Please Input Your Opinion/Advice on my little empire of Supplements & etc

stack supplements herbs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Hello everyone! Would really appreciate if you would give me a little bit of your precious time to take a look over my stack and say something, but not exactly something. Quick background, early 30s, 90kg/198lbs I can easily lose the weight but not interested right now, 1,82m / 5,97ft (yes, I will lose around 10kg-15kg /22-33lbs to be "me"), went on and off (mostly off lol) at gym in previous years, now I'm back since 2 months with great progress and planning to keep going until I die; looking to integrate stretching and sometimes doing meditation etc.

Main problem is that I work a lot at desk in front of a computer, using a lot of brain power. Because I can go in a flow/momentum sometimes and become workaholic, I used to get burnout/adrenal fatigue/chronic stress call it however you like, and was stopping from work... but years passed and I understood what happened and now I'm wiser at least in that aspect. Also went into a weird paradoxical depression because I am not working because I cannt resume work because I am too sad because I didn't work for too long, like a weird loop, and I have my own business so it is not a problem of getting a job, but getting the right mindset. Anyway, below:

• D3 + K2 (d3 5000ui + k2 Menaquinone 90 mcg / read this if you think is too much https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5541280/ either way, I only take this dose for 2 months during the winter, after that I reduce it and stop taking around late April - early May)
  • Omega 3 EPA 432mg DHA 288mg
  • Sun Flower Choline (min 95% phosphatide - and 1-2g a day; I'm avoiding soy and will have often breaks with this one or spaced out or every other day)
  • Cordyceps Sinensis Extract 25:1 standardized minimum 10% cordycepic acid 204 mg, 12:1 extract with minimum 30% polisacharides and minimum 1% adenosine 200mg, so 400mg (500 with the capsule)
  • N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine (same this as without N-) - 550mg (2 per day in gym days, and 1 per day in non-gym days)
  • Q10 Micronized 150mg (thought it would synergize with ALCAR & NADH but I don't think I need Q10 yet... waste of money? Maybe D-Ribose would be better?)
  • NADH 12,5mg (this one completely fixed my unexplained fatigue and day time sleepiness, seems like the effect is maintained for some time and no need to redose, however I'm not sure what the heck I am doing so I use this one 1-2 times a week or less now until it's over then break)
  • Taurine Jarrow's 1000mg - in the evening, really feeling it nice, satisfied with this choice.
  • Magnesium Citrate + B6 (100mg Mg + B6 5 mg) - taking 1-2 a day, would take more if it wasn't for the B6. Months prior to this I felt a big change due to the administration of Magnesium Citrate (300-450mg a day for 3 months with small 1 week breaks between months), this deficiency was corrected and now maintaining with 100mg Mg Citrate.)
  • Zinc + Tribulus Terrestris (Zn 7,5mg + + TT 270 mg) bought this just for the small Zinc amount, taking after sex (sperm loss) or during some days randomly. Very cheap.
  • Zinc + Selenium (SelenoPrecise 100µg + Zinc gluconate 15mg + vit.A 800µg + B6 2mg + vit.C 90mg µg + vit.E 15mg - bought this to various reasons actually)
  • Maca tubers extract 5-6:1 standardized 0,6% glucosinolate 350mg ; dry extract 4:1 Maca tubers; 1-3 per day
  • Melatonin before bed (meh, I know... want to try and quit as I take it since months...)
  • Proteins 50-100g a day (from whey powder or/and meat; am going to gym 3-4 times a week)
  • Creatine 4-5g only on gym days
  • B12 Methylcobalamin 100 (first thing in the morning with a probiotic)
  • Pure Raw Royal Jelly Unprocessed (see this post with the links to studies as well; also I can vouch for this stuff if raw; natural source of acetylcholine too)
  • Ashwagandha (good quality, with 7% withanolides and 1% alkaloids , Piper nigrum with 5% piperine)
  • Lutein 10mg and Zeaxantin 2mg
  • Probiotic Complex ( 2 billion UFC/ G Lactobacillus acidophilus,  3 billion UFC/g  Bifidobacterium Bifidus and FOS mg)
  • I also mix dry powder of organic herbs, mixture of Wheatgrass, Barely, Amla, Neem, Chlorella etc etc mostly green stuff. Used to drink this daily but nowadays not so much, I feel naturally that I don't need it, and just take it 1-2 times per week. Does wonders for digestion, stomach problems, skin glow etc plus it's a punch of vitamin and minerals.

Some of these will go be finished soon like Q10 and NADH (10-15 capsules each left) so I take this more strategically. Most of these will be taken almost daily, although I'm not sure if I should take Zinc daily. Ashwagandha is something I would also maybe take in the evening where I feel my cortisol is still up due to working too much etc, although in beginning I might take it daily, maybe together with Taurine, it will help to replace melatonin supplementation. I could talk more about each however I think there's already a lot that was written.

I would appreciate if anyone could chime in and have a recommendation about what would they take, when, how w/ food, empty stomach morning, evening, every other day, daily, break, don't take, add something else, etc etc.  

#2 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

This looks like a solid stack to me. Mine often looks similar, but with some variation as I try to find better options.

Instead of B12, I usually take a complex -- there's a lot to explore in there like benfotiamine, or TPP, or sulbutiamine, or R5P / P5P... even B-like compounds (TMG, CDP-choline, aGPC)... inositol, etc.

My goals are usually centered around brain health + heart health, then finding some combination that might aid with general aging.

Edited by brosci, 09 January 2019 - 07:12 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Bubbles

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

iirc vit B's compete for absorption between each other, and I have never taken B12 alone, so was wondering to see if there's any difference from taking it first think in the morning alone. Not saying that there's any problem with a B complex, on the contrary, iirc also, B vitamins works best when there is the full spectrum of them around. I'm a solo-B12 virgin. 

indeed, there is a lot to explore. I was tempted to get Uridine because I would really need something like that right now, however after reading and reading, I decided against taking it. Got too scared due to its cancer talks even though that's about a different form; I heard it depletes Folate and B12 so probablly the cancer may happen because of that depletion and not directly due to Uridine. Unsure to be honest, I really don't know and Im just speculating what other people wrote.

Yes, my goals are very similar to yours. As a mater of fact, you can notice that some supps in my stack have a role in NGF & BDNF. I am working on stack for neurogenesis, however I'm not even close to the main superstars such as Lions Mane alcohol extract + Psilocibin md + Niacin Flush + others, currently I'm building my way, slowly introducing certain sups etc Also going to stop drinking any alcohol for the upcoming months, lol. If anyone is interested in this subject, here is a little gift for you! (a great book on neurogenesis, pdf format)

Either way, I remind myself every day that most important is real food, sleep, exercise/lift weights/stretching/run and only after that supplements come to supplement an on-going activity. What I would need now is an app that would remind me how many days passed since I ate the last time a certain fruit/veggie , maybe even point color use ., assuming I would input every time I eat something. Or maybe I could use an agenda... Look, for example it passed more than 6 months since I ate a pomegranate! If you ask me how this happened, I have no idea, life happened, got busy, ate other things, didn't thought of it... "excuses". But maybe if I would have been reminded 3 weeks after I ate my last one, maybe, just maybe, I would have bought another pomegranate. And the thing is, everybody and even centenaries say that balance and a little bit from everything is key, so an app or a habit of tracking when/what you ate last type of fruit or/and vegetable, can be very helpful. Time flies.

#4 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:51 AM

For someone your age and with your goals, my two cents is that your stack could be simplified quite a bit. Unless you're working against specific lab test results and/or a specific illness or a strongly positive personal experience, I would only keep: D3, K2, NAC, CoQ10, Taurine, Mg Citrate, Zinc (low dose), B12 and the probiotics. I would add a B-complex without Folic Acid (like B-minus), a multi-mineral (like Pic-Mins), and a high-quality E (like Unique E or Gamma E). If the Melatonin improves your sleep quality, keeping it would be fine, too.

I generally take most of my supplements with food. I've found that using them to effectively enrich my food works pretty well for me.

#5 Bubbles

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:58 AM

For someone your age and with your goals, my two cents is that your stack could be simplified quite a bit. Unless you're working against specific lab test results and/or a specific illness or a strongly positive personal experience, I would only keep: D3, K2, NAC, CoQ10, Taurine, Mg Citrate, Zinc (low dose), B12 and the probiotics. I would add a B-complex without Folic Acid (like B-minus), a multi-mineral (like Pic-Mins), and a high-quality E (like Unique E or Gamma E). If the Melatonin improves your sleep quality, keeping it would be fine, too.

I generally take most of my supplements with food. I've found that using them to effectively enrich my food works pretty well for me.

Hello, thank you for your time and recommendation. Need to add that I do not take all of them daily, however some of them do find their way daily. With a little bit of testing, I have found the right combination which works for me great, and I am sure it could work for others too, the way I feel is great, and this is mainly due to certain additions/changes I have done.

So, focus on this one:

1. I wake up, right then I take my probiotic and B12, drink plenty of water. This is straight out of the bed.

2. After that, I put on headphones and I listen to 30 minutes of this: https://www.neurovector.com/intro.htm Really, read it! I was familiar to binaural beats before and tried it from YouTube and other places, however that really didn't do much so I thought that was it, years passed and I just thought of it as some teenager shumky audio tricks. But I was wrong. "With the neuroVector™ technology, we have created a practical and effective way to shorten the arduous and complex journey in acquiring the winning mental state of remarkable people effortlessly. While using the audio technology developed by neuroVector™, electrical activity in your brain aligns with the recorded brain activities of people who spent decades conditioning their minds to achieve a higher state of consciousness.This is new and revolutionary, it is not just simple brain waves, this is extraordinary technology. I am not debating, I am telling you I have extraordinary results. If you need it, PM me and I can share it with you so you won't have to pay that much. This is unlike anything I tried before, my day time sleepiness is gone, I can drink coffee now and I feel like how I was feeling 10 years ago when I was in my 20s. I will stop hyping and all I can say is you should try it at least once. I meditate during these 30 minutes. I really wish people would try this just once and see the difference, this ain't placebo.

3. I get up, i take cordyceps+maca+chromium picolinate+alcar (1 capsule), empty stomach, lots of water.

4. After that, I put the coffee maker, and I go to stretch. I stretch for 10 minutes or so, get rid of the stiffness, and I end the stretching session with a few pushups to get the blood really going.

5. After that, I get my coffee and I can start the day. All these takes up to 1 hour, and it changes my entire mental state, way I feel, is incredible!!!

PS. I also do intermittent fasting, which really helps in the process.

I took supplements and herbs before but doing the neurovector meditation on headphones 30 minutes as i wake up + stretchings after, is agreat addition and is really changing me for the better, I have finally found after so many years exactly what I was looking for, the way I feel, think etc.. Makes the difference, I love it!

After that later on I eat and take my D3+K2 and some other, then if it is a gym day, I take again maca+cordyceps and royal jelly raw. Am not taking Zinc (with the other daily). I do take Magnesium daily, mostly to maintain proper levels as I have corrected my deficiency months ago. Sun Flower Choline i take rarely, don't really need it now. Q10 just taking the few capsules i have sometimes on gym days. Not sure I need Q10 at all, maybe d-ribose could have been much better instead. NADH only monday :) Taurine is great tot ake the edge off if needed, I learned/feel it and now I can use it properly, take it on and off. Omega 3 just after last meal of the day, after I finish this bottle I take break from it for some time. 

Now to get to your recommendation, why should I avoid Folic Acid? Just asking, I don't know. Also note that I am talking about ALCAR not NAC. Might try NAC too some day.

Yes, I have a strong positive experience from this stack but the stack alone is not enough and not all of it is recommended for a daily basis, just what I pointed out. 

Edited by Bubbles, 18 January 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#6 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

2. After that, I put on headphones and I listen to 30 minutes of this: https://www.neurovector.com/intro.htm Really, read it! I was familiar to binaural beats before and tried it from YouTube and other places, however that really didn't do much so I thought that was it, years passed and I just thought of it as some teenager shumky audio tricks. But I was wrong.

I too am a believer in the usefulness of binaural beats. The one I use is called Neural Agility: https://www.activemi...ts/revita-mind/

Now to get to your recommendation, why should I avoid Folic Acid? Just asking, I don't know.

Folic Acid is an artificial compound, not found in nature. Taken as a supplement, it produces byproducts that interfere with your metabolism.

The correct form for supplementation is Methylfolate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Bubbles

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:18 PM

Hmmm... I have checked your product and honestly I am not that impressed, it is just like any other binaural beats, all they promise is that their product "uses the most powerful monaural and/or isochronic tones and we engineer them in a unique way using high fidelity audio equipment"

but what does powerful mean? what is the unique way they speak of? vague details.

"Our audio tones are the ‘cleanest’ you will ever listen to and don’t have clicks, pops, scratches or other interfering sounds that would reduce beneficial effects."

That is to be expected from every product, especially one that costs $100!!

Maybe it works for you and I personally have tried it, however I can say that Neurovector has a new technology which poops on  is way superior than the rest of binaural beats and I shall explain below why:

neuroVector is a radically new technology based on binaural beats that has been proven to provide the most effective stimulation for neural growth by dramatically improving the functioning of neural networks. Traditional brain synchronization systems use a single fixed computer-generated frequency for each ear. This constant frequency of a specific range can be compared to a tune. However, brain activity is a symphony of frequencies; all frequencies are present in order of magnitude.

Every process in the brain has its own specific frequency. During higher mental activity the gamma frequency (range approximately 26—100 Hz) becomes dominant over the alpha, beta, delta and theta frequencies but does not inhibit them.

ORGANIC: neuroVector: Technology has developed a system whereby a stereo audio file is generated from a digital magnetoencephalography (MEG), which measures brain activity in real time.

COMPLEX (alpha, beta, delta and theta): When this recording is heard through stereo headphones it causes the listener's brain to reconstruct a complex "phantom" audio signal identical to the recording from a volunteer.

QUALITY: Volunteers are chosen for their superior mental abilities and prepare to enter a specific mental state prior to the recording. As many as forty (40) recording are taken from each volunteer and compared to create an MEG of great quality.

neuroVector: Technology is the leader in the field of bio-informational and cognitive technologies for enhancing human performance.

The electrical activity of the brain is recorded from electrodes placed on the scalp (this is called Electroencephalography). The activity recorded from a large number of neurons in the brain are known as brainwaves or electroencephalogram (EEG). We are now using a new kind of brain scan called magnetoencephalography (MEG), which measures brain activity in real time.

We use MEGs to record the function of the brain of volunteers with a highly developed mental functioning, people who have trained their consciousness to a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility through the paths of action and knowledge.

The electrodes are connected to a series of amplifiers. These tools for recording the brain activity have a high resolution, down to sub-millisecond. As the brain works, thru its electric activity, MEG measures are taken directly and accurately. Subsequently, the signal is filtered to eliminate artifacts and transmitted to specialized computer systems that convert it into a stereo sound file.

When this file is heard with stereo headphones, the brain of the listener tries to compensate the discrepancy between the two signals creating a third signal that affects the brainstem's superior olivary nucleus causing it to release neurotransmitters thru the reticular formation, these neurotransmitters initiate changes in neurological activity in the thalamus and cortex.

After three months of practicing with neuroVector: audio technology, the brain activity of test subjects were 98% identical to that of a volunteer with highly developed mental functioning. It's amazing how a sound file can do something so profound. These results from the use of the neuroVector audio technology have been extensively documented.

For many decades it has been shown that when the brain is presented with a rhythmic stimulus like a tune or bit, the rhythm is mirrored in the brain's electrical impulses (brain waves). For this reason when we want to relax, we play classical music or listen to the soothing sounds of nature and when we want to become more active, we listen to faster rhythms, such as psytrance, EDM, rock etc..

neuroVector allows you to be immersed in and experience the mind of a genius, some one with exceptional intellectual ability, dazzlingly skilled and exceptionally creative. Individual candidates for these recording are chosen for their highly developed abilities and performance. Recordings are made with the help of brain imaging technology under laboratory conditions. The candidates being recorded are asked to relax and remember experiences of peak performance. neuroVector will expand the capacity of your brain and allow you to focus your entire brain power on any chosen task and experience extraordinary levels of performance and productivity. neuroVector is a breakthrough audio technology that is based on decades of pioneering research, it will help you reproduce these widespread brainwave patterns faster so that you can directly experience the enormous benefits of higher states of consciousness and increased mental functioning. These audio files help you relax more, sleep better, and deal with the problems of living more effectively. If you listen to them as suggested in our guide, you can come up with solutions to problems more easily, be more confident in all your purposeful undertakings and experience real joy immediately, while you train your mind.

I'll send you a PM, you have to try this. For me it worked from the first morning! You should know that in today's world, there are so many things floating around, that even if there's a life-changing product like no other, it won't mean it will be all over the news and everybody talk about it. Sometimes, you just have to recognize that you indeed stumbled across a goldmine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack, supplements, herbs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users