• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

“LDN” (Naltrexone) type of drug for testosterone and cognition?

ldn naltrexone testosterone cognition mithridatism homeopathy isopathy low dose naltrexone bodybuilding nootropic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seganfredo

• 108 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

In my mind I’ve been tinkering with substance resistance and sensitization, Mithridatism, Paracelsus’ principles like “Sola dosis facit venenum” (the dose makes the poison), “similia similibus curentur” (like cures like), the claims of pseudosciences like isopathy/homeopathy, and stuff like it for many years. I still don't have a strong enough grasp of these subjects, but medschool running smoothly I'll soon know much better how it all connects and have a more educated, broader perspective. 

Now, since I found out about the wonders of Low Dose Naltrexone-LDN, even touted by many as the greatest medical discovery of the last century, and started taking it, I’ve been asking myself if a somewhat analogous mechanism can be brought forth to heighten testosterone and also cognitive function/work efficiency/mood through low-dose antagonists that metabolize quickly. Here's LDN's mechanism, basically: opioid receptor blockade by LDN provokes a compensatory elevation in endogenous opioids and opioid receptors that can function after LDN is no longer available (therefore causing an immunioregulatory effect, as endorphins have this role in the body.) Through its mechanism I calculated that LDN may "erase" acquired drug resistance to (meth)amphetamines and counter most of its negative effects and, lo and behold, scientists in Scandinavia are studying exactly this, with quite a good level of success.

In short, I'm looking for some substance that in low doses may provoke compensatory elevation of endogenous testosterone and/or one of the many endogenous substances that regulate cognition and other higher executive functions (elevating androgen/substance receptors & production).

Any useful ideas, experiences, & comments will be appreciated.

Edited by Seganfredo, 25 February 2019 - 07:26 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#2 micro2000

• 61 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

Low dose letrozole will increase testosterone levels by reducing estrogen levels. All you need is 0.125-0.25mg per day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:47 AM

Low dose letrozole will increase testosterone levels by reducing estrogen levels. All you need is 0.125-0.25mg per day.

It will destroy estrogen though, can induce Hypoestrogenism. Bloodwork is a must. I’d opt for another AI like Aromasin or Arimidex.
  • Good Point x 1

#4 livingguy

• 57 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:21 AM

I don't think anti aromatisation is the way to go for raising testosterone, given Estrogen's role in bone density, sexual function, cognitive function and heart disease prevention. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

I don't think anti aromatisation is the way to go for raising testosterone, given Estrogen's role in bone density, sexual function, cognitive function and heart disease prevention. 

Yes but as a matter of perspective, all things in moderation.  Letrozole will absolutely crush E levels even at a low dose, but other AI's like arimidex or exemestane are easier to dial in the dose and lower E to a suitable level. Done in concert with bloodwork, of course.

#6 turchin

• 59 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

Low dose (2.5 mg) menantine every three days - good for mood and cognition.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Seganfredo

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=TFiqNZXWN7g

Interesting.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ldn, naltrexone, testosterone, cognition, mithridatism, homeopathy, isopathy, low dose naltrexone, bodybuilding, nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users