* * * * * 1 votes

low dose medicine for health. opinions?

life extension longevity

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:04 PM

what do you people think of low dose aspirin, low dose metformin, low dose nalrexone and low dose lithium for health and longevity? i just see that low dose of those certain medicines based on research is a sweet spot. correct me if im wrong. not sure i suppose low dose of most things is good? anyway, thats why i came out with after research

#2 tracekira

• 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:04 PM

I understood deprenyl in low dose 5 mg /week can protect the dopamine producing neurons and extend lifespan ...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

oh yeah i think that can be another one to add to the list. actually selegiline AND low dose lsd or shrooms too.

#4 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:32 AM

Low dose statins also come to mind. While I'm generally against prescription drugs and statins, perhaps there is a U-curve that's above abstinence.

#5 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

never heard about that. how would low dose statins benefit? from what i have seen doctors actually up the dose in most cases, not lower it

#6 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:43 PM

never heard about that. how would low dose statins benefit? from what i have seen doctors actually up the dose in most cases, not lower it

Check out Peter Attia's statin dosing schedule and his write ups on lipidology.

#7 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:28 AM

I understood deprenyl in low dose 5 mg /week can protect the dopamine producing neurons and extend lifespan ...

Maybe low dose Rasagiline would be better for dopamine as it’s mainly MAO-B?

But isn’t there a high withdrawl with MAOI’s?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

i never heard of withdrawal from them, but most antidepressants do have some so maybe. i dont think its serious though or people will talk about it more.

anyway, i hope people add more of low dose various supplements and meds perhaps im missing on some

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life extension longevity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users