labrat70 annual experiemental results

telomere c60 nmn mydnage teloyears alcat

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 labrat70

• 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the site for a couple of years but decided to start my own thread to track my annual test results.  In general my plan is:

1.  I have a normal stack of supplements.

2.  Each year I try one new exotic supplement

3.  Every January, I re-take a standard set of tests (currently teloyears and mydnage).

Overall background:

48yo caucasian male, non-smoker, I rarely get sick, I get extensive blood work done every 6 months.  I generally try to follow a low carb, low sugar, low grain type diet with 17/7 intermittent fasting but still eat a lot of junk/restaurant food.

Generally in good health except for:

1. overweight (5'11" 195 lbs) but working on it

2. small dose medication for high blood pressure

3. Undergoing surgery for periodontal disease in Jan. 2019.

My normal daily supplement stack looks like the following and varies slightly.  You can assume I'm taking it unless specified otherwise during any experimental period:

Jarrow D3 5000 IU

Life Extension Magnesium 500 mg

Life Extension Super K + K2 Complex 2x or 4x capsules

C: 0-2000 mg, any brand, could be liposomal or not

Iodoral 1/2 tablet every 10 days (it was every other day but measured way high on blood work)

Jarrow Krill Oil 600mg

Jarrow CarotenAll 1 capsule

Natural Factors SelenoExcell Selenium Yeast 200mcg

Jarrow Methyl B12 5000mcg

From time to time I may also mix in Kyloic garlic, BioPQQ, or Berberine.

I also have taken the ALCAT food sensitivity test so I know my food kryptonite.  I had several items in the severe category including tomatoes (yikes! Hard to avoid!) and tumeric (so I don't have that as a supplement).

I have data going back to 2017 so I will be adding that soon.

Edited by labrat70, 01 January 2019 - 07:36 PM.

• Agree x 1

#2 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:04 PM

Backfilling the 2017-2018 data...

January 2017 baseline:

Teloyears: 1.02x expected length, est. age 34

mydnage: not tested

2017 experiment:  use astragalous-based telomere supplement to try to lengthen telomeres

See details in this thread:

Confusing Telomere Result

January 2018 re-test:

Teloyears: 1.25x expected length, estimated age 20

mydnage: estimated age 44

Conclusion: It seems to have worked, despite my controversial choice of supplement.  Teloyears reported a decrease age of 14 years.  Whether that's real or helpful is unknown.  I'm curious to see how it will measure next time, if the changes stick or if they revert to the old level.

Comments: One of the reasons I started with telomeres is that it's something that can be measured (although problematically).  I wish we had measurements for things like stem cell pool size/activity, and senescent cell quantity.

Next up will be results from 2018-2019 sometime in late January.

• Informative x 5

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

Early 2019 update:

Teloyears: 1.06x expected length, est. age 25

myDNAge: est. age: 46

Calcium score: 0

2018 Experiment:  Tried C60oo from carbon60oliveoil.com.  Tried starting a 1ml/day 6 days/week, and increased to 5 ml/day for about 8 months.  I was hoping for some improvement in hair, skin, nails, or subjective observation.  Unfortunately, there was no effect that I noticed.  I never took more than 5ml/day.  Reporting negative results is frustrating, but it's important if we're going to be honest experimenters.

Conclusion #1:  C60oo was ineffective for me.  Whether that's too low a dose, or just didn't work, I don't know.

Conclusion #2:  Some of the telomere lengthening seemed to persist.  I didn't take any telomere supplments in 2018.

In 2019 I'm thinking of trying NMN with ABN's booster supplement.

• Informative x 1

#4 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 05:05 PM

Jan 2020 Update
Teloyears: 0.95x expected length, est. age 50
myDNAge: est. age: 46

2019 Experiment:  Tried ABN sublingual NMN, 500mg/day, 4 days on/3 days off, for the year.
Results:  I didn't feel any different, but it seemed like it re-grew a few hairs along my receding hairline.  The surprising thing is that it took 8 months to see any effect.  See more details in my post in the NMN experience thread.

I didn't do anything with telomeres this year, but they really fell off a cliff.  This would have bothered me before, but after reading some of the more recent discussions on here as well as Mittendorf's site, I now think that the Horvath/methylation measure is the measure to use going forward.  To me the definitive test of an age measurement, is that if you do some intervention that rewinds your age, then stop the intervention, I would expect to see it age forward 1 year per year.  I don't plan to do any more telomere interventions, but I will continue to measure them once a year to see if there's any positive or negative correlation to other things I'm doing.

#5 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 09:12 PM

Jan 2021 Update

Teloyears: Sample lost?

mydnage: 47 (85th percentile, -3.5 years from chronological age)

I didn't do anything special this year, just continued with the NMN although at a somewhat lower dose, because I simply kept forgetting to take it.

#6 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 09:23 PM

August 2021 Update

Teloyears: not tested

mydnage: 47 (83rd percentile, -4.0 years from chronological age)

I tried the renewing stem cells protocol from Turnbuckle's post 1447 with the following modifications:

I used Zaturals mango butter instead of the stearic flakes.  13-16g mango butter should yield 5+ grams stearic.

I melted the mango butter in hot water, the taste is mild, just kinda of waxy water.  Funny story, I was recently

at an Asian restaurant and ordered the hot tea and it tasted exactly like that.

I used the low end of the supplement dosages, as low as 1/2 of what was suggested.

For the senolytic step I either skipped it or used a lowered dose (1/2 ish)

C60 was from carbon60oliveoil.com

This year I also lost 15+ pounds, I am now at a healthy 168 and doing yoga 4-5 times per week.  This is the best shape

I've been in in 25 years.

I did 10 rounds of the protocol, 2 weeks apart.  My results were 'meh.'  My age didn't revert, although the delta against chronological age improved by 6 months, over a 6 month period, so I guess I just stayed in place, lol.

Next time I try I will use the full supplement dosages, and/or revisit the thread for changes to the protocol.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#7 labrat70

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 11:24 PM

January 2023 update

mydnage: 46 (93 percentile, -6.0 from chronological)

This is the first time it's actually gone down.  (I forgot to post Jan 2022 results, which was 47.5)

What's different this time is I did 12 rounds of Turnbuckle's protocol as listed in post 1711 and modified by the "what's the minimum ingredients" post in post 1781.  In previous years I tried to get the stearic acid from mango butter, and that didn't work for me.

I hope to do about 36 rounds of the protocol in 2023.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telomere, c60, nmn, mydnage, teloyears, alcat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users