Experience with and thoughts on Nad+ and hair loss interventions

nad+ hair loss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:39 AM

Hello guys,

i would like to discuss some of the effects of Nad+ on hair loss and hear your oppinions on it, especially in comparison to or combination with other hair loss products.

About me: I am 40 years old and trying Nicotinamide Riboside for about 8 months now. Before that time i took some resveratrol and tried different hair loss products. In total i tried three substances.

1) Finansteride (Propecia), the substance which blocks dihydrotestosterone.

For me finasteride was a game changer in hair regrowth, but it came with massive side effects (post finasteride syndrome): Loss of libido, heavy sweating, different kinds of sexual problems. The bigger problem however is that these side effects persist forever, even if you stop using finasteride. I had these problems for years, but supplementation with Nicotinamide Riboside completely healed that within a few days. Dont ask me why, but it did.

2) Minodidil (Regaine, Foligaine): 

This product comes as a foam to rub into the hair. I am not sure whether or not it worked for me, but as far as it works by affecting blood flow in the skin. Could it be, that increasing Nad+ has a similar effect by improving the creating of new blood vessels? In that case it would be reasonable to assume, that supplementation with NR or MNM has a similar effect on hair regrowth.

3) Thiocyanate:

This is a topial solution sold in germany which mainly helps against irritated skin, thereby preventing some hair loss. I use it for about 1 year now.  However, more Nad+ also seems to reduce inflammation and irritation, so could it be that more Nad+ makes this intervention obsolete?  

What are your thoughts on this? Is Nad+ what we need to help hair regrowth?

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

Try Nizoral ( ketoconazole) 2% shampoo 3x/wk. it has to be the 2% which is not available in the US but you can find it on eBay. The 1 % is worthless. Lather it in and let it sit for at least five minutes before rinsing it out. It’s not going to help with regrowth but it can help prevent any further hair loss.

#3 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

hello, the 1) is an interesting side effect. There are people including myself who have hair re-growth after starting to use NR. Browse through the last pages of the Personal Experience thread for some reports on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+, hair loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users