neuropathic pain pain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hadasa

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

hi,

i'm 70 years old, i have pain in my feet. i'm not diabetic but the doctor says it's  a nerves problem. all the medicine i tried didn't help. same things with supplements.

i tried curcumine, alpha-lipoic acid, and many others. which i still do take them, but they do not help at all. recently i found this page https://examine.com/...uropathic-pain/

but the dose seems high (2g). specially for my age.

should i try it? on that dose too? im thinking maybe 250mg per day, since that's the dosage i found at the local health store product.

the pain is in this area : http://footsolutions...tarsalagia1.jpg

thanks.

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:47 PM

Are you taking either statins or resveratrol?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hadasa

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

hi Turnbuckle. i remember you from a post here a year ago from another account, but i got locked out of that account (hesa). thank you very much.

i have been on and off statin(lipitor) for maybe 6-8 years. but mostly off. and when i was on, it would be 10 or 20mg, mostly 10mg.

i only recently took resveratrol, around 2 months ago. only 60mg, sourced from grape skin, not that japanese plant. but the foot pain started 3 years ago. so i don't think it is related to the issue.

also recently i started to take nicotinamide riboside 150mg, combined with 50mg pterostilbene. but i also don't think they are related. since they didnt make things worse or better.

thanks.

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 01:10 PM

hi Turnbuckle. i remember you from a post here a year ago from another account, but i got locked out of that account (hesa). thank you very much.

i have been on and off statin(lipitor) for maybe 6-8 years. but mostly off. and when i was on, it would be 10 or 20mg, mostly 10mg.

i only recently took resveratrol, around 2 months ago. only 60mg, sourced from grape skin, not that japanese plant. but the foot pain started 3 years ago. so i don't think it is related to the issue.

also recently i started to take nicotinamide riboside 150mg, combined with 50mg pterostilbene. but i also don't think they are related. since they didnt make things worse or better.

thanks.

Statins at your age will generally increase your overall chance of dying. They are known to cause peripheral neuropathy, and peripheral neuropathy has been linked to mitochondrial damage. The damage it does to mitochondria can last for years. Thus when doctors take you off of it and don't see any change, they will often make the wrong assumption that statins didn't cause it. I had such damage and got rid of it with a protocol that enhances the body's own quality control mechanism. See this post.*

As for the actual danger from cholesterol, look at Fig. 1 in this paper. In your age range, and if you have a systolic pressure that is less than 140, then your chance of dying in ten years from all causes is lower if you have a "high" total cholesterol of > 5.5 mmol/L (212.7 mg/dL). In fact, your chance of dying is half that of those with a total cholesterol below that. And if you look at Fig. 2, you'll find that the higher the cholesterol for women, the better. Statins are being sold on a fraction of this data based on relative risks for younger people that don't have a high risk to begin with. Thus it's a scam.

*A link to the latest protocol can always be found on my profile page.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 08 May 2019 - 01:16 PM.

• like x 1

#5 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:22 PM

Statins at your age will generally increase your overall chance of dying. They are known to cause peripheral neuropathy, and peripheral neuropathy has been linked to mitochondrial damage. The damage it does to mitochondria can last for years.

I am thinking of trying this protocol https://www.longecit...an-combination/ which involves using 10mg of statins for 30 days at a time.

I am worried about the statins possibly causing more harm than good, however. Any thoughts or ideas around that? I've tried to check to see whether I have any of the known SNPs which would indicate problems with statins and don't find any so far (although many of them don't appear in genotypes I have).

#6 hadasa

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

Statins at your age will generally increase your overall chance of dying. They are known to cause peripheral neuropathy, and peripheral neuropathy has been linked to mitochondrial damage. The damage it does to mitochondria can last for years. Thus when doctors take you off of it and don't see any change, they will often make the wrong assumption that statins didn't cause it. I had such damage and got rid of it with a protocol that enhances the body's own quality control mechanism. See this post.*

As for the actual danger from cholesterol, look at Fig. 1 in this paper. In your age range, and if you have a systolic pressure that is less than 140, then your chance of dying in ten years from all causes is lower if you have a "high" total cholesterol of > 5.5 mmol/L (212.7 mg/dL). In fact, your chance of dying is half that of those with a total cholesterol below that. And if you look at Fig. 2, you'll find that the higher the cholesterol for women, the better. Statins are being sold on a fraction of this data based on relative risks for younger people that don't have a high risk to begin with. Thus it's a scam.

*A link to the latest protocol can always be found on my profile page.

thank you so much for the help.

your protocol seems to be extreme, specially for someone my age.

Day 1-2: Fission/mitophagy

Morning

Nicotinamide (NAD+) — 2g 

Ribose (NAD+) — 2g

Jiaogulan leaf (AMPK activator) — 1g

Apigenin (fission) — 100mg

Fisetin (Sirt1 activator) — 100mg

Evening

Jiaogulan leaf — 500mg

Fisetin — 100 mg

Day 3: Fission/mitophagy

Morning & Evening

Jiaogulan leaf  — 500mg

Fisetin — 100 mg

Day 4: Fusion/biogenesis

Morning

Stearic acid (fusion) — 10 g (cook into brownies and take 3 hours before other ingredients, see notes below)

Leucine (biogenesis) — 5g

PQQ (biogenesis) — 20mg

Hydroxytyrosol (biogenesis & antioxidant) — 25mg

Vitamin B complex (commercial mix)

Evening

Leucine — 5g (cook into 

PQQ — 20mg

Hydroxytyrosol — 25mg

Day 5: Fusion/biogenesis

Morning & evening

Leucine  — 5g

PQQ  — 20mg

Hydroxytyrosol  — 25mg

i feel my liver would shut off if i take half of these. can i take some of them?

- isn't Stearic acid bad for you, even at small level? let alone 5g?

- i couldn't find Hydroxytyrosol, can i take olive leaf extract instead (18% Oleuropein)?

- by Nicotinamide  do you mean Niacinamide or Nicotinamide Riboside?

- the only Apigenin i could find was 1.5mg from a chamomile extract. not 100mg

thanks for your help

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

thank you so much for the help.

your protocol seems to be extreme, specially for someone my age.

i feel my liver would shut off if i take half of these. can i take some of them?

- isn't Stearic acid bad for you, even at small level? let alone 5g?

- i couldn't find Hydroxytyrosol, can i take olive leaf extract instead (18% Oleuropein)?

- by Nicotinamide  do you mean Niacinamide or Nicotinamide Riboside?

- the only Apigenin i could find was 1.5mg from a chamomile extract. not 100mg

thanks for your help

I designed it for myself at 185 lbs, so feel free to cut it back on a weight basis. Hydroxytyrosol is available from Amazon, at least in the US, but you could leave it off if you can't find it. Oleuropein is not a substitute. By Nicotinamide I mean just that. Nicotinamide Riboside is no good for this as it takes hours to digest and get into your system. Apigenin is also available from Amazon in the US. If you can't find it, leave it off. And stearic acid isn't bad for you unless you were to take it every day. If you did take it every day, your mitochondria would always be in fusion, which would prevent the cell's system of quality control from eliminating defective mtDNA, the opposite of what we are doing here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neuropathic pain, pain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users