- - - - -

Calcium and the brain

vitamin d calcium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:45 AM

Anyone know how/whether calcium aids in cognition? I would note piracetam aids Ca flow and so does Vitamin D. In my case, megadosing D has pro cognitive effects but then I have to fight the hypercalcemia.

Wondering if light calcium supplementation might be a route to take. Worth noting my 23andme shows seriously impaired VDR so I may actually require calcium supplements to compensate.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:06 PM

Calcium is a relaxing supplement. Eggshell calcium powder is actually pretty potent, oyster shell calcium is a decent second choice. IMO citrate and non organic source calcium dont work so well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 experimenting

• Topic Starter
  • 639 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

Calcium is a relaxing supplement. Eggshell calcium powder is actually pretty potent, oyster shell calcium is a decent second choice. IMO citrate and non organic source calcium dont work so well.

What do you think of a calcium/d3 combo?

#4 baccheion

• 154 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:57 PM

Vitamin K2 (10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4) and magnesium don't counter hypercalcemia? Forskolin is said to increase VDR sensitivity (and the effects of vitamin D).

Edited by baccheion, 12 November 2018 - 11:57 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

What do you think of a calcium/d3 combo?

Pretty decent, D3 helps with suppressing PTH, along with K2.

To clarify the original question, dietary calcium is relaxing but hypercalcemia will stress and kill cells. You may want to get some calcium blood tests.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin d, calcium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users