your advice please

stackadvice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

Hi all,

can you see any potential bad interaction among the following supps?

• cordyceps, for general well being, endurance, energy, testosterone preservation

• taurine (2000mg) for focus, general well being and testosterone preservation

• MSM (2000mg) for dry skin and scalp, detox, hay fever

• vit D3 (2000 IU)

• vit K2 (90mcg)

• fish oil (2000mg)

Do you think I could safely add NAC (1200mg) to the mix, for helping with mild OCD and antioxidant benefits?

Thanks
G.

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:33 PM

I use all of them at higher dose, except NAC slightly lower, and didn't experience any bad interaction. However, that doesn't mean much, since everyone is different with different medical history, metabolism, exposures, etc. And an adverse reaction up to an anaphylactic shock could come from any of the 'other ingredients' in a supplement too. Just like from food.

Therefore the safest approach is to start a new supplement always at it lowest dose (so an allergic reaction wouldn't be that severe), and increase slowly over weeks, months and years. Then add the other one by one over the course of time (to make it easier to recognize an offender).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

Thanks mate! Do you think that it is necessary to include vit C as well? I've read that it could enhance MSM and NAC absorption

#4 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

You're asking the wrong person, I'm completely biased about pure ascorbic acid powder. But that's because 10 years I've got a 60% walking-disability from PAD (due to a 80% stenosis at my abdominal aorta bifurcation). Short after starting, as always low and increasing slow, a rush persisting already for 2 year on my back disappeared. Within 1 year, at a time when I reached therapeutic doses of 6 g according to Linus Pauling, my pain-free walking-distance improved 1 hours. Though it took 6 whole years till this walking-disability was completely revoked again. A teaspoon of ascorbic acid in water works against sneezing fits of my seasonal rhinitis like any antihistamine, but without their bad side effects. Meanwhile during these 10 years I already have consumed about 90 kg in total, I'm totally addicted to this stuff.

Therefore better ask someone without so many chronic health issues, making me completely biased.. ;)

But Magnesium is certainly missing.

• like x 1

#5 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

that's very interesting indeed! Since I'm suffering from hay fever, could I add 1/2g of vit C to my stack?

To sum up:

• cordyceps
  • taurine 2g
  • MSM 2g
  • vit D3 2000UI
  • vit K2 90mcg
  • fish oil 2g
  • vit C 1/2g
  • NAC 600/1200mg
  • magnesium

Do you think it could work? I'm wondering if NAC + vit C could have a "too powerful" antioxidant effect

thanks!

thanks!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

that's very interesting indeed! Since I'm suffering from hay fever, could I add 1/2g of vit C to my stack?

Do you think it could work? I'm wondering if NAC + vit C could have a "too powerful" antioxidant effect

For finding the optimal dose, the 'starting low and increasing slow' is meant for. Personally also would monitor blood-work. Doubt 1 or 2 grams of vitamin C would to anything against rhinitis, but good enough as an initial dose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users