Peripheral Neuropathy?

nerve health periphery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

let's start a thread on this.

I read pigmented beans and blueberries are good but I don't know.  And I went to the gym today and I did some squats and deadlifts and my ankles actually feel good for once.

#2 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:33 PM

let's start a thread on this.

I read pigmented beans and blueberries are good but I don't know. And I went to the gym today and I did some squats and deadlifts and my ankles actually feel good for once.

Umm separate things entirely?

If it's some kind of tissue injury one guess would be it's piriformis syndrome (neuropathy is in the back and legs). Deadlifting will help with that (particularly a stiff-leg deadlift without touchdown/reset). As will various stretching regimes. Squatting not so much (though it won't hurt).

If it's diet/nutrients/vitamins for me it's usually NMDA related and it could either be antagonism or agonism so try magnesium /calcium (intriguingly Mg makes my back pain worse, calcium removes it).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

have you been diagnosed? Peripheral Neuropathy is a bit broad...

In any case, you can do that exercise for the sciatic nerve:

(more intense).

also you can try to work yourself into this pose (breathing with 5 seconds pause after inhalation AND exhalation)

https://youtu.be/CYIBK8f9LpY?t=1282

STOP THE EXERCISE IF IT'S WORSENING YOUR SYMPTOMS!

Edited by shp5, 10 December 2018 - 09:43 PM.

#4 gamesguru

• Topic Starter
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:43 AM

The ankle pain may be due to a hairline fracture and sprain I suffered a while back.  It's gotten a lot better after a few possibly unrelated changes.. no ginger but turmeric, no eating out but cheap meals at home, and yes more regular workouts.

What could cause an occasional, brief, inexplicable itching sensation on the bottom of the foot?  Sitting for extended periods?  This is a regular but not terribly often or long-lived experience.

I have not been diagnosed but my grandma has it in her feet quite bad, could probably break a toe and not know it, and is regrettably treated with cortisone shots.  In addition to these symptoms I sometimes get temporary tingling along my forearms, wrists and hands after vigorous dancing or extended fasting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

The ankle pain may be due to a hairline fracture and sprain I suffered a while back. It's gotten a lot better after a few possibly unrelated changes.. no ginger but turmeric, no eating out but cheap meals at home, and yes more regular workouts.

What could cause an occasional, brief, inexplicable itching sensation on the bottom of the foot? Sitting for extended periods? This is a regular but not terribly often or long-lived experience.

I have not been diagnosed but my grandma has it in her feet quite bad, could probably break a toe and not know it, and is regrettably treated with cortisone shots. In addition to these symptoms I sometimes get temporary tingling along my forearms, wrists and hands after vigorous dancing or extended fasting.

Peripheral tingling really makes me think it's a back thing- especially if the deadlifts are helping. Hence those kinds of exercises (pulls) high reps, low weight plus good stretching should help. Foot tingling could be some kind of plantar fasciitis, I have flat feet and get this often. Once again stretching is probably the way to go here.

If it's some kind of pathology you'd know better than I, mild NMDA antagonism is probably the way to go. You did mention fasting so maybe it's an electrolyte imbalance of some sort?
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerve, health, periphery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users