• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Damn, this Dietary Cholesterol/Egg thing is still not sure about itself!

eggs cholesterol heart health

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:34 AM

Has anybody posted this study yet?

Here is a link to an article regarding said study. But basically it's going back to the notion that dietary cholesterol is once again bad!

This is why I volley back and forth about eggs, consume them for a couple months then not consume them for a couple months. I have no idea what to think.

What about you guys? Still eating eggs?

https://www.scienced...90315110858.htm

Edited by TheFountain, 16 May 2019 - 06:35 AM.

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:31 AM

As someone developing a kind of CVD and suffering a walking-disability from it after eating absolutely no eggs from age 10 to 41, and after adding eggs and fish back in (along with comprehensive supplementation) experienced even remission from that disability, I wonder if I'm really the only one that thinks with animal based products it is of upmost importance not to consume anything industrially produced.

How else could one avoid all the suffering these tortured animals and their consumers are enduring? All the growth hormone, glyphosate in feed, antibiotics to keep infections in those concentration camps for chickens at bay? How could such eggs ever be healthy?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

FULL TEXT:  http://sci-hub.tw/10.../jama.2019.1572

Edited by APBT, 16 May 2019 - 04:02 PM.

#4 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

As someone developing a kind of CVD and suffering a walking-disability from it after eating absolutely no eggs from age 10 to 41, and after adding eggs and fish back in (along with comprehensive supplementation) experienced even remission from that disability, I wonder if I'm really the only one that thinks with animal based products it is of upmost importance not to consume anything industrially produced.

How else could one avoid all the suffering these tortured animals and their consumers are enduring? All the growth hormone, glyphosate in feed, antibiotics to keep infections in those concentration camps for chickens at bay? How could such eggs ever be healthy?

Was that the Aortic block you spoke about in another post? 

Did you have a chance ti glimpse this study?

Thank you,

is there another discussion on this confusion after this study was released last year? I have not been so active in the past couple years here.

Edited by TheFountain, 16 May 2019 - 07:38 PM.

#5 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

Was that the Aortic block you spoke about in another post? 

Did you have a chance ti glimpse this study?

Yes to both.

#6 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:13 PM

Yes to both.

And your thoughts???

Why don't you agree with it??

For me, I wonder the type of eggs and how they were prepared.

Are we talkin scrambled, hard boiled, fried, soft boiled, etc?

I do think we determined years ago that Soft boiling the egg is the best preparation method to preserve nutrition and non-oxidation.

• Good Point x 1

#7 ryukenden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

I was talking to my wife few weeks ago when I read about the eggs in a news. I told her that the scientists had been still puzzled by the eggs & health issues for decades and they had not been good enough, in my opinion if they could not even solve the eggs' issue. It makes me less hopeful about treatments reversing aging in foreseeable future.

• unsure x 1

#8 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

And your thoughts???

Why don't you agree with it??

For me, I wonder the type of eggs and how they were prepared?

When I got ill it was a mather of life and death to learn to read and verify studies by myself, As a complete scientific laymen, with English my second language only. Actually that was the reason for me to sign up to longecity, because there were many with scientific background from which I could learn how to exactly do that. I'm not interested in convincing anyone of my own opinion of this paper, but in motivating how to evaluate it onself, as if one's own life would dependent on it. You can do that do. And don't take second hand opinion above your own.

For that in the end one only has to learn a few things. Like the difference of various study designs, between corelation and causation, absolute and relative risk, statistical tricks, how even the most peer reviewed studies in top jounals can get it totally wrong, conflict of interest, etc.

In short, this study was only a meta-analysis of discreed observational studies (in themself never able to prove causation), was based on single food-questionares done decades ago and counting the outcome later. No follow up food-questionares, no randomization. Just very thin air.

But your opinion after actually reading and understanding might differ. Since you don't seem to think it matters that we become what we eat (ie. antibiotic, glyphosate, growth-hormone), but how we prepare those poisons.

#9 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

Does cholesterol level matter if you have a zero calcium score?
  • Agree x 1

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:02 AM

^^^ Good question!

#11 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

Does cholesterol level matter if you have a zero calcium score?

In my case been 30 years without eggs, and developed a 80% blocked abdominal aorta. As bad as any very high CAC score. Adding 2 organic daily eggs the last 10 years apparently did matter to improve cholesterol values, and to get rid of the walking-disability:

Attached File  Chol.png   486.89KB   0 downloads

errata: HDL:Trig should actually read Trig:HDL

Edited by pamojja, 18 May 2019 - 10:50 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#12 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

In my case been 30 years without eggs, and developed a 80% blocked abdominal aorta. As bad as any very high CAC score. Adding 2 organic daily eggs the last 10 years apparently did matter to improve cholesterol values, and to get rid of the walking-disability:

attachicon.gif Chol.png

errata: HDL:Trig should actually read Trig:HDL

So you've mentioned this multiple times.

Could you please clarify what you mean by "getting rid" of your walking disability?

Are you saying your blockage was reversed?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eggs, cholesterol, heart health

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users