Best GAINER WITHOUT bullshit additives?

gainer ectomorph anorexia underweight supplements food calories

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Hey guys,

looking for recommendations for a gainer that ACTUALLY works (I'm underweight and working hard on increasing calorie intake. I have stomach issues and non-dysmorphia related anorexia issues)

HOWEVER

I notice a lot of gainers have other bullshit ingredients that I don't want. For example, beta alanine and taurine.

Basically I don't want stuff in there that are brain supplements. I just want a normal fuckin gainer with complex carbs, simple carbs, mixed proteins. WHATEVER. As long as it doesn't have Taurine, Glycine, Beta Alanine, or any wierd neuroactive stuff that is UNNECESSARY in a gainer. Also not really looking for any special flashy ingredients. 

If you know of something please let me know!

Even if there are a couple weird ingredients still let me know or maybe send me ingredients list so I can have a lookover and decide if it's for me. 

Like I have this huge tub of gainer that i bought years ago when i was caught off guard and it's full of beta alanine and taurine and a bunch of neruoactive stuff that makes me literally stupid and slow (and I know this for a fact because I have taken those things by themselves and they give me the exact same effect in pure form). 

#2 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Make your own.  There are a number of bulk powder suppliers that offer a large variety of complex carb and simple carb powders along with a large variety of protein powders and other ingredients.  Some will mix the powders to your specifications or better yet, buy the individual powders that interest you and tweak the formula as you go.  Mix the powders with fruit and/or veggies in a blender to make calorie dense smoothies.  The old time bodybuilders would mix their protein shakes with heavy whipping cream to increase calorie density with good results (some swore by it including some of the old well known trainers).  Be creative and there is no limit to possibilities.  You will have to determine which ingredients your digestive system can tolerate and in what quantities.  Or you can use the poor man method and buy simple ingredients at the local market such as corn starch and dextrose for carb powders, Greek yogurt for protein (or raw eggs if adventurous... in years of raw eggs, I've never had a problem but YMMV), heavy whipping cream for calories, and fruit for carbs and flavor.  If you don't mind a little chewy mouth feel, you can use dry oatmeal as a carb source by pulverizing the dry oatmeal in the blender before adding the other ingredients.  There is no end of possibilities with a little imagination.

A couple of bulk powder suppliers (of many) I have used (you can probably find ingredient sources also on Amazon):

https://truenutrition.com/

https://www.bulksupplements.com/

https://purebulk.com/

Edit: One tip... mix all the dry powder ingredients thoroughly first by dry shaking in a appropriate plastic container and you will have less issues with any clumping of the powders or lumps.  You can also mix the ingredients for multiple shakes in advance this way (and storing in sandwich bags) to save time and convenience later.

Edited by Hebbeh, 23 April 2019 - 06:59 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gainer, ectomorph, anorexia, underweight, supplements, food, calories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users