Tensed glabellar muscle

elevens wrinkles glabellar muscle tensed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taraxacum

• Registrant
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

Hi everyone, new member here from the Netherlands. Very excited to be on this forum!

So here goes my first question: I would like to know if anyone has some tips about the dreaded elevens. I have always had a raised eyebrow on my left side, and six months ago I was researching and I stumbled upon a post about someone who managed to relax all their face mucles by regular massage in the area (without botox). I was so enthusiastic about the idea. So I started massaging the area for hours without any moisuriser and using rough movements to the point where my skin would hurt between my eyebrow (I think I broke it or something). Anyway, I stopped for a while and a month ago I started noticing a line (which I guess I always had but was barely noticeable before) between my eyebrows. I know I am obsessing in a very unhealthy way because when I look at my face, it is is all I see, but I am feeling so bad about the way I treated my skin and not taking any precautions (like moisturiser, gentle movements, etc).

Anyway, it feels like the line is the result of the left glabellar muscle above the eyebrow being constantly tensed. I am trying to apply heat on it, which works for a few seconds but the line is still there. The muscle does not seem to want to relax. I am applying moisturiser again which I have neglected for a long time to see if it will help, and will try to improve my diet, but any tips and advice would be apprecated. I am thinking for example of trying acupuncture (I already do it for another reason, but maybe I will ask my acupuncturist to try to do something about  it.)

Thank you!

#2 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:51 AM

Don't worry. It is probably caused by anxiety. Probably no one else even notices it. The more you worry the more you tense it. Try anti anxiety supplements and then if YOU still notice it try something else.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Taraxacum

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for the advice. I am not a big fan of anxiety pills l will try to find a more natural alternative and will see what happens
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users