.

Intermittent fasting is also very good.

Exercise is very good.

Last piece: how we cook our meat is vitally important.  High heat cooking most assuredly changes the composition of the meat to make it carcinogenic or otherwise inflammatory to our bodies.  This was my eureka moment. Now I steam my meat in my pressure cooker with some lemon and herbs. I then pan fry or bake for short time to incorporate other veggies.  

I would like to know if anyone out there is following this. 

What are your thoughts?   

Edited by robertangel30, 20 August 2018 - 12:41 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#2 XenMan

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

"Low carb ketogenic diet with moderate protein is very good.

Intermittent fasting is also very good.

Exercise is very good."

A very simple summary is that more protein more mTOR activation and less potential lifespan, more carbohydrate consumption increases chance of disease, reduces healthspan and ability to use potential lifespan. mTOR can also drive cancer chance as well.

It is not that easy, as you need resilience in your old age with muscle mass; which requires protein and is easier with carbohydrates.

"Last piece: how we cook our meat is vitally important.  High heat cooking most assuredly changes the composition of the meat to make it carcinogenic or otherwise inflammatory to our bodies.  This was my eureka moment. Now I steam my meat in my pressure cooker with some lemon and herbs. I then pan fry or bake for short time to incorporate other veggies. "

If this is your passion fair enough, but studies show through various mechanisms that eating meat is not good for you under 60, but over it is; due to loss of muscle mass in the elderly.

My approach is red meat never, other meat in small amounts, and whey protein on exercise days.

"I would like to know if anyone out there is following this."

Yes for 10 years: IF, Keto, targeted use of protein and carbs, HIIT and weights.

"What are your thoughts?" 

You need to do some research and check other posts on this as it is complex and in depth.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 robertangel30

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:45 AM

All studies about red meat do not include cooking method so your premise is already not acceptable. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keto, intermittent fasting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users