Caffeine alternative? It messes up my digestion and give anxiety

caffeine anxiety side effects substitute alternative

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

Hello

So i have a problem. Caffeine gives me anxiety few hours after taking it - anxiety is much less when its guarana or natural caffeine than energy drinks or coffee which i dont drink since year ago. Also i went all day caffeine free and i noticed that my brainfog after eating was gone so additonaly it somehow messes up my digestion and turns meals into unpleasant necessity.  But i need it to have some motivation and energy, i think im addicted to its effects.

I tried some things for energy, possibly anxiety-free energy:

-DLPA - no effects

-l-tyrosine - bad brainfog and nearly a depression

-mucuna pruriens 15% l-dopa - anxiety and irritability

-hordenine - alone very mild non productive stimulation, with caffeine gives loads of anxiety

-rhodiola rosea- no energy and weird brainfog

-panax ginseng- anxiety and no energy boost

-eleuthero - took it for a long time before sleep and it helped with energy swings during the day but stopped working like week ago

-pregnenolone - its not a stimulant but it caused great mood after waking up, energy, short term memory boost but stopped working year ago after few weeks of using it, also it caused weight gain so not very good

-ALCAR - not much effects alone, with caffeine gives better focus but its not a solution

-theacrine - not much energy, it actually feels sedative, i had a lot of hope for it but unfortunately...

-bacopa - nothing

-lions mane - nothing

-st johns wort- combined with guarana gives nice mood boost and somehow prevents brainfog after eating(idk why) but its pretty unpredictable with its effects

-vitamin C + magnesium Citrate - dosed this a lot with guarana and it seems to remove most of anxiety but digestive problem is still present and its very laxative stack so SHITTY overall

-phenylpiracetam - first time 200mg was great but even after few weeks of break it didnt give me as good effects so permament tolerance makes it absolutely crap

-yohimbine HCL - small dose - mild unproductive and mostly physical stimulation like hordenine, bigger dose A-N-X-I-E-T-Y!!!

Please help me to find caffeine alternative! I need it to remain productive. Also i eat pretty healthy and exercise daily. i was thinking about modafinil and adrafinil but those are very expensive and first one kinda illegal, AMP citrate - hard to get but i have read some good reports, Kola nuts - since it may help digestion and may be cleaner source of cafffeine...

#2 Voulezvous

• 61 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

Do you take Niacin? If not it’s worth considering https://universityhe...dy-for-anxiety/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:20 PM

Try a much lower dose of caffeine and add 200mg L-Theanine to it.
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:43 PM

Try a much lower dose of caffeine and add 200mg L-Theanine to it.

L theanine causes retardationn in my case, spaced out feeling, feeling just dumb. Its a common side effect. I think that anxiety after caffeine is sort of gut problem i may have some food allergy or probably low GABA. I tried honokiol and it kind of removed brainfog after eating but at the same time i felt sleepy as hell. I think i gonna try GABA supplements that dont penetrate BBB and i will see the effects.It should improve digestion.

Edited by Grandmaster, 09 September 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#5 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:22 PM

L theanine causes retardationn in my case, spaced out feeling, feeling just dumb. Its a common side effect. I think that anxiety after caffeine is sort of gut problem i may have some food allergy or probably low GABA. I tried honokiol and it kind of removed brainfog after eating but at the same time i felt sleepy as hell. I think i gonna try GABA supplements that dont penetrate BBB and i will see the effects.It should improve digestion.

Did the theanine cause this when mixed with caffeine or by itself? I find it energizing with stimulates but sedating with sleep agents like valerian, melatonin, etc..

Maybe try one of the energizing kratom strains but moderately as it can cause withdrawl if used daily. This one actually gave me some decent energy

https://www.happyhip.../maeng-da-white

Edited by John250, 09 September 2018 - 05:29 PM.

#6 Galaxyshock

• 1,466 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

Kola nut somehow manages to be much more pleasant caffeine source than coffee. I mean the effect is mildly euphoric and mood brightening, no anxiety.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

Kola nut somehow manages to be much more pleasant caffeine source than coffee. I mean the effect is mildly euphoric and mood brightening, no anxiety.

Im thinking about trying those nuts. What do you think - would it stack well with st johns wort?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, anxiety, side effects, substitute, alternative

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users