berberine ampk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peatson

• 47 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:10 PM

Hello all,

I have read at various places that Berberine (which I take 2400mg every day from Planet Source) has poor bioavailability which is a shame as it is a really fantastic supplement. 

Any ideas how to make it more bioavailable? 

I take this alongside PQQ +Coq10 for AMPK activation, Magnesium, Piperine, Astaxanthin and Creatine.

#2 Oakman

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

I've recently started taking Berberine and Silymarin based on research I found. It comes from Milk Thistle Extract (80% Silymarin).

Meta-analysis supports berberine-silymarin combination for cardiometabolic health

08-Mar-2019

By Stephen Daniells

Supplements formulated with berberine and silymarin may improve blood lipid levels and fasting blood sugar levels, says a meta-analysis of five randomized, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled clinical trials (RCTs).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Peatson

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

I've recently started taking Berberine and Silymarin based on research I found. It comes from Milk Thistle Extract (80% Silymarin).

Meta-analysis supports berberine-silymarin combination for cardiometabolic health

08-Mar-2019

By Stephen Daniells

Supplements formulated with berberine and silymarin may improve blood lipid levels and fasting blood sugar levels, says a meta-analysis of five randomized, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled clinical trials (RCTs).

Thanks Oakman. I know it's a more expensive way than taking Metformin, but at least I do not have to visit the doctors and start begging them for a prescription! 

Edited by Peatson, 30 May 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#4 Oakman

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Thanks Oakman. I know it's a more expensive way than taking Metformin, but at least I do not have to visit the doctors and start begging them for a prescription! 

You took the words (and reasons) right out of my mind. In fact, this combo appears the equal or better of Metformin in many ways.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Gediminas Jesinas

• 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:47 PM

Is it really worth taking, more than for example curcumin? Berberine is notorious for poor bioavailability and from what I know only silymarin in milk thistle seeds or sodium caprate in coconut oil increases it.

Berberine is soluble only in ethanol of food grade solvents so that's one reason it's hard to absorb.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: berberine, ampk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users