Synapsin nasal spray: Rg3, Nicotinamide Riboside, B-12

inflammation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

I recently heard about a compounded nasal spray called Synapsin that contains the ginsenoside Rg3 (from ginseng) and nicotinamide riboside. The pharmacy I know of that compounds it also includes B-12.

Rg3 helps decrease neuronal inflammation. NR supports mitochondrial energy production.

They're saying the mix is good for conditions ranging from Alzheimer's to dementia, Parkinson's, fibromyalgia, PTSD, concussions, brain fog, adrenal insufficiency, and chronic fatigue. Apparently, chronic inflammatory diseases can also cause inflammation in the brain.

I'm wondering whether it might also help reverse cortical atrophy and what the long-term health and longevity implications might be, especially compared to taking NR alone (and therefore at a much higher dose).

I've tried Rg3 alone orally before, but never noticed much. I've been taking oral NR (Niacel) for many months now (dose recently increased to 500 mg twice a day), as well as oral and now injectable methyl B-12. A nasal spray should reach the brain more effectively, though.

One downside is cost. Here in NZ, it runs about US$225 for a 6 week supply (20cc). However, that puts it in the range of high-dose oral NR alone, so it might be a reasonable alternative.

I haven't found much on the web about it, but here's one link that might be of interest:

https://dcapharmacy....in-nasal-spray/

#2 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

I just tried Synapsin. My functional medicine MD rx'd it. I feel a bit better, sharper in the daytime but my insomnia gets a lot worse. I'm going to give it a rest for a while and see if my sleep improves. No idea why it would have this effect (I only used it in the morning), but I seem to be a 1-in-1,000,000 case so anything is possible. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Kimer Med

• Topic Starter
  • 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

I just tried Synapsin. My functional medicine MD rx'd it. I feel a bit better, sharper in the daytime but my insomnia gets a lot worse. I'm going to give it a rest for a while and see if my sleep improves. No idea why it would have this effect (I only used it in the morning), but I seem to be a 1-in-1,000,000 case so anything is possible. 

It's possible that the B12 in Synapsin is disturbing your BH4 metabolism, which is where serotonin is made.

You might try adding methylfolate and/or 5-HTP, to see if that helps.

Reducing inflammation and other sources of oxidative load may also help.

• Informative x 1

#4 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

It's possible that the B12 in Synapsin is disturbing your BH4 metabolism, which is where serotonin is made.

You might try adding methylfolate and/or 5-HTP, to see if that helps.

Reducing inflammation and other sources of oxidative load may also help.

Thanks very much. I do take methylfolate, 1mg per day. I switched from sublingual methylcobalmin B12 to hydroxyl and adenosyl B12 because the methylc. seemed to make me worse. I apparently have genetic methylation problems. I used to take 5HTP but had to stop because I was using selegiline. But maybe I will try that again. I'm thinking of trying BPC-157 but am hesitant because I'm worried about serotonin in the hypothalamus. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#5 Kimer Med

• Topic Starter
  • 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:50 AM

Thanks very much. I do take methylfolate, 1mg per day. I switched from sublingual methylcobalmin B12 to hydroxyl and adenosyl B12 because the methylc. seemed to make me worse. I apparently have genetic methylation problems. I used to take 5HTP but had to stop because I was using selegiline. But maybe I will try that again. I'm thinking of trying BPC-157 but am hesitant because I'm worried about serotonin in the hypothalamus. 

I recently finished a second 6-week course of Synapsin. Overall, a very positive experience, both mentally and physically. I would take it even longer, if it wasn't for the high cost. Curiously, here in NZ (where even Melatonin requires a prescription), it's available without a prescription.

I found it to be just mildly stimulating, but not enough so that taking it right before bed (3x/day dosing) interfered with my sleep. In fact, I slept more soundly on it than off it.

I tried Hydroxo-B12 a while back, and it gave me very, very bad insomnia. It's appropriate for people with elevated ROS and elevated NO -- which clearly doesn't include me.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inflammation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users