Any alternative to L-theanine?

caffeine alternative l-theanine anxiety

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Grandmaster

• 217 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:03 AM

Hello

is there any good alternative for l-theanine for removing caffeine's side effects(irirritability, jitters but mostly anxiety)?

Many people recommend it but it makes me feel spaced out at any dosage. I used taurine for some time but it lost its effectiveness and while it indeed made caffeine stimulation smoother, some anxiety was still present. Magnolia brack extract nad GABA made me just tired so thats not an option too.

#2 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:11 AM

magnesium, doesn't necessarily have to be taken side-by-side with coffee, or at a special time of day.  just. take. more. magnesium.

and i know you said "any dose", but what also maters is the ratio to caffeine.  You generally want a little less theanine than caffeine, unless you are doing 200mg+ of caffeine in which case you want to cap around 100-150mg of theanine.  By buying Japanese shincha the calculating is done for you

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

magnesium, doesn't necessarily have to be taken side-by-side with coffee, or at a special time of day.  just. take. more. magnesium.

and i know you said "any dose", but what also maters is the ratio to caffeine.  You generally want a little less theanine than caffeine, unless you are doing 200mg+ of caffeine in which case you want to cap around 100-150mg of theanine.  By buying Japanese shincha the calculating is done for you

I dose magnesimum citrate daily also i always dosed less l-theanine than caffeine and effect was always bad. 

#4 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

Try way less. Try 50mg.  I also have no idea how much caffeine you are taking, if it is 3g and 2g of theanine is less than that no doubt you are having problems

#5 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:08 PM

I tried like 100mg caffeine 50mg theanine and effects always were bad. Im looking for alternative - thats why i started this topic. That means my experience with this substance was bad.

• Good Point x 1

#6 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

Try 125mg Emoxypine with caffeine

#7 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

Try 125mg Emoxypine with caffeine

Have you tried it? I made a research and its pretty hard to get where i live and expensive. 

#8 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

Have you tried it? I made a research and its pretty hard to get where i live and expensive.

I notice mild anti anxiety from it without lethargy. Try nootropicsdepot

http://nootropicsdep...125mg-capsules/

#9 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:55 PM

Grandmaster, I am guessing that you have tried different sources of caffeine, would it be wrong to ask what forms  Coffee, Guarana, Black tea or no doz styles which are anhydrous? The worst for me is Guarana. No doz style never gave me a caffeine energy burst.

I decided to try a different form of caffeine supplement from green coffee about a year ago. I do not recall any negative effects.

https://www.amazon.c...e+Capsules&th=1

#10 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:11 AM

As long as we're insisting not all sources of caffeine are equal...

I am really curious what I have to do to convince you of trying Japanese tea?  Must I privately beg for your address and send it myself :wacko:

For perhaps not all sources of theanine are equal as well :sleep:

#11 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Grandmaster, I am guessing that you have tried different sources of caffeine, would it be wrong to ask what forms  Coffee, Guarana, Black tea or no doz styles which are anhydrous? The worst for me is Guarana. No doz style never gave me a caffeine energy burst.

I decided to try a different form of caffeine supplement from green coffee about a year ago. I do not recall any negative effects.

https://www.amazon.c...e+Capsules&th=1

I have tried kola nuts, guarana powder, guarana extract, pure caffeine pills and the best effects i got from guarana pills and guarana powder stacked with mag. citrate + vit. C but this stack lost its effectiveness. So you recommend caffeine from green coffee? I gonna look into it.

As long as we're insisting not all sources of caffeine are equal...

I am really curious what I have to do to convince you of trying Japanese tea?  Must I privately beg for your address and send it myself :wacko:

For perhaps not all sources of theanine are equal as well :sleep:

I have bad experiences with teas: yerba makes me sleepy, green tea kinda anxious, same with red chinese tea. Problem is i would rather buy something that i can use instantly and have with me in pillbox(tablets, capsules, small amount of powder). I will try japanese tea if you recommend it so much but im not expecting great effect.

#12 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:44 AM

I have bad experiences with teas: yerba makes me sleepy, green tea kinda anxious, same with red chinese tea. Problem is i would rather buy something that i can use instantly and have with me in pillbox(tablets, capsules, small amount of powder). I will try japanese tea if you recommend it so much but im not expecting great effect.

Please try the sources in my private message.  If anything I'm curious how it will fail.  And no one will judge you for brewing tea at work, microwaves were invented for a reason.

but this stack lost its effectiveness.

hmm, I wonder how could this be?  Chasing something great leading to disappointment?  Tolerance is a mysterious force indeed, less is often more.

Edited by gamesguru, 29 October 2018 - 01:47 AM.

#13 Grandmaster

• Topic Starter
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Please try the sources in my private message.  If anything I'm curious how it will fail.  And no one will judge you for brewing tea at work, microwaves were invented for a reason.

hmm, I wonder how could this be?  Chasing something great leading to disappointment?  Tolerance is a mysterious force indeed, less is often more.

"The preparation of matcha starts several weeks before harvest and may last up to 20 days, when the tea bushes are covered to prevent direct sunlight.[5][better source needed] This slows down growth, stimulates an increase in chlorophyll levels, turns the leaves a darker shade of green, and causes the production of amino acids, in particular theanine."

Thank you for suggestions but everything that contains large amounts of theanine makes me sleepy and unmotivated thats why i dont drink green tea at all, yerba and dont take l-theanine in any amount.

Im looking for more suggestions.  Nootropicsdepot ran out of emoxypine and its hard to get so i dont think i gonna get it soon.

• Informative x 1

#14 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

"The preparation of matcha starts several weeks before harvest and may last up to 20 days, when the tea bushes are covered to prevent direct sunlight.[5][better source needed] This slows down growth, stimulates an increase in chlorophyll levels, turns the leaves a darker shade of green, and causes the production of amino acids, in particular theanine."

Thank you for suggestions but everything that contains large amounts of theanine makes me sleepy and unmotivated thats why i dont drink green tea at all, yerba and dont take l-theanine in any amount.

Im looking for more suggestions. Nootropicsdepot ran out of emoxypine and its hard to get so i dont think i gonna get it soon.

https://www.predator...apharm#start=10

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:08 AM

Thank you for suggestions but everything that contains large amounts of theanine makes me sleepy and unmotivated

That practice is not peculiar to matcha, but is peculiar to high grade tea.  You might not have tried this one tea.  This one special tea.  Call it God's tea.  You will feel clear and present, like you are the whole universe massaging itself and waiting for something more to come.

I can also recommend some cheaper stuff that has a 5:1 caffeine to theanine ratio, but that would be to dismiss the above experiment that not all theanine is created equally.

What do you think makes you so sleepy on theanine, and what is the closest (best) thing you have found?

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, alternative, l-theanine, anxiety

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users