• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

L-Theanine with Coffee/Caffeine to reduce anxiety effect?

caffeine anxiety

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:17 AM

Hey,

Someone recently told me they counter act the potential anxiety provoking effect of coffee and caffeine by taking L-theanine along side it. 

Has anyone here ever tried it or have any thoughts on this mix?

#2 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:40 AM

I think it definitely helps. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

I think it definitely helps. 

Does it still allow the stimulus effect of the Caffeine without the negative Anxiety effect?

#4 Oakman

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

I often take this combo as a pill before exercise. Benefit of caffeine with no jitters. I also drink coffee that has this in it called "Coffee Blender's Relax Cup". Works for me.

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:35 AM

I often take this combo as a pill before exercise. Benefit of caffeine with no jitters. I also drink coffee that has this in it called "Coffee Blender's Relax Cup". Works for me.

Sounds like good stuff. Do they have the K-cup version?

#6 Oakman

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sounds like good stuff. Do they have the K-cup version?

Not that I know of, their single cup is an ecological paper solution hangs on the coffee cups edges and you pour water through, no machine required. Quite innovative and simple to use.

Edited by Oakman, 10 May 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:14 AM

Not that I know of, their single cup is an ecological paper solution hangs on the coffee cups edges and you pour water through, no machine required. Quite innovative and simple to use.

I looked into it and it seems like they are the same size as Kcups, the cup version. And maybe they would work with the Keurig machines. I shall have to try it, at the time I have just been adding free L-theanine powder to Coffee. 

#8 Oakman

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

I looked into it and it seems like they are the same size as Kcups, the cup version. And maybe they would work with the Keurig machines. I shall have to try it, at the time I have just been adding free L-theanine powder to Coffee. 

I guarantee you they will not work with a K-cup coffee maker. All you need is a coffee cup (actually a mug works best due to its depth), and hot water to pour in it.

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

I guarantee you they will not work with a K-cup coffee maker. All you need is a coffee cup (actually a mug works best due to its depth), and hot water to pour in it.

I think you misunderstood. Yes, the one you showed me would not work with a Keurig machine, but their website seems to have version that might, unless I am mistaken.

Have a look.

https://coffeeblende...ith-l-theanine/

https://cdn11.bigcom...1787214.jpg?c=2

Edited by TheFountain, 16 May 2019 - 07:43 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Oakman

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

I think you misunderstood. Yes, the one you showed me would not work with a Keurig machine, but their website seems to have version that might, unless I am mistaken.

Have a look.

https://coffeeblende...ith-l-theanine/

https://cdn11.bigcom...1787214.jpg?c=2

That should work! have not seen those before.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine, anxiety

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users