• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Hurting my brain? Should My Stack be adjusted?

stress anxiety nootropics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goodlife

• 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

Hey everyone,

Briefly I am a morning News Reporter. I wake up at 2am and I am at work by 3:30am and on television by 4:30am. 

What makes AM reporting different than PM reporting is- I have to gather information and write a script minutes while a PM reporter has a few hours. 

It's a feat I'm able to accomplish, however, it's stressful. So I formulated a stack I take each morning. What are your thoughts? Am I taking too much? Am I taking too little? Is there something I am taking that has no affect on stress? Thanks!

500mg L-Carnosine 
2,250mg Aniracetam 
1,000mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine
500mg Udine Monophsophate
120mg Gotu Kola Extract
900mg L-Theanine 
2,000mg Reishi 
750mg GABA
750mg L-Tyrosine
400mg Alpha GPC
Thinking about adding Relora

#2 goodlife

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:43 AM

Looks alright but theanine dosage is very high, probably unnecessary to take so much. 200 - 400 mg / day should be enough.

Personally I find L-tyrosine to make me more stressed and a bit agitated, but if it doesn't have that effect on you then no problem.

#4 Oakman

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

Welcome goodlife from Bean Town! I'd love to be able to give you some great recommendations, but it's not that easy. I've noticed new posters often start with needing ideas on a specific health issue, right off the bat. The problem is, "It depends."

You do have an interesting list of supplements, but there are many facets to their effects. If I were trying to find additions/alternatives I would ask myself things like,  "Why do I take any (each) of them?" I'm guessing you know/remember, maybe review research on each one (again) to make sure it's still relevant. 2nd, assess your own current health issues (besides stress if any), then research for what current studies show might help. How about exercise? A lot, or a little, or not at all? Do you use exercise to try to relieve stress? 

Personally, I believe stress and inflammation are two issues of major importance to anyone interested in their own good health and longevity. Measuring body stress is difficult, but there is hope. For example, I work towards improving my Heart Rate Variability (HRV) score. It doesn't give a complete or perfectly translatable bodily stress metric, but it does give you something close (a number) that you can measure on a daily basis and see if therapies (like supplements, meditation, diet, exercise, etc.) work over time. So whereas measurement of daily HRV is a simple one minute task (say with an smartphone app like 'HRV4 Training), the challenge is to improve your score by reducing stress by whatever means. It's challenging, so always a fun game. Report back on what you find works. We're all stressed one way or another!

Edited by Oakman, 27 April 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#5 goodlife

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:51 PM

Looks alright but theanine dosage is very high, probably unnecessary to take so much. 200 - 400 mg / day should be enough.

Personally I find L-tyrosine to make me more stressed and a bit agitated, but if it doesn't have that effect on you then no problem.

Theanine is definitely high. I take about 400 mg an hour before i go into work. Then I chew on a 150mg tablet before each live shot... I have several live shots a day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 11:20 AM

That's a lot of Aniracetam

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stress, anxiety, nootropics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users