Photo

Osteopenia, high CRP, why? Help me make sense of my labtests

labtest blood test osteopenia appendicitis laboratory results interpretation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

Hi, so i've had my health checked by a healthclinic during my trip in India. Help me find out what's wrong with me and how to fix it. Here is my labtest:

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Some things to consider while reading my healthreport:

- I travelled to India from Holland without being vaccinated, i got that done on the 3rd of my stay but.. vaccines take up to 3 weeks to give adequate protection. I wasn't feeling too good during my stay, occasional diarrhoea or loose stools, feeling weak tired and irritated, itches, headaches.

- My b12 result is within the reference range but, i was taking one b12 pill a day for about two weeks then stopped taking it a few days before getting tested.

-The doctor thought my appendix had to get removed, i did not follow his advice and asked for antibiotics after reading up on appendicitis.

-in the bone density test machine the physician entered me as an asian, which maybe isnt very accurate since i'm from middle eastern heritage?

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

CRP is not that high, and could have many causes. With an inflamed appendix really not that unusual.

What kind of vaccine did you get? I'm asking because I've very long in India and never got any vaccination.

Osteopenia can have many causes, for example celiac disease or steroid use, and deficiencies.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nickdino

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:58 AM

The vaccine shots are described on the first page: tdap, typhoid, chickenpox, influenza.
They take a few weeks to fully settle in. Good for you, are you indian?
So after looking at my labtests couldn't one home in on the cause of the osteopenia diagnosis? I dont use steroids, and no celiac disease as far as i know.

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

, are you indian?

Not at all, Austrian. Even more unlikely causes in your case would be cushing syndrome, alcoholism, overuse of caffeine or protein deficiency.

Other deficiencies are for example Vitamin D (95%), Calcium (49%), Vitamin K2, Magnesium (61%), DHA and/or Potassium (in brackets estimated percentage of adults 19 and older with dietary intakes below the estimated average requirement for example in the US).

Now with this test you seem to have sufficient vitamin D. But it doesn't tell for how long already. In my case it took 2 years of vitamin D sufficiency, to bring serum calcium levels up to normal range.  Also the body usually tries to maintain serum electrolyte levels in the normal range at all costs, therefore serum levels don't really tell that much from where it came (usually bones). And again, for proper vitamin D metabolism magnesium, vitamin K+A, zinc, boron would be needed too. All usually not tested for.

So after looking at my labtests couldn't one home in on the cause of the osteopenia diagnosis?

Conventional medicine tests for diseases, and once it finds chronic conditions it prescribes for life and has procedures for symptoms. It is overall a very profitable business model. It doesn't test that deep or look for contributing causes, for obvious reasons.

For looking deeper for causes one has buy more tests usually not covered by insurance. For example in your case at least RBC magnesium, adrenal and thyroid hormones (freeT3 + fT4), vitamin A and Zinc. For other nutrients it's way much affordable to right away supplement. As for example vitamin K2. For which the following page, though commercial by selling vitamin K2, has amassed loads of research just about its relation to bone health: http://www.k-vitamin...x.php?page=Bone

Edited by pamojja, 29 April 2019 - 09:44 AM.

#5 nickdino

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for your reply, i agree with you on the symptom cashing system of western healthcare, its bad, what to do? I wanted to get magnesium tested but i found the price unreasonably high, and the osteopenia could be because my vit-d was low for a long time.
Adrenal and thyroid i did have tested.
T3=0.79, T4=7.17, TSH=2.03

Another thing that worries me is that my iron is on the low side and it has been like that for at least one year.

Could it be that the osteopenia, the low iron, and whatever else is off lead to one cause?

Edited by nickdino, 29 April 2019 - 06:11 PM.

#6 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

That is not free t3 and t4, which would be more telling. Also didn't saw a cortisol, DHEAs, or even sex hormones.

Another thing that worries me is that my iron is on the low side and it has been like that for at least one year.

On the contrary, I would feel uncomfortable with such a high ferritin (stored iron) of almost 200. Though that may be that high because of inflammation.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

That is not free t3 and t4, which would be more telling. Also didn't saw a cortisol, DHEAs, or even sex hormones.

On the contrary, I would feel uncomfortable with such a high ferritin (stored iron) of almost 200. Though that may be that high because of inflammation.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: labtest, blood test, osteopenia, appendicitis, laboratory results, interpretation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users