Photo

Mitochondria Transplants

mitochondria mitochondria transplants

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Acetylnordopatoninol

• 24 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:59 PM

So I saw this article and realized this technique could solve the problem of accumulated mitochondrial damage.

Instead of going through the hassle of figuring out allotropic expression or manipulating our bodies' mitochondrial quality control process, we could simply inject well-functioning mitochondria directly.

The technique seems relatively simple. Here's some relevant texts on mitochondria transplanting:
Mitochondrial transplantation for therapeutic use
Quality Control Parameters for Mitochondria Transplant in Cardiac Tissue

Edited by Acetylnordopatoninol, 15 September 2018 - 08:00 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

Manipulating the body's mito QC process is far simpler than this. The real use of transplantation--apart from cardiac infarcts--would be with those having inherited mitochondrial diseases. By seeding each cell with a few good mitochondria--if that were possible--fission/fusion processes could be used to clear out defective mitochondria and expand the population of transplanted mitochondria.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:11 AM

Manipulating the body's mito QC process is far simpler than this. The real use of transplantation--apart from cardiac infarcts--would be with those having inherited mitochondrial diseases. By seeding each cell with a few good mitochondria--if that were possible--fission/fusion processes could be used to clear out defective mitochondria and expand the population of transplanted mitochondria.

I really wish we have the money to assess the impact of the interventions that you have designed. I know that there is evidence to it, but it would be very interesting to specifically research your protocol in humans.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I really wish we have the money to assess the impact of the interventions that you have designed. I know that there is evidence to it, but it would be very interesting to specifically research your protocol in humans.

That's the good thing about longecity, that so many are willing to try things and no years of waiting for governmental approval.

• Agree x 4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitochondria, mitochondria transplants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users