Insomnia (plus mood stack)

sleep insomnia mood gaba serotonin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 YoungSchizo

• 855 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

Hey people,

I have a whole thread about my (sleep maintenance) insomnia right here in the mental health section. Basically what's it about: I had a psychosis in 2016 and ever since I suffer from interrupted sleep, I wake up every 1-2 hours while I'm dreaming and can only sleep for a maximum of 4-5 hours a night. I tried the most heavy insomnia drug out there but non of it helped. I had 2 polysomnographs and two times they blamed it on my sleep/wake cycle and circadian clock being off because I would go to sleep around 3AM. I disagree of course because it's been 16 years like that and that's not the case. I tried going to sleep at (normal hours) 11/12PM for several months but that didn't helped at all.

Anyway I stumbled upon an OTC sleep aid with the following ingredients:

• 400mg L-Tryptophan
  • 250mg Eschscholtzia Californica
  • 100mg L-Lysine Hydrochloride
  • 100mg Valerian extract
  • 18mg Vitamin B3
  • 3.5mg Vitamin B6
  • 6mg Vitamin B5
  • 0.29mg Melatonin

Plus 600mg Valerian extract taken extra.

From my understanding researching the ingredients my brain probably has less GABA and Serotonin and that's the reason I wake up frequently (due to dreams).

Although I still wake up frequently but it lessened to every 2-3 hours (with less dream wake-ups) and I manage to fall asleep again faster and manage to hit 7-9 hours sleep total plus I wake up with a better mood that lasts all day long.

I'm partially satisfied with this result but I rather only wake up once a night like I've always was used to.

Now I want to make my own (more powerful) sleep-aid and want to order the following supplements:

• 1000mg Valerian extract 
  • 500mg L-Tryptophan 
  • 400mg Eschscholtzia Californica
  • 500mg L-Lysine Hydrochloride
  • 600mg Hops
  • 200mg 5-HTP
  • 300mg Ashwagandha KSM-66
  • B-Vitamin + B12 complex
  • Multivitamins (extra strong)
  • and maybe add a very low dose Melatonin (because I don't react very well to high dosages)

What do you guys think of this stack. Should I add or remove something? 

#2 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

*bump*

No insomnia and supplements experts on here?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Try eating icecream before bed.  Should or can help lessen the nightly wakeup events. Sometimes I eat peanut butter before bed. Been dealing with insomnia for years and years..... Icecream, glycine, valerian, phenibut. 

Edited by Rocket, 28 March 2019 - 07:19 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#4 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:34 PM

If you have trouble sleeping you could increase your 5-htp intake, I use around 600-800 mg of it to sleep.

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 29 March 2019 - 04:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 YoungSchizo

• Topic Starter
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

If you have trouble sleeping you could increase your 5-htp intake, I use around 600-800 mg of it to sleep.

I'm really impressed by 5-htp, not because it induces sleep in me but it's antidepressant properties! Just 200mg has lifted my mood greatly!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, insomnia, mood, gaba, serotonin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users