- - - - -

Choline Bitartrate, Phosphatidylcholine and Ocd/Depression

choline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elc202

• 82 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:19 AM

i have depression/ocd. so i was browsing this forum and i found several threads talk about how choline causes depression,  but i didnt find any study to confirm this.

i take some supplements that has happen to have a form of choline in them , like meriva curcumin(phosphatidylcholine), inositol/choline bitartrate, and phosphatidyl serine.

on the other hand i found some sites that say it actually improve your mood :

- https://www.selfhack...line-alpha-gpc/

- https://draxe.com/what-is-choline/

also i take Acetylcarnitine and TMG, which are related to choline. thinking they may help my condition

so which side is correct? does it improve your mood or cause depression?

#2 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:05 AM

Excess ACH can absolutely cause depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. Some can take ALCAR, CDP, etc; others are very sensitive (I am). You're taking 3 cholinergics. I would consider ceasing for some time and seeing how you go. Piracetam can rapidly decrease choline stores-perhaps give it a try.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 elc202

• Topic Starter
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

Excess ACH can absolutely cause depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. Some can take ALCAR, CDP, etc; others are very sensitive (I am). You're taking 3 cholinergics. I would consider ceasing for some time and seeing how you go. Piracetam can rapidly decrease choline stores-perhaps give it a try.

hi

thanks for the reply.

which three of the five supplements i listed are cholinergic and i should stop taking? (meriva curcumin(phosphatidylcholine), inositol/choline bitartrate, phosphatidyl serine, Acetylcarnitine and TMG)

thanks

Edited by elc202, 13 October 2018 - 08:20 AM.

#4 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:24 AM

Will eating eggs increase the amount of choline sufficient to create OCD?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:50 AM

Will eating eggs increase the amount of choline sufficient to create OCD?

Nah don't think so.

Food doesn't really work that way in my experience. Even if you get the same mg amount of choline, form matters. I'm hyper sensitive to choline supps, even 250mg of choline from ALCAR or whatever starts to get me down. No issues from eggs. I think you'll be fine, if I was. I'm a hyper responder to supplements but really I suspect most people are as supps and food just aren't equal, the bioavailability just differs massively.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users