• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do you have autoimmunity/adhd/asd and respond to piracetam, this is a must read.

tsh prl immune system hypothalmus pituairy sam-e piracetam adenosine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

Piracetam and TRH analogues antagonise inhibition by barbiturates, diazepam, melatonin and galanin of human erythrocyte d-glucose transport

Now TRH stimulates prolactin and tsh and seasonal variation in receptor binding in both TSH and PRL has been associated with for example shifts between reproduction and feeding (complex but also happens through kisspeptin and neurpeptide y).
When you have digested that, carry on:

TRH:
"TRH has been used clinically for the treatment of spinocerebellar degeneration and disturbance of consciousness in humans.[1] Its pharmaceutical form is called protirelin (INN) (/proʊˈtaɪrɪlɪn/)."

Serum S-adenosylmethionine, but not methionine, increases in response to overfeeding in humans.
"Overfeeding did not alter serum concentrations of the SAM precursor, methionine or the products, S-adenosyl-homocysteine and homocysteine. The SAM/SAH (S-adenosylhomocysteine) ratio was unchanged in the total population, but increased in high-weight gainers (+52%, P=0.006, Pinteraction =0.005). Change in SAM correlated positively with change in weight (r=0.33, P=0.041) and fat mass (r=0.44, P=0.009), but not with change in protein intake or plasma methionine, glucose, insulin or low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol.
CONCLUSION:
Overfeeding raised serum SAM in proportion to the fat mass gained. The increase in SAM may help stabilize methionine levels, and denotes a responsiveness of SAM to nutrient state in humans. The role of SAM in human energy metabolism deserves further attention."

Neuroendocrine effects of S-adenosyl-L-methionine, a novel putative antidepressant.
"S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe), a putative antidepressant, is a naturally occurring substance whose mechanism of action is still a matter of speculation. It has been recently postulated that SAMe may increase the dopaminergic tone in depressed patients. Since dopamine inhibits both thyrotropin (TSH) and prolactin secretion, we investigated the effects of treatment with SAMe on the TSH and prolactin response to thyrotropin-releasing-hormone (TRH) stimulation in 7 depressed outpatient women (mean age: 46.1 +/- 7.2 years) and 10 depressed outpatient men (mean age: 38.0 +/- 10.0 years) participating in a six-week open study of oral SAMe in the treatment of major depression. At the end of the study, there was a significant reduction after treatment with SAMe in the response of both prolactin and TSH to TRH stimulation in the group of depressed men compared to pre-treatment values. On the other hand, in the group of depressed women, the posttreatment prolactin response to TRH did not appear to change when compared to pre-treatment and the TSH response to TRH challenge tended even to augment slightly after treatment with SAMe. Our results, at least in depressed men, seem to support the hypothesis of a stimulating effect of SAMe on the dopaminergic system. "

The effect of S-adenosyl methionine on the TSH receptor function in human thyroid tissue: increase in binding of TSH and decrease in adenylate cyclase coupling.
" 125I-TSH binding to the pretreated membrane and adenylate cyclase activity of the membrane were examined. In contrast to the reported effect of AdoMet on the decrease in GH binding to lactogenic receptor, AdoMet 0.5 mumoles/ml significantly increased the binding of TSH to the receptor by increasing the affinity of the binding, whereas it decreased the coupling of adenylate cyclase significantly. The effect of AdoMet was partially counteracted by the pretreatment of the membrane with AdoHcy. This effect of AdoMet is very similar to that of diamide previously reported. The result implies that the effect is due to an alteration in the tertiary structure of receptor protein triggered by methylation. "

S-adenosyl-L-methionine restores prolactin receptors in the aged rabbit brain.
The number of prolactin (PRL) receptors in the hypothalamus and substantia nigra of aged rabbits is significantly lower than the number measured in young animals. The treatment of aged rabbits for 30 days with S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM) restored the number of PRL binding sites to levels found in the hypothalamus and substantia nigra from young animals. We did not observe a clear-cut difference between the dissociation constants of untreated young, and untreated or SAM-treated aged rabbits, whereas the binding capacity varied. Moreover, in vitro addition of SAM to hypothalamic membranes from aged rabbits resulted in a significant increase in the number of binding sites. This in vitro effect was antagonized by S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine, a specific in vitro inhibitor of methyltransferase activity. The reduction in the number of PRL receptors is assumed to be related to the decrease in membrane fluidity induced by aging, while its increase after SAM treatment might be ascribed to the ability of this methyl donor to increase the fluidity of cell membranes by stimulating phospholipid synthesis. 

I STRONGLY SUSPECT that both ADHD and ASD can be helped by modulating methylation, especially when theres an autoimmune background such as elevated TSH and gut problems.

Get on SAM-E, even just 200mg might change your life within 3hours after taking your first pill.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

Are you saying that people with ASD are always over-methylators? I mean, google says SAM-E is to be used when over-methylating, but would make things many times worse for under-methylators.

Even before my autism diagnose I've considered methylation-issues to be my problem. But I've never been able to identify if I'm over or under, because I have about 50% of the symptoms of both. When I got my autism diagnose I thought "Bingo, that's my problem!" and forgot about methylation, not taking into account that they could be related.

I want to know for sure, because if I my anxiety gets even higher by applying trial & error with SAM-E, then I don't know what I'll do.

Btw, just today I started a thread asking exactly for such kind of advice: https://www.longecit...otivation-asap/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Ok quick update on this, I did SAM-E for 2 days at 400mg every morning, which was absolutely amazing, BUT! I got weird inflammation in my urinary tract which I have had in the past but went away. I friggin freaked out and stopped the SAM-E now for 3-4 day after the last 400mg dose of SAM-E took I felt profoundly DIFFERENT unlike any drug or whatsoever, I felt my mind and soul going inwards, I know it sound fking weird and it is... its hard to describe.

I have the Akt gene which is associated with shizophrenia and cannabis withdrawal, now methionine metabolism itself can also affect kynurenic acid, I was fking tripping balls when sleeping and waking up, heart pounding, fking freaking out.

I should mention I also felt very fatigued, so I took 200mg ornithine + a cup of coffee for 2 days around 5 days after last SAM-E pills and this aggrevated the hallucogenic state. I was getting bizzare and very scary nightmares, pounding heart, asking myself is life worth living, will I ever be the same again.

Im not exactly sure what happened but holy shit am I shitting my pants, it has finally calmed down.

At some points it felt like my mind was sent into the cosmos and I start asking what is god? where is god? I swear I was fking tripping like a mad man on this (in a very bad way, imagine the worst bad trip ever together with profound inflammation).

Now methionine (and its metabolism is not so save), btw I got the same weird panic attack and dissociative like states on ZMA (zinc mono-METHIONINE), no other forms of zinc ever give this to me btw.

Btw methionine is not that save as it seems, people have even died from it, look here:

Adverse event associated with methionine loading test: a case report.

"The death of a control subject after an oral load of methionine for a study of the possible relationship between homocysteine and Alzheimer's disease is reported. The subject developed postload plasma concentrations of methionine far beyond those reported previously in humans given the usual oral loading dose of methionine (100 mg/kg body wt). Her preload plasma metabolite values rule out known genetic diseases that might predispose one to unusually high methionine concentrations. The most likely explanation for these events is that the subject received a substantial overdose of methionine. The possibility that extremely high methionine concentrations may lead to severe cerebral effects is discussed, and it is recommended that any move to increase the sensitivity of the usual methionine loading test by increasing the dose of methionine either not be undertaken or be taken only with extreme care."

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#4 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

Read this, thats just crazy! an almost endless amount of people reporting nightmares, panic attacks, mania and all that on sam-e.

http://www.depressio...es/000027.shtml

What I found stunning and I also noticed this is that upon drug washout, starting from the 2nd day after I took my last 400mg (keep in mind I only 400mg on day 1, day 2 I took 400mg then stopped it) I had this feeling at first of my mind being dumb so to speak and this is where the thoughts internalizing first happened, now SAM-E also metabolizes choline and I was cravings eggs and serotonin rich foods (such as bananas, kiwis and sugar food the day after sam-e), could it be that SAM-E depletes choline, thereby inducing a delerium like state.

God I loved the very first day on SAM-E, it was that jolt of exictement (adrenalin?) that made everything feel like it had a meaning again, I felt like I had a reason to actually achieve things again. One of the most striking abilities that SAM-E had to offer me besides making everything meaningfull is that it also allowed me to laugh!

Now I know it sounds weird as fk to most people but laughing is supposed to lower adrenalin, wouldnt it make sense that if you have low adrenergic activity at baseline you also have no adrenaling to get rid of and thus are unable to laugh? I really seem to think thats the case, I literally NEVER EVER laugh normally, NEVER EVER, yet SAM-E induces mRNA expression PNMT and increases activity of PNMT. Life felt exhilirating on SAM-E id die to get that feeling back without causing these horrible symptoms again.

Is there any short acting beta2 agonist thats relatively save that I can try?

I cant help but to look at this: 

Chapter 13Adrenal Stress Hormones and Enhanced Memory for Emotionally Arousing Experiences

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../books/NBK3907/

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Are you saying that people with ASD are always over-methylators? I mean, google says SAM-E is to be used when over-methylating, but would make things many times worse for under-methylators.

Even before my autism diagnose I've considered methylation-issues to be my problem. But I've never been able to identify if I'm over or under, because I have about 50% of the symptoms of both. When I got my autism diagnose I thought "Bingo, that's my problem!" and forgot about methylation, not taking into account that they could be related.

I want to know for sure, because if I my anxiety gets even higher by applying trial & error with SAM-E, then I don't know what I'll do.

Btw, just today I started a thread asking exactly for such kind of advice: https://www.longecit...otivation-asap/

Zie mijn updates, het is echt LINK spul dit joh, even serieus echt bizar eng, lees die links enzo.

Vet kut trouwens het hielp zo verschrikkelijk goed de eerste dag, en daarna na 2 dagen poef.... mijn hoofd in een andere wereld, kreeg waanideeen, het voelde alsof de externe wereld naar binnen werden gedrukt in mijn ziel en dat er binnen in mijn een innerlijke strijd was. Ging gewoon hallucineren van dit spul.

Lees ajb dit hier onder, zo verschrikkelijk veel mensen hebben echt enge bijwerkingen, sam-e is ook op recept alleen in veel landen, ik heb wel gemerkt waarom holy shit.

http://www.depressio...es/000027.shtml

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tsh, prl, immune system, hypothalmus, pituairy, sam-e, piracetam, adenosine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users