Dessicated liver with Vitamins

liver bcomplex vitamins

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 castillo

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:34 PM

I am so depleted in nutrients but worry the desiccated liver is not enough. I take 4 capsules of Perfect brand and I believe a weeks worth is equivalent to a small portion of liver. Is that enough? Should I be taking a bcomplex or multivitamin with it? Or at least b6, zinc, magnesium, b12, vitamin D or A.

Edited by castillo, 28 October 2018 - 09:35 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

I am so depleted in nutrients but worry the desiccated liver is not enough. I take 4 capsules of Perfect brand and I believe a weeks worth is equivalent to a small portion of liver. Is that enough? Should I be taking a bcomplex or multivitamin with it? Or at least b6, zinc, magnesium, b12, vitamin D or A.

Your best bet is to just get a full blood panel for vitamins and minerals so you don’t have to guess on what you need.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

Hi John250, I already had a full panel done and those came back low. My only concern is I won’t make a dent in my levels using dessicated liver only. So just asking for personal experiences of taking it with vitamins.

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:06 AM

Hi John250, I already had a full panel done and those came back low. My only concern is I won’t make a dent in my levels using dessicated liver only. So just asking for personal experiences of taking it with vitamins.

I would personally Supplement with each of them individually then. Maybe start with 5000 IU vitamin D, 90mcg K2, 400iu Vitamin E(tocopherols mixed) and Jarrows CarotenAll(has 2000iu Vitamin A in it) taken with a meal containing fat. Optizinc, magtein, Vitamin C and a good B-complex and you should be set.

#5 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

I personally been low in most nutrients too, but additionally had chronic conditions which made it very difficult to replete even with high dose supplementation. Desiccated liver definitely couldn't have done it. The way to replete is to start supplementing low doses, gradually increasing and retesting at intervals (like each half a year in the beginning). And adjusting doses accordingly.

I would personally Supplement with each of them individually then. Maybe start with 5000 IU vitamin D, 90mcg K2, 400iu Vitamin E(tocopherols mixed) and Jarrows CarotenAll(has 2000iu Vitamin A in it) taken with a meal containing fat. Optizinc, magtein, Vitamin C and a good B-complex and you should be set.

CarotenAll has Beta-carotene only, which has the problem that in up to half of the population isn't properly converted into preformed vitamin A. Therefore would definitely include a preformed vitamin A product (http://knowledgeofhe...looked-vitamin/). Taking 400 iu vitamin E will deplete Gamma-tocopherols, therefore choose a 'Mixed' tocopherol product which specifies how many Milligrams of Gamma-tocopherols it contains. In products which don't specify the label 'mixed tocopherols' is only a marketing gag, and the actual gamma-tocopherol content too low even worth mentioning. Definitely supplement a form of magnesium you tolerate, zinc, B-vitamins etc. or at least a good dosed multi.

In my experience had a terrible Mg deficiency, against which I took up to 2.5 g/d of elemental oral magnesium. Only Mg-sulfate IVs finally overcame that deficiency and very painful muscle cramps. Found over the course of 10 years that I needed at least 200 mg/d of vitamin B6 to get dream-recall back. 20.000 IU/d of preformed vitamin A to have infrequent psoriasis outbreaks cease. And am at 70 mg/d of zinc, and blood zinc is still bottom low. To mention a few examples how individual needs can turn out.

Personally would start with what I outlined in this post, and go from there.

Edited by pamojja, 31 October 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#6 castillo

• Topic Starter
  • 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

Thank you for this! I assume you have tried dessicated liver for your ailments?

I was severely anemic to begin with. The liver is definitely helping me generate some blood flow/heat back to my body since I lost an incredible amount of blood months ago. (Excessive bleeding and one-time poisonous birth control pill use is why I’m in this recent mess) But this doesn't necessarily mean it’s raising my levels significantly. Only time will tell.

Do you get a full blood panel by a regular GP? I had a special test done that was sent to some lab in the US and cost a pretty penny. I won’t be able to repeat that test unless i’m willing to pay up. Basic blood tests by my GP are covered here but not sure how accurate they are. I will check out your other post for more information.

My worry about taking Dessicated liver along with a multi is the vitamin A or B6 content. Is it possible to get too much if I take them together?

So you recommend using a multivitamin and adding in additional supplements such as B complex for extremely low levels? Wouldn’t that cause an excess of B vitamins?

Edited by castillo, 31 October 2018 - 12:04 PM.

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

Thank you for this! I assume you have tried dessicated liver for your ailments?

With the diagnosis of a mercilessly progressing and by conventional medicine non-reversible disease, I right away used orthomolecular medicine (high dose vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbs) and didn't even bothered with something where one can't know how much of each of these agents could be got from 1-2 g of desiccated liver. I did however use for example canned cod liver, which contains about 60.000 IUs of retinol per 100 g.

Do you get a full blood panel by a regular GP? I had a special test done that was sent to some lab in the US and cost a pretty penny. I won’t be able to repeat that test unless i’m willing to pay up. Basic blood tests by my GP are covered here but not sure how accurate they are. I will check out your other post for more information.

My GP only tests for the most rudimentary (B9, B12, electrolytes, 25(OH)D, ferritin and other iron panel markers, zinc and copper..), other things I tested out of my pocket, selectively with no single test more expensive than about 30 bucks (retinol and retinol binding protein, CoQ10, oxLDL, selenium dependent Glutathion peroxidase, vitamin K, Holo-Transcobalamin..). Also yearly HTMAs which with the amount of minerals and toxic metal tested turn out sufficiently inexpensive.

Each kind of test has its strengths and errors. For example B vitamins in serum are only accurate if they show deficiency, with higher than normal values one still doesn't know they get properly metabolized, and therefore are useless.

My worry about taking Dessicated liver along with a multi is the vitamin A or B6 content. Is it possible to get too much if I take them together?

So you recommend using a multivitamin and adding in additional supplements such as B complex for extremely low levels? Wouldn’t that cause an excess of B vitamins?

It is highly individual what would amount to too much. The daily 25.000 IU vitamin A I finally arrived might be already much too much for an other. Therefore always advisable to start with low doses, and increase gradually over weeks, months and years. While testing especially potentially toxic fat-solubles like vitamin D3 and A.

2 g of desiccated liver would amount to maybe about 10 g of wet liver? Though it sums up taken daily, I really don't think it amounts to the same as offal taken weekly in much much larger fresh amounts. It's the same as with 'mixed tocopherol' supplements, if it contained amounts of nutrients worth mentioning, the manufacturer would proudly present them in the 'supplement facts'.

Concerning excess of B vitamins, that's again why its always advisable to start low doses and increase gradually. Usually too much water-soluble B-vitamins are just peed out, which becomes visible for example by yellow urine from riboflavin, or are even felt that too much has been taken.

#8 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

I personally been low in most nutrients too, but additionally had chronic conditions which made it very difficult to replete even with high dose supplementation. Desiccated liver definitely couldn't have done it. The way to replete is to start supplementing low doses, gradually increasing and retesting at intervals (like each half a year in the beginning). And adjusting doses accordingly.

CarotenAll has Beta-carotene only, which has the problem that in up to half of the population isn't properly converted into preformed vitamin A. Therefore would definitely include a preformed vitamin A product (http://knowledgeofhe...looked-vitamin/). Taking 400 iu vitamin E will deplete Gamma-tocopherols, therefore choose a 'Mixed' tocopherol product which specifies how many Milligrams of Gamma-tocopherols it contains. In products which don't specify the label 'mixed tocopherols' is only a marketing gag, and the actual gamma-tocopherol content too low even worth mentioning. Definitely supplement a form of magnesium you tolerate, zinc, B-vitamins etc. or at least a good dosed multi.

In my experience had a terrible Mg deficiency, against which I took up to 2.5 g/d of elemental oral magnesium. Only Mg-sulfate IVs finally overcame that deficiency and very painful muscle cramps. Found over the course of 10 years that I needed at least 200 mg/d of vitamin B6 to get dream-recall back. 20.000 IU/d of preformed vitamin A to have infrequent psoriasis outbreaks cease. And am at 70 mg/d of zinc, and blood zinc is still bottom low. To mention a few examples how individual needs can turn out.

Personally would start with what I outlined in this post, and go from there.

Interesting I did not know that about beta carotene. For vitamin E this is what I use is this good?

https://apple-wellne...-sgel-Label.png

#9 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

For vitamin E this is what I use is this good?

https://apple-wellne...-sgel-Label.png

This Solgar product doesn't specify how much of the other vitamin E isomers are contained. If it had more than 1-2 mg they would proudly present it in the supplement facts. I wouldn't even bother to contact them about it, but right away use one which does gives amounts of each. For example this:

https://www.iherb.co...0-Softgels/8294

iherb has many more who specify their other tocopherols, as well as those which hide it. Always check the supplement facts.

Since tocopherols are fat-soluble they don't have to be taken ever day.

#10 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

This Solgar product doesn't specify how much of the other vitamin E isomers are contained. If it had more than 1-2 mg they would proudly present it in the supplement facts. I wouldn't even bother to contact them about it, but right away use one which does gives amounts of each. For example this:

https://www.iherb.co...0-Softgels/8294

iherb has many more who specify their other tocopherols, as well as those which hide it. Always check the supplement facts.

Since tocopherols are fat-soluble they don't have to be taken ever day.

Thanks. Is the Unique-E iherb the one you recommend Or is another one better?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

Thanks. Is the Unique-E iherb the one you recommend Or is another one better?

Not necessarily. Really any which specifies its gamma-tocopherol content, and with the amount one likes to supplement, would do. Too many things are still unknown. For example the usual SAD provides more gamma-tocopherols than alpha, because of its high content in soybean oil (from processed foods). While when I calculated my diet other tocopherols amounted to 2/3 of alpha. And that's about the ratio I try to supplement too. We only know high alpha-tocopherol supplementation (>200 IU) does deplete gamma-tocopherols. But I haven't come across any study which shows how much of gammas would balance that out again. So till now that's nothing more than anyone's guess.

With 268 mg of alpha-tocopherol (=400 IU) and 432 mg of gamma-, delta- and beta-tocopherols Unique-E is as far as I know one of the higher dose products. Before used Jarrows Gamma-E, but that has recently been discontinued. And still earlier LEF's, which is more expensive. Don't have more experience than with those.

Didn't get around testing alpha and gammas in my blood yet, but want to do one day for certainty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: liver, bcomplex, vitamins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users