• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

where can I buy single needle derma pens?

wrinkles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

owndoc has them but they are faulty, by their own admission and I don't want to purchase them.

Derma stamps and derma rollers by design will not allow the needle to get into the wrinkle where it needs to be.

Besides this, does anyone know a technique to remove the other needles from a derma stamp?  Like just so there is one row of tacks left.

Alternately, you can use a straight pin, you cannot control insertion with this so I don't want to use that.

Can you tell me where to buy them?

#2 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:10 PM

Why is it important to use only one row? 

Maybe you can cut the other needles using a wire cutter like these:

https://www.walmart....PRD2O550PUMGAF5

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 amorfati

• Registrant
  • 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

I have the Dr. Pen Ultima M5 (I believe it's called -- it's the gold one), and it's easy to find the needle cartridges designed for it on eBay with all different variations on # of needles. From what I understand, though, single needles are typically used for things like [semi-]permanent makeup tattooing/microblading (not totally sure; not my intended use, but that's what seems to be suggested here). Still, for wrinkles, I think something like a 12-pin or even 36-pin over the given area would be ideal. (Depth of penetration and method of use is a whole other matter.) 

#4 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:39 AM

Why is it important to use only one row?

A single need will get into the wrinkle. Bunches of needles will go everywhere except the wrinkle.

Edited by ironfistx, 04 December 2018 - 12:41 AM.

#5 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:42 AM

I drafted this here: https://www.longecit...amp-experiment/

Be nice with my MS Paint. Here is a cross section of a wrinkle.

3bf5PSv.jpg

So you drag the skin up ahead of when you do a session so make things easier to press.

eQzkAGZ.jpg

The derma stamp is coming:

zaOokCE.jpg

The needles poke the skin:

3axMhyc.jpg

Because the wrinkle is deep, the needles don't fit down into the bottom of it and it never gets treated:

hNtBSu4.jpg

The skin grows everywhere the spikes went in, so it thickens all over above the wrinkle, but the wrinkle itself doesn't get any new skin, which makes the wrinkle look bigger.

7ft4FR6.jpg

I figure that single needling might be the way to go, and stabbing only the wrinkle.

Afz7P5J.jpg

But I'm not sure. Think about it, though, and the edge of the derma stamp prevents it from going into the crease in your skin.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wrinkles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users