- - - - -

resveratrol that is not from knotweed

resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

from what i have seen, most resveratrol, if not all, comes from japanese knotweed. and the process is usually done in china. and it seems knotweed contains a lot of residues from the process which are left in the final product of resveratrol which includes plant toxins naturally occuring plus PAHs. im certain resveratrol products like that arent good idea long term at all. the problem i face is, its very difficult to find other reliable sources on resveratrol. i found a company which was doing yeast fermented type of resveratrol but lost the website. they actually had good explaination on how current resveratrol on the market, while very cheap, is unreliable.

if anyone has any ideas of actual decent resveratrol product, please share

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:02 PM

There is synthetic resveratrol, but I found it as bad for my joints as all the others. However, I've also found that taking it with 25 mg spermidine eliminates the problem.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

You probably know this already and don’t like the idea, but...

Purebulk and others sell "pure" resveratrol. Even if it is from knotweed and even though it’s maybe only 98%, there can’t be very much of anything else in it. Out of 250mg that’s 5mg of something else from the knotweed.

I wouldn’t buy the 50% resveratrol. I worry that’s too much knotweed.
  • Agree x 1

#4 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:45 AM

i wouldnt buy anything knotweed at all. the synthetic resveratrol is the one being sold by those research labs online right? well, i wish i can get a hold of those.

btw turnbuckle, if you be so kind and help me out to find where to buy spermidine, ill love you a lot! :)

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

i wouldnt buy anything knotweed at all. the synthetic resveratrol is the one being sold by those research labs online right? well, i wish i can get a hold of those.

btw turnbuckle, if you be so kind and help me out to find where to buy spermidine, ill love you a lot! :)

Amazon. What could be easier? 

#6 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

you gotta be kidding me. https://www.amazon.c...ef=nb_sb_noss_1 the cheapest one is 94 dollars at only 5 grams. im not sure if 5 grams is a lot or not since i do not know the amount needed daily. but cmon, 90+ dollars, thats insane! thanks for the source though.... i suppose ill look elsewhere

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#7 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:58 AM

Reziva Resveratrol is from grapes. Available on amazon. 

"Muscadinex Grape Resveratrol Longevity Supplement" - is another, it has grape skin and grape seeds, but it doesn't say actually how much resveratrol is in there, so I don't know. I took a whole bottle of that a while ago and remember really liking it though, I may order it again. The skin is where the  resv. is concentrated. 

Edited by Phoebus, 13 April 2019 - 03:04 AM.

#8 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:08 AM

yeah i havent seen this one before. anything but chinese knotweed is good. im still looking for that paper where it describes the process of extracting the resveratrol from knotweed which causes PAHs and left over toxins from that plant in the final material. no wonder anyone is yet to experience any benefits taking resveratrol. i did read lots of health complains from prolonged use of resveratrol though and it makes sense now. its likely not the molecule itself

Reziva Resveratrol is from grapes. Available on amazon. 

"Muscadinex Grape Resveratrol Longevity Supplement" - is another, it has grape skin and grape seeds, but it doesn't say actually how much resveratrol is in there, so I don't know. I took a whole bottle of that a while ago and remember really liking it though, I may order it again. The skin is where the  resv. is concentrated. 

what do you mean by really liking it? resveratrol is not the type of a thing you can ever feel working. or maybe you just mean the product was well made?

#9 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:16 AM

yeah i havent seen this one before. anything but chinese knotweed is good. im still looking for that paper where it describes the process of extracting the resveratrol from knotweed which causes PAHs and left over toxins from that plant in the final material. no wonder anyone is yet to experience any benefits taking resveratrol. i did read lots of health complains from prolonged use of resveratrol though and it makes sense now. its likely not the molecule itself

what do you mean by really liking it? resveratrol is not the type of a thing you can ever feel working. or maybe you just mean the product was well made?

well it has grapeseed and grape skin in it, and I do well on grape seed extract. Seems to have an anti inflammatory effect on me. Again, no idea how much resv is actually in that product, but I did like it. 

#10 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

you gotta be kidding me. https://www.amazon.c...ef=nb_sb_noss_1 the cheapest one is 94 dollars at only 5 grams. im not sure if 5 grams is a lot or not since i do not know the amount needed daily. but cmon, 90+ dollars, thats insane! thanks for the source though.... i suppose ill look elsewhere

The dose I use is 25 mg, so 5 grams would give you 200 doses, or about 50 cents a dose. If you buy 25 grams, that would give you 1000 doses at 30 cents a dose. That may seem high to you, but you won't find it anywhere else for less, unless you buy a kilo from China. (At Alibaba it appears ridiculously cheap, but since you see the same price for a gram and a kilogram from different Chinese sources, there may be some translation problems.)  US chem supply houses are even more expensive, and won't ship to residences. Ebay occasionally has one unit for sale, generally at about the Amazon price.

• Agree x 1

#11 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:31 PM

The dose I use is 25 mg, so 5 grams would give you 200 doses, or about 50 cents a dose. If you buy 25 grams, that would give you 1000 doses at 30 cents a dose. That may seem high to you, but you won't find it anywhere else for less, unless you buy a kilo from China. (At Alibaba it appears ridiculously cheap, but since you see the same price for a gram and a kilogram from different Chinese sources, there may be some translation problems.)  US chem supply houses are even more expensive, and won't ship to residences. Ebay occasionally has one unit for sale, generally at about the Amazon price.

How did you determine your 25 mg dose?

How often are you taking it?

Timing: AM, PM with or without food?

This product's dosing is ~0.5 mg

https://shop.thelong...spermidine-life

Ingredients:

• Wheat germ extract with a high spermidine content
  • Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (capsule shell)

Spermidine content: 1.1 - 1.3 mg spermidine per gram of wheat germ extract

SPERMIDINELIFE ® is a herbal and natural product that is suitable for vegetarians. It is lactose-free and with no added sugar and is also suitable for a low-salt and low-calorie diet.

SPERMIDINELIFE ® contains gluten and is not suitable for people with gluten intolerances or wheat allergies.

The recommended daily dose should not be exceeded. Dietary supplements are no substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store dry, away from heat and light and away from children.

Recommended use:

• One pack of SPERMIDINELIFE® contains 60 capsules (24g.), which is enough for one month.
  • Take 2 capsules (á 400 mg wheat germ extract) daily with liquid with a meal

TLL The Longevity Labs GmbH
Kratkystraße 2, 8020 Graz, Austria
+43 (0) 316 25 85 77
www.thelongevitylabs.com
www.spermidinelife.com

#12 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

How did you determine your 25 mg dose?

How often are you taking it?

Timing: AM, PM with or without food?

I take resveratrol with other things as a senolytic several times a month (which I reported on in my stem cell thread). I use spermidine with it to eliminate the joint pain I would otherwise get from resveratrol, though most don't have this problem. The 25 mg is approximately what a Swedish study found as the average intake for adolescents (they suggested that adult requirements might be lower). I've taken 10-100 mg, but I found the larger doses to be unnecessary. The half life is reported to be around 4 days.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 13 April 2019 - 06:48 PM.

• Informative x 1

#13 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:25 AM

im already using wheat germ for the spermidine. it has the highest content, and i believe a cup of it is about 100mg. i still dont know what to feel from it though so i know it works or not. im thinking of trying straight spermidine and see if there is something noticeable. why do you think higher dose wouldnt be of much use? im thinking of taking minimum 100mg. do you notice anything more than joint help from using it? the studies i read just mention life extension but do not explain in what way exactly. what should one expect to experience from taking it for a long time? something that i can try to keep my mind on

• Ill informed x 1

#14 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

what about this, Polyamines can enhance the permeability of the blood–brain barrier.[8]  https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2694617/

should it be a concern or possibly therapeutic since you can have supplements bypass the BBB easier?

#15 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:32 AM

im already using wheat germ for the spermidine. it has the highest content, and i believe a cup of it is about 100mg. 

100 mg/cup is far higher than has been reported. This paper says it has 242 mg/kg. Since a cup of wheat germ weights about 115 grams, the spermidine content in your cup is about 29 mg.

• Agree x 2

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:12 AM

yeah but ill switch to the synthetic version. wheat germ contains too much other shit that i dont want. getting this from food is a hassle. im thinking of using at least 100mg, thats a lot of wheat germ. anyway, you dont know how one would know if spermidine is working and doing something? is there some kind of a sign? perhaps feeling better physically or psychologically. that would be neat

Edited by GABAergic, 16 April 2019 - 03:14 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users