• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Effects of Rapamycin on individuals with chronic infections or weightlifters.

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

I didn't see anything definitive listed regarding these two topics. Im young middle age and would like to start Rapamycin at a low dose of perhaps 2mg once a week. 

Has anyone lost muscle mass or strength while taking this medication? What about a generalized lack if gains from weightlifting?

My other concern is that I am prone to frequent sinus infections and need the ENT doctor to put me on antibiotics around 3-4 times per year. 

Would Rapamycin be a serious health risk in this situation?

#2 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:57 PM

I'm in my late 50's (20 months on Rapa)  and I have seen nothing but gains in muscle and speed. Nothing too dramatic but better. I think what my be happening with weight training is I feel healthier so I lift more. Is it placebo? I don't know but I'll take it. I am more muscular now then I've been in 20 years (still tall and thin though). 

Based on the Mannick study I would think low dose Rapa improves immune response. I've had one minor cold during my cycle. If you are only in your 30's I would either wait or start with 1 mg/week. The older and sicker you are the more dramatic the results from what I've seen and heard. 

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Valijon

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:00 PM

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, Im no longer in my 30s. I first discovered this forum only 2-3 years ago. I didn't see or feel the signs of againg until around 39.

November is my one year mark concerning reshaping my body and I didn't want anything which could act like a super myostatin.

Congratulations on making gains. There is a guy who is in charge of memberships at my gym in his early 60s. Always telling me I cant get to where I was size or strength wise in my 20s because Im not so young anymore. I blow it off. As long as youre warming up, stretching, and using proper form, I don't see an issue.

My philosophy on life is to fight for what you want every day as long as you are on this earth.
  • Agree x 1

#4 chipw

• Registrant
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

I took rapamycin 3mg/weekly for 4 months last year and am currently running it at 3-6mg/weekly for another 4 months.  I noticed weight loss last year but no loss of strength.  Im currently 49 and a competitive grappler.  i dont lift heavy but my sport is all about strength to weight and i have noticed nothing but positives from rapamycin.  i dont have as much soreness and generally feel "looser".  i think i will keep taking longer than my intended 4 months this year. 

I took rapamycin 3mg/weekly for 4 months last year and am currently running it at 3-6mg/weekly for another 4 months.  I noticed weight loss last year but no loss of strength.  Im currently 49 and a competitive grappler.  i dont lift heavy but my sport is all about strength to weight and i have noticed nothing but positives from rapamycin.  i dont have as much soreness and generally feel "looser".  i think i will keep taking longer than my intended 4 months this year. 

• Informative x 1

#5 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:50 AM

I'm in my late 50's (20 months on Rapa)  and I have seen nothing but gains in muscle and speed. Nothing too dramatic but better. I think what my be happening with weight training is I feel healthier so I lift more. Is it placebo? I don't know but I'll take it. I am more muscular now then I've been in 20 years (still tall and thin though). 

Based on the Mannick study I would think low dose Rapa improves immune response. I've had one minor cold during my cycle. If you are only in your 30's I would either wait or start with 1 mg/week. The older and sicker you are the more dramatic the results from what I've seen and heard. 

How were you able to convince your doctor to prescribe rapamycin?

Why are you taking for just 4 months a year and not every month of the year?

#6 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

The first year I ordered through India without a prescription. Now I use Dr. Green. 

https://rapamycintherapy.com/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 chipw

• Registrant
  • 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

One of the studies showed lasting improvements after 3 or 4 months. Im fairly young at 49 compared to the 60 starting time that i believe Dr. Green recommends. I figured i would start slow. Now, being aware of my APOE4 status, i think i will stay on longer then 4 months. I still think i will take breaks though.

I plan on getting to New York soon to see Dr. Green

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users