• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Curious about your opinion on intermittent fasting verses early morning vegetable smoothie breaking fast.

fasting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LOL

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

Every morning and before bed I drink a vegetable smoothie with fish oil and nuts.

I eat around 4 p.m. only once per day.

I'm curious about the forms opinions and this has been bothering me for over a year now I just can't figure out which would be the healthier option:

Only one bigger smoothie after my one meal for a 18 hour daily intermittent fast.

Or one in the morning, which breaks my fast and makes it short to non-existent because of the multiple breaking's in the day, but delivering more consistent nutrients throughout the day.

I know that your body can only absorb a certain amount of vitamins at one time, so the two smoothie per day seems like a better idea but I can't get over the fact that it makes intermittent fasting impossible because of the two breaks instead of one.

#2 LOL

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:32 AM

Sorry for the grammar errors guys I typed this using voice to text.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:28 AM

This is an excellent question.

Where this leads in my mind, is to the question -- what defines "healthiest"? Are you strictly looking to improve the confidence level of living a longer life as compared with say an animal model or theoretical model?  Or, is there more of a day-to-day nuance that factors into the loss function?

If you were tracking say, sleep, mood, activity, etc, and you slept better, felt better, and were more active when you had breakfast than when you went without, I would find that to be a strong signal.

I tend to wonder about this same sort of scenario myself. I'm crazy enough that I can cut back to just a single nutrient-dense ketogenic meal per day, but I do wonder if it's less optimal than the seemingly tried-and-true 3-meal-a-day small-portioned blue zone-style diet.

Edited by brosci, 23 April 2019 - 06:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 LOL

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, it's really a bummer to think of not having a big broccoli sprout spinach smoothie with nuts and fish oil B12 etcetera in the morning, just to create a fast. :( I wish somebody had a better answer than we could surmise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users