Cornflake + milk only diet for life - Serious, need feedback on macronutrients

mono diet cornflakes milk cereal

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

So I want to simplify my diet down a lot. I’ve been very good with taking my supplements every morning, and even on an average or bad diet, I feel better than I do on a great diet without my supplements. So I’m not so worried about my micronutrients at all now (14 years of ocd supplement taking, and I’ve finally found the ones that work miracles for me).

So now I want to simplify my diet completely for day to day living. I literally want to eat for sustenance and not pleasure, and as healthy as possible for the macros I require.

The simplest best thing I’ve found so far is cornflakes with milk. But I worry about not getting enough fat from the milk, and maybe not enough carbs from the cornflakes.

But I definitely want to make sure my fat intake is enough to prevent lowering my testosterone. So if I drink a litre of whole milk, I get 35g of fat. Will this be enough to keep my testosterone levels up?

And the last point is this will be my day to day living food. As in if I’m at a social event or going to a restaurant, I’ll eat normally; but all the times when I have control over my food intake (95% of the time), I.e eating at home, it will only be cornflakes + milk.

Edited by manny, 18 October 2018 - 10:04 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

I doubt if you will be able to stick to it long enough for it to become a problem.

• unsure x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:22 PM

You need to explain how it would become a problem if I ate only cornflakes and milk, not about my ability to stick to it.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#4 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2018 - 02:50 AM

Actually you might be right, but not due to lack of willpower, but a lack of sleep.

It seems like cornflakes and milk is great for cutting calories as I didn't eat anything else except 4 bowls of cornflakes with milk today (or crave anything else). However cutting calories wasn't my goal, getting the right macronutrients was, and one thing I've learned about my body, is if I don't get enough calories in the form of carbs, I can't fall asleep (keto diets suck for me).

While cornflakes are carb heavy, the ratio isn't high enough when consumed with milk. I'd be getting too much protein and not enough carbs. And I can't eat cornflakes without milk. So I'm going to add rice at the end of the day as a carb heavy food. Or I move onto drinking milk & eating rice.

Let's calculate this properly.

2 litres of whole lactose free milk = 1140 cals, 70g fat, 68g protein 

500g (2 packs) Uncle Bens Microwave Spicy Mexican Rice = 836 cals, 148g carbs

Total cals: 1976 (near enough to 2000)

Hmm that doesn't sound right, not enough carbs. 

Let's do another calculation with semi skimmed, get that fat lower, and protein and carbs higher:

2 litres of semi skimmed lactose free milk = 800 cals, 30g fat, 72g protein

750g (3 packs) Uncle Bens Microwave Spicy Mexican Rice = 1254 cals, 25g fat, 222g carbs

Total cals: 2054

I'm liking these numbers. By switching to semi skimmed, I can lower the milk fat by 40g, but still get around 55g of fat via the rice as well. But now my proteins gone higher, and my carbs have gone even more higher.

Then again if I ate 9 bowls of cornflakes, I get 225g of carbs at 990 cals. 

2 litres semi skimmed milk + 9 bowls of cornflakes = 1790 cals, 30g fat, 72g protein

3 large boiled eggs =  234 cals, 15g fat, 18g protein

Total: 2024 cals, 225g carbs, 45g fat, 90g protein.

I'm liking these numbers the best. High carbs and protein, medium fat.

So now I know my aim.

Macro-nutrients Goal:

2 litres of semi skimmed milk

9 bowls of cornflakes

3 large boiled eggs

#5 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:10 AM

Off topic, but what are the supplements that work miracles for you? If you don't mind sharing...

#6 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Current Stack
## Morning Stack
*1 x 1g Vitamin C* (Any brand is fine as long as it’s ascorbic acid)
*1 x 25mg Zinc Citrate* (Higher Nature)
*1 x 30mg Pycnogenol* (Natures Aid)
*1 x Vitamin E* (Healthy Origins - E400)
*1 x Ginger* (Natures Aid or Higher Nature)
*1 x B-Complex* (Higher Nature - B-Vital)
*1 x Gingko Biloba* (Higher Nature)
*1 x Sea Buckthorn Oil* (Natures Aid)

## Night Time Stack
*1 Cap of Ionic Magnesium* (Good State)
  • like x 1

#7 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:18 PM

Anyway the reason I wanted to post here again is I’m starting this again. I’ve also started using a new notes app on my iPad Pro which is going to make all my experiences, experiments, insights, and conclusions easy to archive and look back on (thanks to their tagging system). If anyone is interested in that notes app, it’s called Bear notes.

Anyway, looking back on my post, I said I suffered from insomnia. Now I wonder if that was actually due to the diet, or whether I was experimenting with milk thistle at the time, as I later concluded that could be potentially causes me insomnia and I was better off sticking to my stack. Thankfully I’ll have better insights now I’m taking notes, rather than relying on my memory.

Anyway the macros on the first post don’t look right. Also I measured a bowl of cornflakes without milk using a scale (not digital), and it was showing around 80g. I really need to buy a digital scale, but I’ll use that measurement for now.

But in the previous post here, I said I struggled to eat 4 bowls. Well if we take that 80g measurement, this actually makes sense, as I was consuming a lot more calories that I thought.

Lastly I sort of remember being somewhat constipated with just cornflakes + milk. Now I’m going to have to test this again before I conclude I need to add something else. But if this ends up being the case I will eat 1 banana after my last bowl.

Oh and I also thing I remember that this satiety didn’t last over the days. But then again, non proper note taking. This time it will be different.

Anyway here is what I came up with, and these macros look way more promising:

# Cornflake Diet & Macros

1 Bowl of Cornflakes without Milk is 80g (might need to measure again because I used an old scale, not a digital one).

5 Bowls (400g) of Cornflakes:

* 1512 Calories
* 336g Carbs
* 28g Protein
* 3.6g Fat

2 litres of LactoFree Skimmed Milk:

* 620 Calories
* 56g Carbs
* 74g Protein
* 10g Fat

Combined 5 bowls of Cornflakes with 2 litres of Lactofree Skimmed Milk:

* 2132 Calories
* 392g Carbs
* 102g Protein
* 13.6g Fat

#health/diet #--top

Edited by manny, 23 March 2019 - 03:20 PM.

#8 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

You need to explain how it would become a problem if I ate only cornflakes and milk, not about my ability to stick to it.

There are simply so many unknown variable if diet is cut down to only 2 things. For example, all the nutrients not even discovered yet in a really varied diet, but nevertheless having beneficial effects in the long run. Possibly becoming sensitive to ingredients. Consuming 2 industrially processed foods only, one certainly does get unusual high levels of pollutants particularly used with these 2 (glyphosate in cornflakes, antibiotics in milk). Etc.

But overall the great unknowns, which only now are becoming some shape:

http://ucsdnews.ucsd...ats-in-your-gut

Big data dump from the world’s largest citizen science microbiome project reveals how factors such as diet, antibiotics and mental health status can influence the microbial and molecular makeup of your gut

Emerging trends

All of the data collected by the American Gut Project are publicly available, without participants’ identifying information. This open access approach allows researchers around the world to mine the data for meaningful associations between factors such as diet, exercise, lifestyle, microbial makeup and health. Here are a few observations that have emerged so far:

Diet. The number of plant types in a person’s diet plays a role in the diversity of his or her gut microbiome—the number of different types of bacteria living there. No matter the diet they prescribed to (vegetarian, vegan, etc.), participants who ate more than 30 different plant types per week (41 people) had gut microbiomes that were more diverse than those who ate 10 or fewer types of plants per week (44 people). The gut samples of these two groups also differed in the types of molecules present.

Antibiotics. The gut microbiomes of American Gut Project participants who reported that they took antibiotics in the past month (139 people) were, as predicted, less diverse than people who reported that they had not taken antibiotics in the last year (117 people). But, paradoxically, people who had taken antibiotics recently had significantly greater diversity in the types of chemicals in their gut samples than those who had not taken antibiotics in the past year.

The participants who ate more than 30 plants per week also had fewer antibiotic resistance genes in their gut microbiomes than people who ate 10 or fewer plants. In other words, the bacteria living in the guts of the plant-lovers had fewer genes that encode the molecular pumps that help the bacteria avoid antibiotics. This study didn’t address why this might be the case, but the researchers think it could be because people who eat fewer plants may instead be eating more meat from antibiotic-treated animals or processed foods with antibiotics added as a preservative, which may favor the survival of antibiotic-resistant bacteria...

Mental health. The American Gut Project researchers also examined the gut microbiomes of 125 people who reported having a mental health disorder, such as depression, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or bipolar disorder. They matched each of these participants to individuals who did not have a mental health disorder, but did have other major factors in common, such as country, age, sex and body mass index. The team found that people with a mental disorder had more in common with other people with mental disorders, in terms of the bacteria makeup of their gut microbiomes, than they did with their mentally healthy pairs.

Emphasis added by me. You trial to get by just 1 plant (oats). You really taking a possibly very big risk.

Edited by pamojja, 23 March 2019 - 03:41 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#9 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

I’m in the UK so I believe there are more chemicals banned here and within the EU itself, including GMO’s.

However I’m not sure where the product Kellogg’s Cornflakes are made for the UK product. Are they made inside the EU, or in the USA?

I do share some of your concerns. However milk in particular I’ve made a uturn on my views. I find Lactofree Milk one of the easiest to digest foods with no side effects (I’ve observed), and with the lactose removed, I now completed enjoy milk fully and think of it as a super macro food.

I also feel my gut health has been restored considerably thanks to a certain brand of probiotics I took, and then continuing my current stack I take daily today. You can get away with so much when it comes to diet, once you find the right supplements to suit your bodies needs. I’m able to eat more crap than ever before, and hardly suffer from as many problems as I use to. Hell supplements counteract a lot of the negative effects I get from smoking (don’t worry I am trying to quit). So never underestimate a good supplement stack that works for you.

So I feel I can get away with cornflakes + milk, because my supplementation regime allows me to feel good & clear headed on a mediocre diet. Hell the days I don’t smoke, and take my supplements, and eat like the average person, I feel great!

However I should note I get indigestion a lot with so many foods. This I believe is due to my daily stack and pinpointed it to namely Zinc, and maybe Gingko. Thankfully I find Cornflakes + Milk light on my digestive system, so I don’t think I’ll suffer as much from this, and I want to keep taking those supplements daily because I love their benefits.
  • Ill informed x 2

#10 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

Anyway I came back here to post that I will be adding 1 banana at the end of the day/last meal from the start of this experiment. I figured 121 calories is nothing, it will help reduce any constipating the next day, and help me sleep. Winner all around.

New Macros:
5 bowls (400g) Cornflakes + 2 litres of Lactofree Skimmed Milk + 1 Large Banana:

* 2253 Calories
* 423g Carbs
* 103.5g Protein
* 14g Fat

Also I wanted to inform people of why I’m doing this. I don’t know what it is, but I’m being drawn to high carb lifestyle at the moment. I have nothing against fat or any of the macros. In fact depending on how this goes, I might have to increase my fat macro a little bit, or eat extra fat once a week or something.

But something inside of me, with all my experiences, is saying high carb & protein might work well for me. I feel it will help me have more energy, physically and mentally, get less indigestion, and give me great sleep.

And if this seems to be a great combination, I’ll stick to it. If not, I’ll discard it or readjust.

The last 2 things, is I’m trying to change my mentality of food. Eat to live, not live to eat. The other reason is simplicity and laziness. Sure I could cook healthy meals with varieties, and I could watch my intake, but I can’t be assed with that. I like the ability to say okay, take my supplements, eat 5 bowls of cereal, 2 litres of milk, and 1 banana a day, to meet my macros & micros and feel great. Also preparing it and washing up takes around 30 seconds for each. 

So main reasons I’m doing this are:
  • Simplicity
  • High Mental & Physical Energy
  • See Food as a Fuel rather than a Pleasure
  • Better Sleep

Very last point: 

This is my default diet. I only stick to this diet when it’s in my power to do so, which will be 90-95% of the time. Special occasions such as birthdays, bbqs, going out to eat somewhere, or unavailability of lactofree milk because I’m stuck on a cruise ship or something, are times where I can put the diet aside. But all normal times, the majority of days where I have power over my diet, then this will be the default diet. 

Edited by manny, 23 March 2019 - 04:43 PM.

#11 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

I’m in the UK so I believe there are more chemicals banned here and within the EU itself, including GMO’s.

However I’m not sure where the product Kellogg’s Cornflakes are made for the UK product. Are they made inside the EU, or in the USA?

Doesn't really matter. Glyphosate has been found in the urine of most Europeans.

I do share some of your concerns. However milk in particular I’ve made a uturn on my views. I find Lactofree Milk one of the easiest to digest foods with no side effects (I’ve observed), and with the lactose removed, I now completed enjoy milk fully and think of it as a super macro food.

Raw milk, so difficult to get in many places, actually would be the one food with the highest probiotic diversity.

I also feel my gut health has been restored considerably thanks to a certain brand of probiotics I took, and then continuing my current stack I take daily today. You can get away with so much when it comes to diet, once you find the right supplements to suit your bodies needs. I’m able to eat more crap than ever before, and hardly suffer from as many problems as I use to. Hell supplements counteract a lot of the negative effects I get from smoking (don’t worry I am trying to quit). So never underestimate a good supplement stack that works for you.

So I feel I can get away with cornflakes + milk, because my supplementation regime allows me to feel good & clear headed on a mediocre diet. Hell the days I don’t smoke, and take my supplements, and eat like the average person, I feel great!

Diet doesn't cover everything. But supplements certainly not either.

Take me as contrary to your example. I enjoyed great health as young adult, even with not such great a diet (due to traveling a decade in developing countries), smoked and took absolutely no supplements. Though I did suffer serious illnesses, which easily could bring any other down - ie. 7 malarias, hepatitis, spondylodiscitis, schistosomiasis - I experienced my immune system super-strong at that time. Being able to handle about everything deathly without much ado.

Fast forward with the co-factor aging taking it's toll, I'm now certain all of it played a role in that final outcome after about age 40. And so much that could have been prevented, if not for my optimism and unconcernedness of youth.

However I should note I get indigestion a lot with so many foods. This I believe is due to my daily stack and pinpointed it to namely Zinc, and maybe Gingko. Thankfully I find Cornflakes + Milk light on my digestive system, so I don’t think I’ll suffer as much from this, and I want to keep taking those supplements daily because I love their benefits.

While taking loads of zinc, gingko and handfuls of supplements myself now, I never suffered indigestion. Could it be you just avoid an underlying issue with your digestion? And by all the unknown variables greatly exacerbate it in the long run?

I enjoyed great health without any interventions as young adult, got the final bill at advanced age. You perceiving benefits with some health-difficulties already at younger age, could amount to even a bigger bill to pay further down the road.

Good luck.

Edited by pamojja, 23 March 2019 - 05:59 PM.

#12 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Doesn't really matter. Glyphosate has been found in the urine of most Europeans.

That’s unfortunate but understandable. While lowering any amount of pesticides or chemicals is beneficial to a persons health, I’m not as concerned about them as I use to be. As long as I can feel healthy and clear headed with what I believe makes the biggest impact on my health, I have to let the other things be as they be.

This is not to say I disregard all of it. I don’t touch sweeteners, and have been a water drinker all my life. But 15 years of going and learning through your own experiments and health experiences, you tweak what you think works best for yourself.

Raw milk, so difficult to get in many places, actually would be the one food with the highest probiotic diversity.

Funnily enough I live in a rural part of the UK, where I can get raw milk with a 10 minute drive. I did so once, but it ended up costing me £60 because I had to get my car valleyed because I brought in some cow muck, as they sell it in a building located on the farm (and the path evidently wasn’t clean, as I didn’t step in a cow pie or anything).

I had high hopes for raw milk, but alas I learned out the experience way. Whatever those raw milk websites claim about those who are lactose intolerant are able to digest it because it has certain properties pasteurised milk doesn’t, that was not my case. I drank the whole pint and had digestive problems I regret at the time (but not the newfound knowledge that came afterward though). And yet I can drink litres of Lactofree milk fine.

Diet doesn't cover everything. But supplements certainly not either.

Understood. But I’ve seen people survive on the shittest restricted foods also. Ever watch that show on BBC Three “Freaky Eaters”. There are humans out there for years only eating 1 food. Examples include Cheese, Jam Sandwiches,  Chips (french fries), Crisps (chips) etc... And I say years! 

Have a look here, just read the titles: https://www.bbc.co.u.../episodes/guide

That’s not to say a healthy diet or nutrition does not improve health. But these people have eaten certain bad foods for years, and yet it surprises the hell out of me how they survive, and how some don’t suffer from acne or anything.  

Take me as contrary to your example. I enjoyed great health as young adult, even with not such great a diet (due to traveling a decade in developing countries), smoked and took absolutely no supplements. Though I did suffer serious illnesses, which easily could bring any other down - ie. 7 malarias, hepatitis, spondylodiscitis, schistosomiasis - I experienced my immune system super-strong at that time. Being able to handle about everything deathly without much ado.

Fast forward with the co-factor aging taking it's toll, I'm now certain all of it played a role in that final outcome after about age 40. And so much that could have been prevented, if not for my optimism and unconcernedness of youth.

Well I’ve already hit bottom with my health when I was younger. I’ve experimented with so many different supplements, steroids, and medical drugs in the pursuit of health and sex drive and whatever else.

Here are some of the things I suffered with and cured over the years, and remember I just turned 31:

Peyronies Disease

Jock Itch

Frost Bite (Twice)

Brain Fog

Weak Immune System, constantly getting ill

Mild OCD

Crippling Allergies every time I went to bed that I had to take night medicine to even fall asleep

Constipation all the time

And probably some other things I forgotten about.

But Peyronies Disease & Jock Itch are pretty incurable to a lot of people, and I understand why. Frost bite there is meant to be no cure for, as the cells have died. But with enough experimenting and time, I eventually got through all these. That doesn’t mean I’ve solved everything in my health. But I’m so much further along then when I was 18.

While taking loads of zinc, gingko and handfuls of supplements myself now, I never suffered indigestion. Could it be you just avoid an underlying issue with your digestion? And by all the unknown variables greatly exacerbate it in the long run?

No. I don’t get indigestion off the supplements. TBH I forgot to mention weed also causes this problem.

But that’s the thing, and I only discovered this later on. But while humans are similar, they are uniquly different as well, including all the complexities of their bodies. Medicine, supplements, and drugs will effect people differently, some may get side effects, while some may get the positive results they were looking for, and others nothing much happens.

I enjoyed great health without any interventions as young adult, got the final bill at advanced age. You perceiving benefits with some health-difficulties already at younger age, could amount to even a bigger bill to pay further down the road.

Well I’ve already been through hell and back with my health. That doesn’t mean I know everything, but I have a much better understand of what works for me right now then I did even 5 years back.

We all pay the big bill down the road and that’s called death. I’m more concerned on what comes after it.

Lastly I am willing to bet that in the next 6 years we’ll be seeing a lot of cures for cancer, aids, and other major diseases come out, as well as our environment and foods becoming healthier and more chemical free (and other technological advances). The World is going to change like never before, I’m excited!

Good luck to you too and thank you for your replies. Feel free to post anymore if you want to discuss anything further. 

• Ill informed x 1

#13 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

I knew already that no argument against could change your mind. So similar to me when young myself. So take it for your entertainment when I list one further argument against such a limited diet for the benefit of all other lazy bums.

Of course, there always have been outliers of people living under worse of conditions or really bad diet, who lived to ripe age without any health issue. But we both already know through experience, we aren't like them. We both had to fight hard for health.

The most weighty counterargument for a diet of 400 g cornflakes (sorry for mistaking it before as oatflakes), 2l laktose-free skimmed milk and 1 large banana, becomes apparent when entering a days of this nutrition in cronometer:

Attached File  2019-03-23_222726.png   47.62KB   2 downloads

And if these sheer lack of so many essential nutrients, all essential fatty acids, all essential amino-acids, all fat soluble vitamins, most critically essential minerals, along with the overabundance of calcium doesn't give some very serious concerns, than I don't know what ever would.

• Needs references x 1

#14 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

A more detailed breakdown if entered as a recipe at cronometer (by the way, years ago available as tiny standalone program, it was so much better than this commercialized online-version. Does anyone still has its old installer?)

Attached File  1.png   43.66KB   0 downloads

Attached File  2.png   37.95KB   0 downloads

Attached File  3.png   47.64KB   0 downloads

• Needs references x 1

#15 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

I knew already that no argument against could change your mind. So similar to me when young myself. So take it for your entertainment when I list one further argument against such a limited diet for the benefit of all other lazy bums.

Of course, there always have been outliers of people living under worse of conditions or really bad diet, who lived to ripe age without any health issue. But we both already know through experience, we aren't like them. We both had to fight hard for health.

The most weighty counterargument for a diet of 400 g cornflakes (sorry for mistaking it before as oatflakes), 2l laktose-free skimmed milk and 1 large banana, becomes apparent when entering a days of this nutrition in cronometer:

attachicon.gif 2019-03-23_222726.png

And if these sheer lack of so many essential nutrients, all essential fatty acids, all essential amino-acids, all fat soluble vitamins, most critically essential minerals, along with the overabundance of calcium doesn't give some very serious concerns, than I don't know what ever would.

Carefully consider what you’re saying, and examine the results.

How can 2 litres of milk give you 106g of protein and lack all essential amino acids? When milk itself is a complete protein?

Also Milk is high in B12. My brand is 0.47ug per 100ml. Times that by 20, you get 9.4ug. Your picture shows only 1.3ug at 56%, which means I need 2.32ug to get 100%. So I’m getting 400% B12 not 56%, and that’s just from the milk. Also cornflakes have 2.1ug per 100g, meaning I’m getting another 8.4ug of B12, which equates to 17.8ug B12 just from milk and cornflakes alone.

Look here under skimmed: http://www.milkfacts...ent Content.htm

This is for 8oz of milk, and you can already see most nutrients that are lacking on your crono graph are missing milks nutritional data. And note I’m having 2 litres of skimmed milk which is 70oz rather than 8oz, so you have to multiply all data by 8.75 to see what I’m truely getting.

So your crono data is way off, by lacking milks nutritional value, which alone would fill most of the missing nutrients. I’ve presented the evidence here. Hell you can calculate the missing Lipids data for milk if you want, they’d probably fill up once the right data is entered. 

So in reality Milk + Cornflakes + 1 Large Banana could cover nearly all of your basic Vitamin & Mineral needs.

Will you concede your argument with the data I’ve provided? Or will you be your younger self and have no argument change your mind?

Edited by manny, 24 March 2019 - 11:31 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

#16 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

Will you concede your argument with the data I’ve provided? Or will you be your younger self and have no argument change your mind?

Better do your homework yourself, and do a precise calculation with cronometer of what you're getting exactly of what. I could only enter what came closest to your indications. While only you can read the Nutrition fact labels ingredients list of every of your products, and enter the exact number to calculate the precise totals of 1 day. You own it to yourself. My quick summery should only wake you up.

Hint: Even with a very varied diet it wasn't possible for me to close some gaps to the 'ridiculously low daily allowance' with diet alone. So cronometer will always have some essential surprises where one has overseen to supplement, and where one has to cut down a food item for potentially dangerous high intake.

Edited by pamojja, 24 March 2019 - 12:34 PM.

#17 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Better do your homework yourself, and do a precise calculation with cronometer of what you're getting exactly of what. I could only enter what came closest to your indications. While only you can read the Nutrition fact labels ingredients list of every of your products, and enter the exact number to calculate the precise totals of 1 day. You own it to yourself. My quick summery should only wake you up.

Hint: Even with a very varied diet it wasn't possible for me to close some gaps to the 'ridiculously low daily allowance' with diet alone. So cronometer will always have some essential surprises where one has overseen to supplement, and where one has to cut down a food item for potentially dangerous high intake.

Well the chronometer doesn’t seem to work, and I’m not paying for it. Haven’t you ever thought the reason you were lacking in some nutrients even with a “very varied diet” is because the chronometer had the wrong data and gave you the wrong result?

Hell you only used 3 foods, Skimmed Milk, Cornflakes, and a Large Banana, and it couldn’t even get that correct.

Also you fail to include my daily supplemental stack into consideration, which was the first post I made yesterday.

You’re preaching at me on a lack of vital nutrients, yet from the milk, cornflakes, and large banana alone, if the data on the chronometer was correctly adjusted, would show very few nutrients which these foods don’t provide.

I don’t need to do my homework. You need to do your homework and graciously concede on your point that such a diet would lack your vital nutrients. I’m not talking about non-vital nutrients such as flavonoids or phytonutrients. I’m talking about the vital vitamins, minerals, amino acids.

So you posting here that people who do this diet are going to lack the majority of vital nutrients is wrong. And when I point out the flaws in your data, you say “better do the homework yourself” and “my quick summary should only wake you up”, how condescending can you be when you don’t even back up what you say.

You keep saying I’m like you, young and naive at my age, and are acting so much wiser now you’re older. Yet you can’t graciously concede your point or at least learn from the evidence presented.

Edited by manny, 24 March 2019 - 02:37 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#18 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

Well the chronometer doesn’t seem to work, and I’m not paying for it. Haven’t you ever thought the reason you were lacking in some nutrients even with a “very varied diet” is because the chronometer had the wrong data and gave you the wrong result?

Cronometer has a free online version with less abilities than the paid (I already was complaining about).  As I found out yesterday, one can still get a full view by entering everything including supplements as 'recipe', which can contain as many personally customized items as one wants. and does the calculation this way for one day.

That way it would work for you now, if you wouldn't be that intellectually lazy. Personally I used a blank excel-spreadsheet entered with the data for all foods I use from a printed book about nutritional content of European foods, or the exact values given on the product, or where not available from searching studies, for calculating exact daily intakes. Along with all supplements over time.

However, this whole business of nutrient adequacy is a lot more complex than calculating it from databases (beside how inaccurate that may turn out). Therefore completed that picture with as many lab-markers as available to me, along with clinical observations.

Just one example where calculation of intake gave complete false assurance: My intake of dietary Mg calculated an average 0.63 g/d the first 3 years (10 years ago), supplemental an additional 0.8 g/d. No amount of additional oral Mg of the allegedly better bio-available forms could replete a developing very severe Mg-deficiency. Only a number of Mg-sulfate infusions could in the end.

An other example where the RDA would be completely misleading is Vitamin D. Very few could ever hope to replete with the RDA of that vitamin alone. Here a serum 25(OH)D level test is essential.

Therefore calculation will rather miss some deficiencies due to individual higher needs, which can only be found with lab-testing. It nevertheless does spot the most probables, if one does fill in the blanks for some in nutrients databases.

Edited by pamojja, 24 March 2019 - 02:57 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#19 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

That way it would work for you now, if you wouldn't be that intellectually lazy.

I’ve heard enough of your opinions. You’re going off topic and derailing the thread. If you weren’t so lazy yourself and read the thread title “...need feedback on macronutrients” and read the first post I made here (happy with my micronutrient intake), you would know I started this thread because I wanted feedback on macronutrients, NOT micronutrients. 

And you’ve demonstrated to me that your opinions are worth little. Because anyone who thought 106g of protein from milk lacked the essential amino acids, and then tries to lecture me on micronutrients afterward, is frankly ridiculous, and just not worth listening to, I’m sorry. 

I can’t stop you from posting here, but I will choose to ignore your posts from now on. 

Other than the above. I will post my progress on this diet and my experiences here.

Yesterday I under ate my goal. Today I’ve had 2 bowls so far.

Here are the things I’ve noticed:

• I feel hotter. I didn’t even think I needed a coat today, because I feel much hotter than usual. 
  • Surprisingly, this diet isn’t hard to stick to. I don’t crave other things. I don’t know whether it’s mental or just because it’s high carb and protein, and thus my body doesn’t ask for much else. But I don’t feel the need to break it, or at least, I have much more control. Probably why I naturally under ate my goal yesterday. 
  • Falling asleep last night wasn’t easy. But I also smoked cigarettes (which causes me insomnia), and I’ve screwed my sleep pattern twice this past week from smoking weed and overeating. Let me stick to this diet for a week before I conclude it’s the cause of insomnia, as their are too many factors.

Some other things:

• I weighed myself this morning and I’m 106.2kg
  • I plan on eventually adding 1 raw egg yolk in the morning, and lowering my intake by 1 bowl. So it will eventually be something like this: raw egg yolk, 4 bowls, banana 

The exciting thing about this diet so far is the simplicity and satiety. It’s like, make and eat a bowl of cornflakes only takes 10 minutes, after which I’m not thinking about food at all and just do my other things.

At the end of the day though it’s only day 2. We’ll have to wait and see if this lasts, but I’m currently hopeful.

Edited by manny, 24 March 2019 - 05:56 PM.

#20 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

Okay guys, here's my update.

1. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. And then when I finally fell asleep my sleep was disturbed, and at one point I woke up at 6am. However I forced myself asleep, and woke up around 10am. I feel much more refreshed now, though not fully refreshed, the sleep quality wasn't great. This was without me smoking or taking any of my supplements that day. So hopefully my body and sleep will adjust to this diet better with time.

2. Also I measured a full bowl of cornflakes (without milk) using an electronic scale. A full bowl is really between 90-100g, not 80g. This wasn't my scale, and I won't have access to it every time I eat. Until I get an electronic scale myself and decide to weigh every bowl, I am going to say each full bowl is 100g. Meaning I have to reduce my intake to 4 bowls to maintain, which is what I've naturally been doing anyway.

3. This morning I weighed 106.1kg, so that's not significant enough to call a loss.

4. I've decided to hold off on adding raw egg yolks (fat) to my diet. The fact that I currently weigh so much, I have plenty of saturated fat on my body which can replace my dietary fats for the time being.

5. Since sticking to this diet for 3 days, and having stopped smoking for 2 days, I hope to add cardio exercise soon also, hopefully today.

6. I think my energy is getting better, but it's still too soon to tell. Especially since the sleep debt I accumulated before I started this diet, and the disturbed sleep I experienced at night.

7. Now I'm on my 3rd day, I feel slightly more confident I can stick to this diet, and my cravings for other food is non-existent. But time will tell.

#21 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

I’ve heard enough of your opinions. You’re going off topic and derailing the thread. If you weren’t so lazy yourself and read the thread title “...need feedback on macronutrients” and read the first post I made here (happy with my micronutrient intake), you would know I started this thread because I wanted feedback on macronutrients, NOT micronutrients.

Of course, now you choose to ignore that I didn't answer your question in the OP. But to a particular reply of you, I even quoted before giving answers to that question, totally on topic of that particular quote of you:

Since you anyway choose to ignore any and all of the knows reasons given - why such a limited diet might become a problem down the road - and therefore no nutritionist on earth would recommend in the long run:

• Lack all the varied nutrients not even discovered yet in a really varied diet, but nevertheless might having beneficial effects in the long run.
  • Very likely developing sensitivities to overused ingredients.
  • Exposure to unusual high levels of pollutants particularly in these 2 foods (glyphosate in cornflakes, antibiotics in milk).
  • Decreased microbiome diversity associated with better health and less antibiotic resistance.
  • Definite deficiencies of some essential nutrients. If not analyzed thoroughly and tested by oneself, and supplemented according to findings.

Let's call this diary of yours 'on the way to self-destruction'. We wont even hear of it's outcome. Because a human is resilient enough to bear up with such dietary-insults for decades. A time when this forum probably is only found at the wayback-machine.

I can’t stop you from posting here, but I will choose to ignore your posts from now on.

Oh, I'm sure you can't. You will continue to tag posts as the one above totally factual and concerned about the health of anyone choosing such unhealthy lifestyles, as 'unfriendly'. The only sentence in which could be misunderstood as such:

That way it would work for you now, if you wouldn't be that intellectually lazy.

I say that because I learned much more about nutrition than anywhere (books, nutritionists, forum, etc) from calculating and analyzing my own foot-intake. And therefore warmly recommend it everyone really wanting to make lasting changes to their health. Nothing unfriendly about my intentions.

• dislike x 1

#22 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

Beside, that is only repeating what you yourself said in post #10:

The last 2 things, is I’m trying to change my mentality of food. Eat to live, not live to eat. The other reason is simplicity and laziness. Sure I could cook healthy meals with varieties, and I could watch my intake, but I can’t be assed with that. I like the ability to say okay, take my supplements, eat 5 bowls of cereal, 2 litres of milk, and 1 banana a day, to meet my macros & micros and feel great. Also preparing it and washing up takes around 30 seconds for each.

• dislike x 1

#23 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:46 PM

It’s your sheer arrogance that’s on display.

1. You tell me I will lack nutrients, and yet you can’t even prove this assertion. The milk nutritional data from your “proof” was missing, which when corrected, filled up most of those deficiencies you were asserting. So you can’t even prove to me which essential nutrients I would be lacking. Hell I still can’t get over the fact you said I would be lacking all my essential amino acids from 106g of protein from milk, unreal!

2. Then you move the goal post to non-essential nutrients, whereas I already stated I didn’t care about non-essential nutrients like flavonoids or phytonutrients. Post #17

3. You go on about Milk and antibiotics. Not even considering whether this might not apply to everyone. So I googled my brand of lactofree milk and antibiotics, oh and what a surprise, look what I found on their site:

Safe and fresh

FREE FROM ANTIBIOTICS AND HORMONES

Arla farmers do not give hormones to their cows to increase the amount of milk they produce. The cows do fine on their own, and when they’re well-fed and looked after, they will each produce 25-30 litres of high quality, nutritious milk each day.

I.e. Your arrogance on display.

4. Then you post about glyphosate and yes I’m well aware of this chemical. Yet there’s a simple solution to this you haven’t even mentioned. How about organic cornflakes? Surely if you know I’m considering going on this long term you would have suggested this, but you’re so against this diet and believe you’re always correct, that you wouldn’t even dare suggest such this solution as it wouldn’t fit your agenda.

4a. Hell when I asked whether cornflakes in the UK would be effected as I don’t know which crops are used to produce them, your reply was “Doesn't really matter. Glyphosate has been found in the urine of most Europeans.”. That’s not proof! That could be any number of food products that caused this. You didn’t reference anything or show me anything which specifically says UK Kelloggs Cornflakes and their crops are effected. And if there’s evidence or we can make the logical assumption they most likely are, then why not suggest organic cornflakes? hmm...

5. And you keep going on about lack of micronutrients on this diet, and yet continue to ignore my daily supplement regime. You say and I quote “Diet doesn't cover everything. But supplements certainly not either.”, yet you ignore my supplement regime completely when making your assertions of how nutritionally deficient I’ll be. Surely if there is any deficiency I will get from this diet, I can just supplement it away right? Yet you keep ignoring my supplement regime and focusing on the diet alone, and you can’t even prove which micronutrients I’d be deficient in with this diet anyway!

6. You go on about microbiotic health, which I’m well aware of actually, as using the right probiotics cured my jock itch (something diluted bleach applied externally only did temporarily). And since then I’ve been able to keep my gut bacteria healthy with my supplement regime.

6a. But let me ask you one thing. What about the bananas I eat on this diet? As you never bothered to ask, I like to eat my bananas green, and do you know why? Because the resistant starch is meant to act as a prebiotic for gut bacteria! You’re so concerned about my gut bacteria and yet never suggested this either.

7. My reference to laziness is right there in the quote you quote. Laziness to cook meals. Calling me intellectually lazy when you don’t even know what I know, or because my beliefs don’t align with yours is just insulting. I’ve been interested in nutrition for the last 15 years, done tons of experiements on myself, experimented with everything from A-Z, and even told you what I’ve cured in myself, all of which has been conveniently ignored by you. Yet I’m mean to take the advice of someone who didn’t think I would get all my essential amino acids from 106g of milk protein! Bog off.

Let's call this diary of yours 'on the way to self-destruction'.

Haha okay. I’m going to self destruct because I take supplements, and only eat cornflakes, milk, bananas, and raw egg yolks (future addition) as my default diet, and eat a variety diet only on special occasions like birthdays or restaurants or bbqs or whatever. 

Why don’t you learn what Vitamins are. Learn what ESSENTIAL micronutrients are! No one is going to self-destruct from covering their essential micronutrients. 

Flavanoids & phytonutrients may be nice additions for your health, but they are not essential for life and healthy bodily function. 

But telling me I’m on my way to self-destruction is hilarious and shows how arrogant you are.

WOW look at the mental energy I have today to write all this, and I’m only on my 3rd day of this self destructing diet, crazy.

Edited by manny, 25 March 2019 - 05:25 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#24 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:24 AM

So it seems like I’ll be switching to an organic brand sooner than anticipated.

This is my 3rd day of cornflakes diet, 2nd day of non smoking, and 1st day of 45m cardio exercise. I should not be getting insomnia or headaches.

In fact I never get headaches, and I know it isn’t from the lactofree milk as I’ve drunk that for years now without problems, same with eating bananas. And I shouldn’t be getting insomnia now I’m off smoking and exercised today and am truly knackered from last nights disturbed sleep. I thought it was my body adjusting to high carb, but now I believe it’s the fortified vitamins. 

So it’s 11:45pm and I start looking for organic cornflakes online. I can’t believe that I have to buy my main food off the internet for the rest of my life for stupidly high prices. Then I thought, let me look at Asda’s website, and low and behold an organic cornflake cereal without any fortified vitamins! I’m like I need to get some now, the store near me is 24 hours, but isn’t the biggest, and I’m afraid they won’t stock it. 

So I drive down there, it takes me 10 minutes, and thank God, they stock it in their store! And guess what? It’s only 2p more per 100g than the Kellogg’s brand! Basically the same cost!

I’ve never been so excited over cornflakes in my life!

Tomorrow starts a new day, headache and insomnia free!

I do wonder though whether the fortified vitamins is what gave me all this crazy energy that I attributed to the high carbs. Hopefully I will still get all this energy without the insomnia or headache side effects.

Exciting times!

#25 WiseN666

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like a nice way to get diabetes, lol. Should atleast drink Almond Milk and Oatmeal. 

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#26 WiseN666

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

Also, Pasteurized milk contains AGEs which build up plaque in the arteries. 

Edited by WiseN666, 12 April 2019 - 01:30 PM.

• Needs references x 2

#27 MidwestGreg

• 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:28 PM

It's always good to keep the principle reason in mind for the invention of corn flakes:

https://www.forbes.c...ed-corn-flakes/

"But Dr. John Harvey Kellogg , the inventor of corn flakes, did not care about profits. For him, cereal was not just a health food because it would improve Americans digestion. He believed a diet centered on bland foods like cereal would lead Americans away from sin. One very specific sin: masturbation."

• Informative x 1

#28 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

It's always good to keep the principle reason in mind for the invention of corn flakes:

https://www.forbes.c...ed-corn-flakes/

"But Dr. John Harvey Kellogg , the inventor of corn flakes, did not care about profits. For him, cereal was not just a health food because it would improve Americans digestion. He believed a diet centered on bland foods like cereal would lead Americans away from sin. One very specific sin: masturbation."

Haha I think I remember reading about this.

I still maintain that if you are able to cover all essential nutrients via supplementation, then you could just focus on your macros and still be perfectly healthy. This was the main point of this thread to begin with. But you would have to make sure you were covering all your essential nutrients via supplementation for this to work.

I still have nothing against milk and I'm lactose intolerant! I've never had lactose free milk (milk with the lactase enzyme added) cause any problems with myself. Also I've tried raw milk, and it is not suitable for lactose intolerant people whatever is written on the internet (or at least in my case). The other thing is hormones & antibiotics in milk don't apply to everyone in the world, my lactose-free milk is free of both (according to their website), and I'm in the UK.

So until someone shows me some evidence that hormone and antibiotic free pasteurized milk is actually bad for a person, then they I just think they've fallen into the milk propaganda that is spouted all over the internet.

As for cornflakes. Due to the potassium intake RDA, and the fact this is hard to get it through supplementation, unless you want to use those potassium chloride salt alternatives on your cornflakes, I think a better macro diet would be Potatoes & Milk with supplementation (if you wanted to go back to bare necessities and still be healthy).

Edited by TempBannedNotComingBack, 17 September 2019 - 09:58 AM.

#29 dlewis1453

• 151 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

I still maintain that if you are able to cover all essential nutrients via supplementation, then you could just focus on your macros and still be perfectly healthy. This was the main point of this thread to begin with. But you would have to make sure you were covering all your essential nutrients via supplementation for this to work.

Have you heard of the drink Soylent? It is supposed to be a 100% meal replacement with many different vitamins and minerals. Theoretically you should be able to survive exclusively on soylent, at least for a time. Some bloggers have done this for a month or more at a time successfully. 

You can buy soylent powder in bulk and mix it with water, maybe throw in some fiber as well. Personally this sort of lifestyle sounds horrible and I'm not convinced it will provide you with everything you need in the long term. However, Soylent can be great as a meal replacement every now and then, or for a boost before or after the gym. 

#30 Mr Serendipity

• Topic Starter
  • 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:55 PM

Everyone knows what that cultural reference is. The funny thing is if you trolls think milk is so evil and swallow up that propaganda so easily, you’ll be the first in line to swallow each other just to save the planet or extend your life. I think I’ll stick with milk.

Edited by TempBannedNotComingBack, 17 September 2019 - 06:58 PM.

• Unfriendly x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono diet, cornflakes, milk, cereal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users