Black Seed Oil

bso

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

which is the best adaptogen to supplement alongside Black Seed Oil? I was thinking at cordyceps, ginseng or rhodiola, since they should boost overall energy, focus and endurance.

In terms of interactions with BSO, could I safely add NAC to the mix (since I'm suffering mild OCD)?

The rest of my stack is: resveratrol, curcumin, E complex, vit D3, vit K2

Thanks!

#2 Oakman

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

Your stack and BSO should not be a problem. I've taken BSO/NAC daily with all you mention and much more and no issues.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:12 PM

Thanks mate. Did you pair with cordyceps, ginseng or another adaptogen?

I’m considering adding also B Complex and taurine. Do you see any potential issue?

Thanks

#4 Oakman

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:10 PM

Thanks mate. Did you pair with cordyceps, ginseng or another adaptogen?

I’m considering adding also B Complex and taurine. Do you see any potential issue?

Thanks

I can't say I've used cordyceps recently, but yes for ginseng, taurine (occasional use), but no for adptogens like Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, and Rhodiola.  I have them all, but am on to another regimen that is working, maybe later on. When a supp I take goes into dis-use in my stack, I re-research and decide all over again. 

Interactions are always a concern, start slow, then revisit. It's difficult to predict interactions, as some are sensitive to things, others not so much, or different things.

Edited by Oakman, 07 June 2019 - 08:13 PM.

• Agree x 1

#5 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:26 PM

Interactions are always a concern, start slow, then revisit. It's difficult to predict interactions, as some are sensitive to things, others not so much, or different things.

Can only agree. Beside interactions, there is always the slight change of an adverse reaction to a newly trialed supplement, which could also come from some of the 'other ingredients' of a supplement. Therefore always worthwhile starting with the lowest dose, and if tolerated, increase gradually. (if necessary, by taking a part out of a new supplement capsule).

I take everything mentioned up thread, but that shouldn't assure you at all. Since I might not have the same sensitivities as you. Or my supplement choices just agree with me, while the same supplements from an other company might not.

#6 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for your feedback guys! What about spirulina? I’ve heard that it should help with hay fever and many other things, and it is a sort of “natural multivitamin”.
Could I pair it with BSO?

Cheers

#7 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

I do take spirulina too, but with hay-fever attacks only high dose ascorbic acid helps in my case (at worst 1 teaspoon in water up to ever half hour).

#8 Oakman

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:35 PM

I have and tried spiruline, but I got ill afterwards, maybe me and detoxing, maybe a bad batch...but once bitten... 

Edited by Oakman, 08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 faxmulder

• Topic Starter
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Thank you both!

So to sum up is the following stack okay, at least “on paper?”

* BSO
* Fish oil
* resveratrol
* curcumin
* NAC
* Vit D3
* Vit K2
* taurine
* ginseng (or rhodiola)
* maybe: spirulina, zinc, MSM (for dry skin)
  • Agree x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bso

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users