• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Maca color? Best Maca extract/powder source?

maca best maca maca powder testosterone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Title says it all, just wondering about what y'all think is the best maca color (black, red, yellow, or a blend of all three) for boosting social dominance, assertiveness/confidence, and/or general manliness. 

I tend to have great, entertaining ideas but I often lack the confidence to articulate them in a well spoken manner. It's hella frustrating but quite a few people have written about how maca seriously helped them with such issues so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to replicate their results.

I'm quite interested in each color as from what I understand, yellow is the best for boosting Testosterone, red is best for motivation/libido (but others say it induces gyno and it could reduce DHT), and black is best for spermatogenesis and overall energy. It's pretty confusing since the reports on each color seem to overlap a lot and people often don't mention what color they're using.

Also, what do y'all think is the best brand or source for Maca? The top three that I've seen mentioned are themacateam, Sevenhills (no reviews on Amazon tho), and Arthur's organics. Also Viva Naturals seem to have good reviews as well.

Do y'all think these are the best sources or are there better ones I should consider?

I do tend to prefer extracts since they're more convenient and powerful in general but with maca it seems like it might be more beneficial to use the gelatinized powder since it contains so many nutrients and minerals.
  •  

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 07 March 2024 - 02:55 PM

Black Maca always felt the strongest. Currently I take a mix of all three colors one tablespoon a day. Seems to help motivation, energy and libido.

Supposably glucosinolates are the "active ingredients" in Maca, which I think took a while for researchers to discover. Initially they thought it is just the high content of minerals and vitamins that make Maca healthy, but there's more to this adaptogenic superfood.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 07:08 AM

Peruvian maca medicinal effects

Medicinal effects   Reports Neuroprotective Improvement of cognitive function in stroke patients and age-related animals and humans, reduction in oxidative stress, anti-inflammatory action, regulation of transcription factors and protein inhibition 16, 22 and 24–26 Dermatological Prevention and improvement of the damage to skin caused by UV radiation and acceleration of wound healing at high altitudes 19 and 27 Diabetes Reduction in glucose levels and lower levels of lipid oxidation inhibiting the oxidative damage in the liver, a significant increase in the insulin values, and an increase in the glutathione content 28–30 Learning Improved spatial learning and memory deficits and passive avoidance learning and memory deficits 17 and 33 Fertility Improvement in sexual desire, volume of ejaculation, sperm concentration and total sperm count 35 and 41–43 Energizing Providing a physical improvement in athletes and everyone. Higher levels of resistance and enzyme superoxide dismutase, and lower levels of catalase, lactate dehydrogenase and lipid peroxidation 46 and 47 Anti-fatigue Improvement of the enzymatic activity of glutathione peroxidase and creatine kinase and, helping in delaying the onset of symptoms of fatigue. Increasing the antioxidant capacity and accelerating the conversion of energy in ATP. Decreasing the level of nitrogen urea. Increasing the level of glycogen (dose-dependent effect). 49, 50 and 53 Insecticide Possible insecticidal effect for dengue mosquito control 52 Antioxidant Intermediate antioxidant effect, wherein antioxidant activity depends on the extract concentration and microenvironment in which the compound is located. Antioxidant activity capable of inhibiting the formation of oxidation products 55 and 58

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 DaveX

• 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 05:39 PM

I read black is the best one, but I didn't like it when I tried it. (Don't remember anything more.) I always thought "normal" or yellow Maca is fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maca, best maca, maca powder, testosterone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users