- - - - -

David Sinclair recently upped his dose to 1,500mg

reveratrol sinclair dose

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Pollyanna

• 138 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:26 PM

On Peter Attia's excellent recent podcast with David Sinclair https://peterattiamd.../davidsinclair/ , Sinclair stated that he recently increased his resveratrol intake from 1 gram to 1.5 grams. He said that he had done this after receiving advice from another scientist "who shall remain nameless".

He also said that although he doesn't expect it to really increase his lifespan, he thought it would definitely be useful from a cardiovascular perspective.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

I just listened to the episode while running on the treadmill.  He recently upped his metformin to 1.5 grams / day.  He continues to take about 1 gram/day of resveratrol, which he acknowledges may or may not be doing anything but thinks its likely doing no harm (in the case of doing nothing).  His NMN dosage is 750 mg per day.

see the notes

https://peterattiamd.../davidsinclair/

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Chris Pollyanna

• Topic Starter
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:51 PM

Oh my goodness, you're absolutely correct @tunt01, it's Metformin, not Resveratrol. Really sorry about that, I hate to provide incorrect information  :sad:

However, I do stand by my assertion that it is an excellent podcast & well worth a listen!

• Agree x 2

#4 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

To me, a telling thing from this his talking on this podcast is that he doesn't appear to know more about how to slow the aging process than anyone else. Despite his prestige and pedigree and money and devotion, he's aging right on schedule like anyone else.

I mean, Sinclair and his colleagues have spent their entire careers on this subject of age-reversal. He says he is upping his personal metformin experimental dosing (perhaps because some insider personal friend like Nir Barzilai told him it's ok).

He says he has "buckets" of resveratrol in his "basement" and that he knows the outcome of "doing nothing" with regard to aging: the body declines until it dies. He's been saying for nearly a decade that "We have coumponds that are a thousand times more effective than resveratrol" yet where are they? He's coming out with a book next year.
  • Agree x 3
  • like x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#5 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:26 AM

How does he deal with the joint pain, dry skin, and low estrogen? i suffer from this from even 400mg resveratrol/day, anyone can help? 

• Disagree x 1

#6 Oakman

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

How does he deal with the joint pain, dry skin, and low estrogen? i suffer from this from even 400mg resveratrol/day, anyone can help? 

You might give him a shoutout on twitter and ask, that is, if he has those things going on. Recently I've been on 1000 mg 100% trans-R, now down to 500 mg, but although dry skin and joints are a problem, R never has seemed to have any effect one way or the other. The only things that seem to help for myself is... Biotin ( a lot) for skin, and Allicin (All-Gar garlic) and MSM, i.e., sulphur compounds, for joints. Sorry, but can't help with low E.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Oakman

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

To me, a telling thing from this his talking on this podcast is that he doesn't appear to know more about how to slow the aging process than anyone else. Despite his prestige and pedigree and money and devotion, he's aging right on schedule like anyone else.

I mean, Sinclair and his colleagues have spent their entire careers on this subject of age-reversal. He says he is upping his personal metformin experimental dosing (perhaps because some insider personal friend like Nir Barzilai told him it's ok).

He says he has "buckets" of resveratrol in his "basement" and that he knows the outcome of "doing nothing" with regard to aging: the body declines until it dies. He's been saying for nearly a decade that "We have coumponds that are a thousand times more effective than resveratrol" yet where are they? He's coming out with a book next year.

Here's his anti aging 'secret' lol

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reveratrol, sinclair, dose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users