* * * * * 1 votes

Halting Parkinson's

parkinsons nilotinib cerebrolysin

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Doubleup

• 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

Hello, with early onset Parkinson’s and early stage symptoms I am looking for both a daily routine and potentially alternative “cycles” to slow progression and potentially help clear Alpha-synuclein.

I have researched a bunch and it seems overwhelming at times. I am not currently looking for palliative aids like L-Dopa, I am more interested in actual treatments help to slow progression. 

Besides improving my diet and exercising regularly, I have tried Cerebrolysin in cycles which does improve some cognitive performance on the short term and am considering trying a cycle of Nilotinib however was hoping for more info from the trials going on.

Does anyone have any advice on daily or other alternative cycles to adopt or try?

#2 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

I read elsewhere on longecity that magnesium and curcumin help with clearing a-synuclein. I'm also interested in other potential remedies.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

If you are on early stages of prakinsons, I would run Dihexa, Cerebrolysin and 9-Me-Bc.   You actually have a chance of 'curing' it.  Stop the progress, reverse it and continue to fight it off.   If you are willing to use dihexa, many people won't.  I suggest using CBD also!  I am on dihexa currently (I am still breathing)

Edited by Rorororo, 28 April 2019 - 03:58 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4 Doubleup

• Topic Starter
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:44 AM

If you are on early stages of prakinsons, I would run Dihexa, Cerebrolysin and 9-Me-Bc. You actually have a chance of 'curing' it. Stop the progress, reverse it and continue to fight it off. If you are willing to use dihexa, many people won't. I suggest using CBD also! I am on dihexa currently (I am still breathing)

Thank you for the insight! I have some dihexa ordered however was hoping to find some good info on dosing and administration. The DSMO route sounds like pain wish it could just be injected.

#5 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:57 AM

You can inject it with DMSO.  In fact, it's currently under trail with the name "ndx-1017" it is injected sub q.  DMSO is a solvent, you mix dihexa with DMSO then inject it.  I recommend buying a sterile vial, mixing large amounts at a time for future injections.  I also recommend I.M injection (buttocks) with a 25 gauge hypodermic needle.  

• Informative x 1

#6 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

9-Me-Bc is a pretty good suggestion, which I definitively think you should look into - in case you haven't, it's basically a neurogenic with the very specific target of causing growth of Dopaminergic neurons, while also slowing inflammatory compounds.

You can inject it with DMSO.  In fact, it's currently under trail with the name "ndx-1017" it is injected sub q.  DMSO is a solvent, you mix dihexa with DMSO then inject it.  I recommend buying a sterile vial, mixing large amounts at a time for future injections.  I also recommend I.M injection (buttocks) with a 25 gauge hypodermic needle.  

He doesn't need to use DMSO if he's going to inject it - DMSO in itself is complicated to use, since the slightest mistake will make DMSO pick up pollutants and put them in your body. (washing skin, washing all of the utilities, even when brand new, et c)

There may not be a need for that though, since Dihexa is orally bioavailable - he could even try sublingual at first, and see if that's enough.

Edited by Mind_Paralysis, 01 May 2019 - 04:11 PM.

• Informative x 1

#7 Hip

• 2,356 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:31 PM

There are a number of studies that indicate the antioxidant N-acetyl-cysteine slows the progression of Parkinson's. I gave this to my father who has the symptoms of early Parkinson's such as hand shaking, and within a few months, taking 600 mg once daily reduced the shaking to the point where it was no longer noticeable. Twice daily dosing would be better, but it's hard to get my father to take meds.

Another excellent supplement for Parkinson's may be the spin trap antioxidant called tempol, which is one of the very few antioxidants easily able to get into mitochondria. It's very hard to obtain, and has to be kept cold during transport and storage, but is available here. I know one person who used tempol for Parkinson's and it had great effects.

Recently it has been shown that Parkinson's patients have a enterovirus infection in the neurons of their brainstem. This enterovirus is probably coxsackievirus B. I would wager that in the near future, we will prove that Parkinson's actually is caused by chronic coxsackievirus B infection of the brainstem. In other words, I think in the future Parkinson's will be considered a disease caused by chronic low-level brain infection.

There are no effective antivirals at present for coxsackievirus B, but two new antivirals that target this virus are due to hit the market within a two years. These antiviral drugs were developed by the Rega Institute, but are now being brought to market by a Swiss pharmaceutical company, and are called Rega Compound A and Rega Compound 17.  

Thus is possible that when these new antiviral drugs become available, Parkinson's will become a very treatable and possibly curable condition. That's not a generally accepted view in the medical profession, but I personally subscribe to Prof Paul Ewald's hypothesis that most chronic diseases of currently unknown etiology will turn out to be caused by infections pathogens in common circulation.

My own chronic illness, myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), is also linked to coxsackievirus B (as well as other viruses), and in my case it was coxsackievirus B4 which started my ME/CFS. So I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of these new coxsackievirus B drugs, which I think will greatly improve or even cure my ME/CFS.

When this Coxsackie B4 virus hit our household, I developed ME/CFS, my father developed suspected Parkinson's, and my mother developed Sjogren's — all are diseases linked to coxsackievirus B.

If you had any flu-like illnesses, gastrointestinal illnesses or viral sore throats in recent years just before your Parkinson's symptoms appeared, that's when you may have caught coxsackievirus B (as these are the normal acute symptoms CVB causes).

Most enteroviruses are not able to cause chronic persistent infections, but certain enteroviruses like coxsackievirus B and echovirus can form long-term intracellular infections in cells (called non-cytolytic enterovirus infections). The immune system is often not able to clear these low-level intracellular CVB infections, and the infection may then lead to various diseases. 

Edited by Hip, 01 May 2019 - 11:40 PM.

• Informative x 4

#8 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

9-Me-Bc is a pretty good suggestion, which I definitively think you should look into - in case you haven't, it's basically a neurogenic with the very specific target of causing growth of Dopaminergic neurons, while also slowing inflammatory compounds.

He doesn't need to use DMSO if he's going to inject it - DMSO in itself is complicated to use, since the slightest mistake will make DMSO pick up pollutants and put them in your body. (washing skin, washing all of the utilities, even when brand new, et c)

There may not be a need for that though, since Dihexa is orally bioavailable - he could even try sublingual at first, and see if that's enough.

DMSO is a solvent, that is correct.  Make sure what ever you mix dihexa with, has solubility with dihexa.  Look in the dissertation from 2010, it lists the liquids they used and their corresponding solubility with dihexa.  

• Good Point x 1

#9 The Capybara

• 196 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

You may want to look at fisetin. There are preliminary reports that this can help with Parkinson's.

I take 200mg twice a day. I'm not taking it for this indication, but it appears to be safe and is now pretty widely available on the net.

It's the only flavonoid related compound that I've ever taken that subjectively seems to do anything.

It helps greatly with my IBS (interesting considering the theory that gut flora and Parkinson's go hand in hand) and the quality of my sleep.

If you try this, please do keep me posted!

See: https://www.michaelj...hp?grant_id=322

Edited by The Capybara, 09 May 2019 - 09:18 PM.

• Informative x 1

#10 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

Checking in, how is dihexa treating you?

#11 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:04 PM

If you are on early stages of prakinsons, I would run Dihexa, Cerebrolysin and 9-Me-Bc.   You actually have a chance of 'curing' it.  Stop the progress, reverse it and continue to fight it off.   If you are willing to use dihexa, many people won't.  I suggest using CBD also!  I am on dihexa currently (I am still breathing)

I am curious about this as well - what are your effects from Dihexa? Does it taper off? Why were you taking it, btw? Traumatic brain-injury?

#12 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:00 AM

My wife has parkinson's, diagnosed about 2012, I think, and she says that she has had symptoms (except tremor) since 2006.

It has been difficult to get her medications and supplements under control, especially since she had had a heart attack just prior to being diagnosed, and she did extremely poorly on statins, as well as the medication (Amantadine) that they gave her to try initially.  I'm not sure why she wasn't on carbidopa/levodopa, which she takes now.  Anyway, I have learned a few things along the way.

One thing that I think is excellent, and would recommend, is taking a combination of Alpha Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine.  I started my wife on this and it improved her mental acuity about 300% in my estimation.  For instance, she was to the state that she couldn't balance her checkbook, or do any of the genealogy research that she had done previously, and has been able to pick that back up after starting this protocol.

The rationale for this is from a paper:     https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20414966

Combined R-alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitine exerts efficient preventative effects in a cellular model of Parkinson's disease.

Abstract

Mitochondrial dysfunction and oxidative damage are highly involved in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease (PD). Some mitochondrial antioxidants/nutrients that can improve mitochondrial function and/or attenuate oxidative damage have been implicated in PD therapy. However, few studies have evaluated the preventative effects of a combination of mitochondrial antioxidants/nutrients against PD, and even fewer have sought to optimize the doses of the combined agents. The present study examined the preventative effects of two mitochondrial antioxidant/nutrients, R-alpha-lipoic acid (LA) and acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC), in a chronic rotenone-induced cellular model of PD. We demonstrated that 4-week pretreatment with LA and/or ALC effectively protected SK-N-MC human neuroblastoma cells against rotenone-induced mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative damage and accumulation of alpha-synuclein and ubiquitin. Most notably, we found that when combined, LA and ALC worked at 100-1000-fold lower concentrations than they did individually. We also found that pretreatment with combined LA and ALC increased mitochondrial biogenesis and decreased production of reactive oxygen species through the up-regulation of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alpha as a possible underlying mechanism. This study provides important evidence that combining mitochondrial antioxidant/nutrients at optimal doses might be an effective and safe prevention strategy for PD.

We are giving her 100 mg of the Alpha Lipoic Acid and 1,000 mg of the Acetyl-L-Carnitine.  (I wouldn't be against suggesting this twice a day, if one would want to).  I think it would be protective especially if started in the early stages and carried through. 

Note what they said about it being 100 to 1000 times more effective when taken together than either taken separately.  Take them together.

Also, it must be the Acetyl form of L-Carnitine.

Good luck.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:11 AM

I would also say that she has found that CBD has helped quite a bit.  It seems to reduce anxiety particularly, and she is able to lengthen the time between doses of carbidopa/levodopa when she takes it between doses, so it does seem to be doing something.

When she took it at the same time as the carbidopa/levodopa, it seemed to interfere with the uptake of the medication, presumably, and she found that she had to take it separately, maybe an hour after taking the other medication.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parkinsons, nilotinib, cerebrolysin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users