• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Retrieval of Long Term Memories with NGF

nerve growth factor lions mane alcar hippocampus neurons choline memories long term memory

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pereise1

• 57 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:28 PM

So I'm curious if anyone had an idea as to the mechanisms behind long term memory retrieval. So to give a little background, my wife and I were stuck in a moldy house for the better part of 4 years. During that time period, my memories were slowly, but surely, being erased by exposure to the mold. I became incredibly depersonalized, having no context to my existence other than whatever was happening at that exact moment. Well, about 7 months ago we were finally able to move out, and since then, many memories have come flooding back. The things that have helped the most seem to all be NGF promoters: Acetyl L-Carnitine (especially the arginate form), Lion's Mane, Galantamine, a 1:1 CBD to THC blend of Cannabis (https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/14870957), and Noopept,. I don't seem to get any benefit from common cholinergics such as Alpha GPC, Donepezil, Citicoline, or Centrophenoxine.

However, I feel that I'm at a plateau as far as memory retrieval. My aforementioned stack isn't helping me as much, and I'm a little desperate to continue to retrieve my long term memory as it's been the most helpful thing so far for my depersonalization. Anyone have any idea why NGF inducers would be doing this? I theorize that the mold/mycotoxins caused damage to the axons connecting different, stored memories. However, I don't really suffer from any peripheral nerve damage, other than a dulled sense of touch. I'd love to be able to induce massive amounts of NGF in my brain if that helps me get my memories back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nerve growth factor, lions mane, alcar, hippocampus, neurons, choline, memories, long term memory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users