Help!! 5htp and now spine pain!!

5htp spine pain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 castillo

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ok freaking outttttttttt. By coincidence day after I took 5htp I started to experience spine pain from neck downwards. Because I took one dose of 15mg 5htp and 100mg tryptophan next day I am now scared I may have EMS or eosinophilia myalgia. Ive tried epsom bath. Ive tried heating pad nonstop and it barely touches it. It’s like I can’t hold my spine up. I try reasoning with myself. That maybe I used my cellphone too much. Or I talked on phone too much with crisis help line, therefore my neck and shoulders are sore and can no longer hold up my head due to pain. But the one thing that gets me is that the heating doesnt help much. It use to always help. I hope EMS symptoms is so horrible that one can’t mistaken them and that what i have is just a severely inflamed spine from overuse!!! Pleae help as I am close to running to hospital!!!!!!

Only other thing I took yesterday, a quarter pill of zinc and quarter pill of B6. But im pretty sure spine pain was before these which is when I took 5htp/tryptophan 2 days ago. Oh and the epsom salt baths last two days for pain.

Please unless your aware of what EMS eosinophilia is and knowledgeable about it, please try not to scare me. Im already scared enough:

I went down the 5htp route because taking high dose birth control made me crazy. Figured it depleted my already low serotonin. That one dose of 5htp helped. tryptophan only made me super groggy next day.

Edited by castillo, 12 October 2018 - 02:38 PM.

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Ok freaking outttttttttt. By coincidence day after I took 5htp I started to experience spine pain from neck downwards. Because I took one dose of 15mg 5htp and 100mg tryptophan next day I am now scared I may have EMS or eosinophilia myalgia. Ive tried epsom bath. Ive tried heating pad nonstop and it barely touches it. It’s like I can’t hold my spine up. I try reasoning with myself. That maybe I used my cellphone too much. Or I talked on phone too much with crisis help line, therefore my neck and shoulders are sore and can no longer hold up my head due to pain. But the one thing that gets me is that the heating doesnt help much. It use to always help. I hope EMS symptoms is so horrible that one can’t mistaken them and that what i have is just a severely inflamed spine from overuse!!! Pleae help as I am close to running to hospital!!!!!!

Only other thing I took yesterday, a quarter pill of zinc and quarter pill of B6. But im pretty sure spine pain was before these which is when I took 5htp/tryptophan 2 days ago. Oh and the epsom salt baths last two days for pain.

Please unless your aware of what EMS eosinophilia is and knowledgeable about it, please try not to scare me. Im already scared enough:

I went down the 5htp route because taking high dose birth control made me crazy. Figured it depleted my already low serotonin. That one dose of 5htp helped. tryptophan only made me super groggy next day.

I believe the EMS eosinophilia related to tryptophan was only from the Chinese formula a long time ago. Not US tryptophan.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:50 PM

Thank you!!! I wouldn’t have been so worried if the pain gradually appeared before the dose of 5htp but it just so happened to appear the day after the dose. I could only add 1 and 1 together. What is with all the worries online about taking 5htp then? Does EMS happen with tryptophan users only or is it both? My question is whether to continue on with 5htp since my low serotonin still needs to be addressed for this chemical anxiety. You are an angel!

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

Thank you!!! I wouldn’t have been so worried if the pain gradually appeared before the dose of 5htp but it just so happened to appear the day after the dose. I could only add 1 and 1 together. What is with all the worries online about taking 5htp then? Does EMS happen with tryptophan users only or is it both? My question is whether to continue on with 5htp since my low serotonin still needs to be addressed for this chemical anxiety. You are an angel!

I’m not sure but under wiki causes it seems it was only one company from Japan where the issues happened.

https://en.m.wikiped...yalgia_syndrome

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:40 AM

Thanks! Inflammation still hanging around. I was wondering if you or anyone else would recommend taking Relora with 5htp at bedtime. 5htp supposedly raises cortisol levels and my cortisol is already off the charts. Would it be reasonable to slowly raise the serotonin and using the Relora to keep cortisol steady? I took 15 mg 5htp during the day and it made me sooo tired. Ive spent my energy fighting to stay awake today making me anxious and now I can’t sleep! so i’m not sure if my cortisol was raised having spent my energy fighting the tiredness or did 5htp slightly raise my cortisol and heartrate??

Ps. Since 5htp makes me drowsy during day and awake during night, would it make sense
For me to take right when i climb into bed and not..say..an hour before bed? That way i’ll fall asleep within an hour before it activates me and if it chooses to make me drowsy, i’ll be asleep already.

Edited by castillo, 17 October 2018 - 02:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5htp, spine pain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users