CCR5 Inhibition

brain enhancement longevity anti-aging

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

Scientists have discovered that knocking out or inhibiting this protien can do wonders. This helps protect from HIV infection. It has benefits for all of us though. Experiments show that memory and cognition can be enhanced. Rapamycin has been found to inhibit CCR5 in the body. Does anyone know of other substances to impair CCR5?

#2 manofsan

• 1,223 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

What kind of wonders can it do? HIV is not a concern for my own personal health, so what else can CCR5 inhibition do for me?

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 Meredith Wesley

• 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:00 AM

Cenicriviroc,Maraviroc,Cenicriviroc Mesylate,DAPTA,Aplaviroc,BMS-813160.

#4 Neurocryo

• 53 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:44 AM

What kind of wonders can it do? HIV is not a concern for my own personal health, so what else can CCR5 inhibition do for me?

They think it helps you recover better from TBI or stroke.  If you have two copies of the 32 bp deletion present pretty much only in Europeans you are more prone to abdominal aortic anyeurism... however you are completely resistant from HIV 1 some tropisms utilizing ccr5 for entry.  I’m a het for the deletion which means I would progress to AIDS slower and my dementia if I got HIV wouldn’t be as bad.  I worked with a double deletion guy a few years ago.  He had E4 too but he was still one of smartest I’ve met.  Happy t9 be a het.

#5 Dstein

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2022 - 10:13 PM

New study: CCR5 closes the temporal window for memory linking | bioRxiv

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#6 Sarah Brandenb

• 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 04:31 AM

Ccr5d32 has some advantages for some things. It helps immunity with some things, hurts with others. A mechanism is that it reduces cytokine inflammation, which can help neurons in TBI and stroke. I think overall longevity is reduced though.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users