• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Investing in Anti Aging Companies?

investment; anti aging

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hello guys, 

it may sound a little off-topic, but lets assume someone believes in future groundbreaking anti-aging inventions and wants to invest some money in this area, like buying shares from a promising joint-stock company.

What are your thoughts on this? Which companies are most promising at the moment in this field?

#2 Oakman

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

I've often thought about this, but typically come up short on answers. Of course there are large drug companies, but any monetary benefit in their stock from new discoveries is often diluted by their market size. There are small biotech companies to invest in, but they are so volatile, eg.,  if some study doesn't produce stellar results, it's easy to get burned (I have). Then there are all the independent labs, universities, etc that seem to get a lot of press from discoveries about aging, etc. Those may offer breakthrough supplements and drugs and procedures, but their IP and patents are generally sold off to private placement and so unavailable for investment. One of the few public companies available thus far is Chromadex, which has had a rather rocky path. I wish there were more, perhaps an ETFs worth of them even. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

Edited by Oakman, 13 September 2018 - 01:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: investment;, anti aging

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users