Copper induced muscle aches

copper myalgia

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 muntjac

• 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

My integrative doctor recommended I supplement copper to bring my levels up, they were below the lab range. After 3 months of 2 mg daily, the level had not risen significantly. I then raised the dose to 4 mg, and developed dull muscle aches after two weeks. The aches improved after dropping back to 2 mg, however they were still present. I stopped copper completely, and now experience transient periods of the same muscle pain - it hadn't occurred before, ever. The pain is worse with isometric exercise, and affects all muscles in my body including the eyes if I attempt to look to the side and hold my gaze. I have no idea what could be causing this, I suspect there is another factor contributing to the symptom.

#2 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

Excluding one substance, we learned in another thread that basically all copper pills are bad for you.  They are all inorganic and collect in the body and produce awful problems.

How come your physican wanted you to consume copper?  Really, your levels were low.  Did they improve at 4mg each day?  Did you take any zinc.  Form what i've heard zinc and copper have to go together to be in balance and if youg ett too much of one it can affect the other.  Ther eis a product called zinc balance that has  dose of zinc and some copper to level.  Possibly your muslce cramps were caused by insufficient zinc.

Edited by ironfistx, 24 May 2019 - 07:53 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 muntjac

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:46 PM

I do take zinc, and I've noticed my copper levels are better when the zinc level is higher, regardless of copper supplementation. What's bizarre is that I'm now having the same reaction to foods high in copper. I have the CBS mutation and can't tolerate high levels of sulfur, that might be a factor.

#4 muntjac

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:08 AM

I think I've found a potential cause: I stopped taking vitamin C because of stomach pain, I had been taking it with the copper for the first two months. Ascorbic acid affects copper metabolism, I will report back if it alleviates my symptoms.

Edited by muntjac, 25 May 2019 - 01:09 AM.

#5 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

You may want to avoid copper supplementation

#6 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:03 AM

Copper can cause mitochondrial damage in some situations, and such damage can be long lasting unless you take measures to eliminate the damaged mitochondria. If this is indeed the problem, then an oscillating protocol using mito fission/mitophagy followed by fusion/biogenesis can correct it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 muntjac

• Topic Starter
  • 56 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:47 PM

Solved: Through a process of elimination I found the aches were being provoked by molybdenum, which I must take due to sulphur intolerance. I had stopped taking DHEA when my estrogen levels rose during testosterone replacement, and that may have caused impaired adrenal function leading to low ceruloplasmin. The aches were dramatically reduced within hours of taking 25 mg of DHEA.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: copper, myalgia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users