- - - - -

Any health venture ideas?

vitamins

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Changing tack a bit, and deliberately posting here.

I feel there is a massive wealth of intellectual capital in this forum that perhaps could be levered successfully.

Trying to get the conversation going- anyone have any health-related venture ideas? I would be interested in partnering/funding something in this space.

However crazy it may be-post it, let's talk.

Thanks.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

There seems to be a lot of room for "rejuvenation clinics", as new therapies emerge. South Beach, LA, New York, and the big Euro capitals all have a lot of clinics, but not so much elsewhere.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

There seems to be a lot of room for "rejuvenation clinics", as new therapies emerge. South Beach, LA, New York, and the big Euro capitals all have a lot of clinics, but not so much elsewhere.

Interesting. Do you think there's an opportunity in this space?

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

I am in the process of buying a "Wellness Center" in my city. Currently it has a lot of herbal supplements, organic food, and some holistic physicians. I hope I can gradually work real rejuvenation therapies into the equation. There is no "rejuvenation clinic" anywhere in the state as far as I am aware, so there is some opportunity to have the "first-mover" advantage.

The main concern is navigating the blurry lines of the regulatory framework. That is why it will be good to have some licensed physicians on board. If it works out, it should be a decent income.

Otherwise, if someone wants a more hands off approach, just spread some investments out in some of the newest public companies in the rejuvenation space, like UBX. Or get in on the IPO of Oisin, Organovo, or other innovators, when they become available. Even BTX might eventually turn a profit...if that happens, then maybe the stock will rise a bit. No doubt that some of the big pharma companies will scoop some of these up at a premium.

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

I envision offshore clinics like this.  This would allow you access to therapies that don't have FDA approval but are low risk.  You would of course want to staff it with real doctors and not quacks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:48 PM

What do you guys think of the daily supplement startups such as Ritual, Nootrobox (HVMN), etc?

I'm pretty interested in this space. I do have a full-time job though. Mind, or any others, when you guys did your ventures did you quit existing jobs or is it possible to do something on the side? I'm a total novice so humbly seeking some guidance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users