Question Regarding Antioxidant Potency In Herb Form Vs Tincture Form

herb antioxidants

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 YoungFresh

• Registrant
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

Hello, so lately I`ve been searching to make a good list for my daily antioxidant intake.

So far I see that oregano and cloves scored top over other herbs in term of antioxidant amount.

I was wondering.. if I want to take oregano, how should I take it ? dried ? just leaves ? because I know that tinctures can make something more potent, but at the same time it's been said that alcohol destroys antioxidants, so I am a bit confused.

Would you suggest on goin to pick oregano tincture or oregano simple and just.. chew or eat the leaves ? or powder ?

What is the best form to take an antioxidant herb ?

Thank you

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

Would you suggest on goin to pick oregano tincture or oregano simple and just.. chew or eat the leaves ? or powder ?

What is the best form to take an antioxidant herb ?

No experience with tinctures. But as fresh as possible in most cases has them the most potent. Powdered herbs do loose some of their potency after half a year, which is a bid a problem since one never know how long they already been on a shelf, or with bulk supplies. Therefore I mill herbs in a coffee grinder every few weeks. Pills can maintain potency the longest, with capsules as second best.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: herb, antioxidants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users