• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

What can low dose Asprin never be taken with?

asprin supplements interactions

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:12 AM

So that's my question, if you are taking 80 mgs of Asprin daily or less, what should it not ever be taken with? 

Thanks. 

#2 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Bumping. Important question for me. 

I guess I should outright ask what would happen if I took Low dose Asprin 81 mgs, alongside Tocomin Suprabio, Agmatine Sulfate, Fish oil, or any other supplement that 'may slightly thin the blood'?

And for that matter how about vitamin K2?

And I am not convinced Asprin is suddenly a demon just because of one study. I think it is still a useful OTC drug for the purpose everyone has been using it for. Prevention. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

Bump. 

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

As always, it's individual. See my post here. I've taken a plethora of blood-thinning supplements, but only the addition of a baby-aspirin caused bloody bowel-movements and longer bleeding time. Any other might have different experiences.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

I take 100mg of baby aspirin daily with 20mg Trintellix and 20mg Vyvanse, plus blueberries and omega3. Also every other day, more or less, I take ginkgo, piracetam, ibuprofen, valerian, methylphenidate and sildenafil. Couple of times a week galantamine as well. No problems so far.

My platelet count is about 600 ( normal range 150-450 ).

#6 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

As always, it's individual. See my post here. I've taken a plethora of blood-thinning supplements, but only the addition of a baby-aspirin caused bloody bowel-movements and longer bleeding time. Any other might have different experiences.

May I ask what you were taking prior to adding the baby Asprin?

I take 100mg of baby aspirin daily with 20mg Trintellix and 20mg Vyvanse, plus blueberries and omega3. Also every other day, more or less, I take ginkgo, piracetam, ibuprofen, valerian, methylphenidate and sildenafil. Couple of times a week galantamine as well. No problems so far.

Have you ever taken the low dose Asprin along side Supplements like Tocomin Suprabio or Agmatine Sulfate? 

If so, my question would be, effects? 

Also, with regard to general regimen when do you take the Asprin? Do ya Space it apart from the other stuff?

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

May I ask what you were taking prior to adding the baby Asprin?

Click the link in above post.

Edited by pamojja, 11 April 2019 - 09:24 PM.

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:43 PM

Click the link in above post.

That's a lot of Supplements.

My primary concern is taking it with Kyolic Garlic extract, Tocomin Suprabio and Fish Oil. 

Another consideration is Agmatine Sulfate. No idea how the mechanism would interact. 

I wan to take low dose Asprin before bed, but did it mix well with Melatonin?

#9 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:16 AM

I wan to take low dose Asprin before bed, but did it mix well with Melatonin?

The only way to avoid the bleeding, in my case and when I really needed it, is with a large meal with Phosphatidylcholine or Lecithin. But I also take large amounts of ascorbic acid, which counter it's depletion.

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

The only way to avoid the bleeding, in my case and when I really needed it, is with a large meal with Phosphatidylcholine or Lecithin. But I also take large amounts of ascorbic acid, which counter it's depletion.

So basically taking it with Vitamin C is advised? 

Anybody know about how Asprin may interact with Asprin?

• Cheerful x 1

#11 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:46 AM

Anybody know about how Asprin may interact with Asprin?

???

• unsure x 1

#12 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

???

I meant Agmatine. Sorry. 

#13 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 07:15 PM

its very simple. dont take it on an empty stomach. always take it with food and lots of water (as the label suggests) and vitamin c definitely helps with not burning your stomach. not sure why the post starter is so confused about something so simple *shrugs*

• Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1

#14 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

its very simple. dont take it on an empty stomach. always take it with food and lots of water (as the label suggests) and vitamin c definitely helps with not burning your stomach. not sure why the post starter is so confused about something so simple *shrugs*

I see you commented on contraindications.

Not. 

• dislike x 1

#15 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:59 PM

How long have you been doing this?

Also, when do you dose the baby asprin? How far away from dosing the other's do you keep it?

Edited by TheFountain, 16 May 2019 - 08:00 PM.

#16 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

Vit C ameliorates the negative effects of A on the stomach and/or gut by 93% IIRC.
This is covered,  with links, in 2 or 3 of my previous posts.

#17 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

Vit C ameliorates the negative effects of A on the stomach and/or gut by 93% IIRC.
This is covered,  with links, in 2 or 3 of my previous posts.

Well, then I must be very different. Because I all along took in average 24 g/d during the last 10 years. And it didn't prevent bleeding with aspirin in my case. Only PC helped.

Edited by pamojja, 17 May 2019 - 09:25 AM.

#18 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Well, then I must be very different. Because I all along took in average 24 g/d during the last 10 years. And it didn't prevent bleeding with aspirin in my case. Only PC helped.

Did you take the vit C @ the same time as the aspirin?
There are other supps listed in the lld thread too if you care to look.
You will also find links to research.

Google
site:longecity. org search terms

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Did you take the vit C @ the same time as the aspirin?

Since vitamin C is better absorbed without food, I always took the bulk 20 minutes before meals. However, since plasma vitamin C after oral doses only peaks after 2 hours, the bulk would still be somewhere in the intestines absorbing/passing. With meals I take a multi with at least 300 mg again.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asprin, supplements, interactions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users