TUDCA question

tudca fake tudca

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

I got suspicious-looking and tasteless TUDCA and am wondering if it should act as emulsifier. The stuff  dissolves in water, as it should, and not sure about oil (suspension vs solution -?). But I mixed it with a bit of water and oil (just plain cheap canola) and it did not act as an emulsifier; i.e. water and oil remained separate, even as I was adding more powder to the mix.

Q: could you please try to mix a bit of your TUDCA in a bit of water + oil and see what happens -?

thanks

and yeah, I'm doing it in lieu of sending it out to a lab proper (and I don't have real TUDCA on hand to compare)

Edited by xEva, 05 May 2019 - 07:18 PM.

#2 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:45 AM

where did you get your tudca from? i have none right now to tell you anything but i used to get it from nutricost on amazon. not sure how good quality that was but im thinking of ordering again in the future and im curious to compare and see if its the same as yours

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:21 AM

Nutricost was good. This time I wanted to save some money and got lured by 'highest quality' by Olympia Solutions. I suspect it's a scam. Imagine, the stuff came with 2 inserts, one of which promised 90% discount (!) off my next order if I leave a positive review on their amazon site by May 7. That's how, I figured, they managed to amass enough positive reviews to keep this scam alive. I'm pretty sure they'll refund my money and keep on going.

I asked about TUDCA above, coz I wanted to give them the benefit of a doubt.

Edited by xEva, 06 May 2019 - 02:35 AM.

• Informative x 1

#4 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:21 PM

wow they have such high ratings. i would like to buy them too now just seeing the ratings. nice job they have done on this department. unfortunately there is no way to ever know if you are getting good quality TUDCA since as far as i know there is no test for it. even nutricost, i just went by the strange smell thinking thats how the taurine should smell. hopefully someone else responds and gives us more insight into what true tudca is

#5 Blueflash

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:27 PM

TUDCA seems to have a strong chemical smell, kinda like acetone

#6 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:44 AM

pure acetone has fruity smell

but if you have tudca, could you please do me a favor (I'm still waiting for the delivery of the real thing):

dissolve some in water (just a bit of water, make a strong solution) and then add to it a bit or veg. oil, while mixing.

It should form an emulsion, in theory at least.

pretty please? 

anybody?

in the meantime I made some inquiries and the FTIR test is $250. The seller keeps insisting it's a real thing and is withholding my $. I asked for the certificate of analysis, and he replied:

A Certificate of Analysis for the product from the batch number you purchased can be obtained upon request. However due to security regulations we cannot email certificates of analysis but can send them through the regular mail.

-WTF? This really is starting to get under my skin.

#7 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:05 AM

why use lab or require his certificate of analyses when you can buy other TUDCA and compare the quality easy. of course having a reliable lab analyses is the definitive way to know what and how much exactly you are ingesting but the price is not comfortable to deal. i can help out by ordering the nutricost one and report on what you suggested to test, but it wont be a while and i think you need to deal with this sooner than later. why not try reddit for this im certain people will know more.

#8 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

Rather than sending the cert. of analysis they chose to refund me $ instead.

And their claim that the cert. of analysis cannot be emailed "due to security", this sounds like BS, no?

Next week or so I'll get TUDCA from another source and will play with it re emulsion, just for the future ref.

Do you guys think I should email amazon about these crooks or should I just drop it?

I feel sorry for the people who are duped into this scam.

The problem is, one has to jump through so many hoops just to report it.

#9 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Real Tudca tastes bad. If yours was tasteless, then it likely wasn't Tudca. I've tried a few sources, and they all taste the same awful way.

#10 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

Real Tudca tastes bad. If yours was tasteless, then it likely wasn't Tudca. I've tried a few sources, and they all taste the same awful way.

i read reviews about nutricost people complaining of the smell but havent seen one relation to taste since i assume people dont just open the caps to taste them. so i guess its a good source of tudca then? but i want to ask, do you know of any specific brand you believe is the most reliable??

#11 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

so I got the real stuff and ran some tests to compare. Just in case you may need it you can do it too :)

The real stuff is of course very bitter and its texture is somewhat sticky. And it does form an emulsion when mixed with water and oil. You gotta keep stirring it, and it forms a sticky paste that clings to a ceramic surface (on which I mixed it).

The fake stuff has the texture of fine starch, almost like talcum (i.e. it tends to be repelled from skin rather than stick to it). It does not form the emulsion no matter how long you keep stirring it.

But the ultimate test turned out the simplest. It's the one for starch: a drop of highly diluted iodine tincture turns very dark blue on starch. And here it is

Attached File  tudca_test.jpg   140.33KB   1 downloads

The light yellow drop on the right is the diluted iodine on the real tudca (the color remained unchanged).

The dark blue on the left is the fake stuff (guessing it's finely milled rice flour)

The amazing part is that amazon did nothing to this seller, even though it's been almost 2 weeks since I reported them. They are still in the business, and their ratings are high.  Buyer beware!

• Informative x 1

#12 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

what is your source of real TUDCA??

#13 xEva

• Topic Starter
  • 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:49 AM

this time I got it from amazon in Canada, also saw it on ebay, as powder, not in capsules.

not sure the savings were worth it, so next time I'll go back to Nutricost.

• Unfriendly x 1

#14 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:11 AM

i see. i was in hope you brought nutricost and know for sure they are genuine. i guess ill wait a bit longer to make sure.

btw for what reason are you using tudca if i may ask?

#15 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:48 AM

Xeva, which is the reliable good quality TUDCA

#16 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:51 PM

xeva, did you finally purchase nutricost tudca and how is it working out for you so far?

#17 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:45 PM

Are you using the TUDCA for liver enzymes and did you get pre and post blood work?

TUDCA is 100% AMAZING for liver health. I get tested a few times thoughout the year and when I am not on TUDCA my liver values climb to just over being boarderline high. One TUDCA my values are rock solid perfect. My doctor is amazed at my liver values because sometimes it's high and other times its perfect. I don't take it 365 days a year even though I should as I take substances that raise my liver values.

Its one of those things that you take it and it makes you healthier but you don't feel lany different at all. It only shows up in blood panels.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:45 PM

Are you using the TUDCA for liver enzymes and did you get pre and post blood work?

TUDCA is 100% AMAZING for liver health. I get tested a few times thoughout the year and when I am not on TUDCA my liver values climb to just over being boarderline high. One TUDCA my values are rock solid perfect. My doctor is amazed at my liver values because sometimes it's high and other times its perfect. I don't take it 365 days a year even though I should as I take substances that raise my liver values.

Its one of those things that you take it and it makes you healthier but you don't feel lany different at all. It only shows up in blood panels.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tudca, fake tudca

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users