- - - - -

stopping supplementation of GliSodin

glisodin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elc202

• 83 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

on the second page of this thread from 2015 about GliSodin there is a study about  how it lowers the body's production of sod after you stop supplementation. everyone seems to ignore it so i'll post it again here, hopefully it will get some attention.

This is a very interesting study, and here is full study:

https://www.jstage.j...5/53_5_608/_pdf

The interesting findings of this study are that even one day after ending the SOD supplementation:

1) SOD levels measured in the blood were LOWER than the levels prior to supplementation.

2) Whereas SOD levels had a very wide range of 2.8 to 8.5 U/ml prior to supplementation, after supplementation the range narrowed to 2.1 to 2.9!!  Imagine being the person with endogenous levels around 8.5, and after supplementing you crash to <2.8!

3) The markers of oxidative stress went UP not down, at end of supplementation.

What I don't understand is why they did not measure these things every day during the study period to understand the trend.   Had the body already compensated its endogenous production before they stopped taking the supplement, or was it only after stopping that the crash in SOD levels happened?

This is a very surprising result, and it makes me think that supplementing SOD without carefully monitoring your SOD levels before and after supplementing is a flat out mistake.  

im not sure if i should stop using it.

• Good Point x 1

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:40 AM

There are a few threads on this. I stopped as a result of the study.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glisodin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users