Just ordered some CBD oil for mood enhancement

cbd cheech and chong

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

So, 

I ordered some CBD oil from bluebird botanicals. 

Can anybody tell me what to expect from this stuff?

I ordered only a smaller bottle for now because I want to trial it before I commit to it. 

My primary reason for buying the stuff is for Mood enhancement. 

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Bluebird is good stuff. I think what you can expect is your own personal journey. It affects different people differently, so your report back with your own experiences will be interesting.

For me, too much CBD, and I feel derealized and remote. It can also make me groggy and apathetic. I like Bluebird, but found Charlotte’s Web stronger. Each formulation is going to be different.

Since you’re in LA, you should have no trouble finding CBD with higher levels of THC, which I believe may be even more effective for mood. But after many months on Charlotte’s Web, I found it less effective over time. As if my body adapted to it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:55 PM

how much mg cbd per serving in the product? cbd is extremely expensive and overrated. ive tried all types of cbd products like eddibles or oils for oral consumption or just smoking. and because there are so many cbd products out there and its a huge market and competition, expect to get fakes along the way. ive wasted money on tons of fakes in fact. the eddibles differed in strenght even if by the same company. the strongest i had were popcorn cbd. but those are so expensive, just  small bag of it its 30 dollars. i usually finish them in one night. a person would need at least minimum 100mg cbd to feel something. most products on the market are at about 10 to 15mg with 30 servings, it can cost as much as 40 dollars.

basically, cbd is for the people with money.

#4 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:33 AM

Bluebird is good stuff. I think what you can expect is your own personal journey. It affects different people differently, so your report back with your own experiences will be interesting.

For me, too much CBD, and I feel derealized and remote. It can also make me groggy and apathetic. I like Bluebird, but found Charlotte’s Web stronger. Each formulation is going to be different.

Since you’re in LA, you should have no trouble finding CBD with higher levels of THC, which I believe may be even more effective for mood. But after many months on Charlotte’s Web, I found it less effective over time. As if my body adapted to it.

I think the bluebird stuff I purchased lacks THC, I do not want to get high, I just want a booster that will encourage me in the right direction without sending me over the hill. 

I bought this particular extract.

https://bluebirdbota...e=1/3oz - $9.95

Does it appear to have THC? I do not see that as an additive. 

#5 Werper

• 189 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

Since it's full spectrum there might be trace thc but not enough to register.   A friend of mine gave me a bottle (he makes it), Since I heard that you need large amounts of cbd to feel anything and since it was free, I took 6 full dropper (it was full spectrum)  A couple hours later, after I had basically forgotten about taking it, I started to feel like I was stoned, this wasn't placebo.  For the following 4 hours, I had a very unpleasant reaction,  and sent me into a very isolated place, and on the verge of a panic attack.  I have since dosed smaller and worked my way back up and haven't experienced that again,  however, caution is warranted.  I'm gonna buy a bottle and see what effects I get from a different brand. 

Edited by Werper, 23 June 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#6 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:36 PM

i was getting mania and panic attacks too from some cbd products. i assume its the thc. yes, its not high enough to register per dose, but i was taking several times the recommended dose and its likely i got some good amount of thc in me. potent stuff too

#7 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:01 AM

I found it a bit like L-Theanine, L-Glycine, or taurine... but at a much higher price point.

For some, it seems to work really well. I'm curious to try it again sometime with a different stack or around bedtime. In the afternoon, it wasn't helping me with being productive or on the top of my game.

It's definitely something you can feel, but I don't know if it's quite as relaxing as say, just a warm epsom salt bath (which is much cheaper.)

#8 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:51 AM

What were your mood enhancement experiences actually like with CBD?

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:17 AM

I have a question for you.

Did the stuff you got from Bluebird smell like Marijuana? And did it have a green tinge?

I don't wanna get high from this. Here's what I got attached.

Attached Files

#10 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:40 AM

I have a question for you.

Did the stuff you got from Bluebird smell like Marijuana? And did it have a green tinge?

I don't wanna get high from this. Here's what I got attached.

Yes, it smells like marijuana and it has a green tinge; but you’re not going to get high from the CBD you purchased from Bluebird. That’s a promise. You bought hemp oil from Bluebird, that’s what they sell, and it doesn’t have much, if any, THC to get you high. Because if it did, if you could order something that would get you high like weed, oh boy, stand back, here come the cops because heaven knows, getting high and feeling good from a natural plant is an activity that we just cannot legally allow in this society.

Not yet anyway — but federal recreational legalization is coming fast. You know, like Canada?

Meanwhile, marijuana has a large concentration of THC compared to CBD. Hemp, on the other hand, which is what you bought from Bluebird, naturally has a larger concentration of CBD compared to THC. Fortunately, the cannabinoid profile of hemp is ideal for people looking for benefits from cannabis without getting baked.

Hemp is used for making herbal supplements, food, fiber, rope, paper, bricks, oil, natural plastic, and so much more, whereas marijuana is usually used just recreationally, spiritually, and medicinally. The term cannabis oil can refer to either a marijuana or hemp-derived oil since marijuana and hemp are two different forms of cannabis.

Relax, enjoy your Bluebird, it’s hemp oil and it smells like the devil’s lettuce but it’s not gonna get you satanic, it’ll chill you out, relax you in a mild, harmless, peaceful kinda of way, and maybe you’ll like it, maybe you won’t. Frankly, a lot of people notice — nothing, no effects at all from CBD — and then they say hey what’s this expensive shit I bought it does NOTHING lol...

Edited by sthira, 28 June 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#11 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:12 AM

Yes, it smells like marijuana and it has a green tinge; but you’re not going to get high from the CBD you purchased from Bluebird. That’s a promise. You bought hemp oil from Bluebird, that’s what they sell, and it doesn’t have much, if any, THC to get you high. Because if it did, if you could order something that would get you high like weed, oh boy, stand back, here come the cops because heaven knows, getting high and feeling good from a natural plant is an activity that we just cannot legally allow in this society.

Not yet anyway — but federal recreational legalization is coming fast. You know, like Canada?

Meanwhile, marijuana has a large concentration of THC compared to CBD. Hemp, on the other hand, which is what you bought from Bluebird, naturally has a larger concentration of CBD compared to THC. Fortunately, the cannabinoid profile of hemp is ideal for people looking for benefits from cannabis without getting baked.

Hemp is used for making herbal supplements, food, fiber, rope, paper, bricks, oil, natural plastic, and so much more, whereas marijuana is usually used just recreationally, spiritually, and medicinally. The term cannabis oil can refer to either a marijuana or hemp-derived oil since marijuana and hemp are two different forms of cannabis.

Relax, enjoy your Bluebird, it’s hemp oil and it smells like the devil’s lettuce but it’s not gonna get you satanic, it’ll chill you out, relax you in a mild, harmless, peaceful kinda of way, and maybe you’ll like it, maybe you won’t. Frankly, a lot of people notice — nothing, no effects at all from CBD — and then they say hey what’s this expensive shit I bought it does NOTHING lol...

Yea,

I Started dosing today and I took only 8 drops but man, did it relax me! It was a relaxed sense of clarity, that is the best way I can describe it. Sometimes my own anxieties tend to cause me fatigue but this stuff set me adrift in a good way.

Did you ever have any issues with the stuff interacting or counteracting any other supplements you take? 

#12 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Yea,

I Started dosing today and I took only 8 drops but man, did it relax me! It was a relaxed sense of clarity, that is the best way I can describe it. Sometimes my own anxieties tend to cause me fatigue but this stuff set me adrift in a good way.

Did you ever have any issues with the stuff interacting or counteracting any other supplements you take?

Right on, it’s great stuff, ain’t it? I like it a lot, personally, and you’ve described my reactions: relaxed with a sense of mental clarity and well-being. It does nice things to my brain and my thinking. As if things that were worrying me aren’t as serious. I can step back, in a clear focused way, and find wider perspective. My brain naturally tilts into depression and anxiety, and the CBD offers some limited relief.

I don’t take any supplements (anymore), so can’t say what the CBD-supplement axis might be. However, I’ve noticed increased well-being by drinking coffee with CBD. Try that. I’ll also note that CBD in varying amounts relieves nagging pains caused by ballet and acro injuries — relieves pain and inflammation in my fucked up feet, toes, ankles, shins, hips...im a mess... But I don’t believe CBD is actually healing or regenerating anything. For regeneration science, I suppose we must await more decades of mouse investigations....

I’m happy you’re benefiting (seems as if not everyone has ability to feel the effects of CBD). And I’d suggest switching up brands after your Bluebird bottle is done, and stick with whole plant varieties. Charlotte’s Web is strong stuff, and produces a different sort of non-highish feel good response in my body.

#13 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:12 PM

Since I heard that you need large amounts of cbd to feel anything and since it was free, I took 6 full dropper (it was full spectrum) A couple hours later, after I had basically forgotten about taking it, I started to feel like I was stoned, this wasn't placebo. For the following 4 hours, I had a very unpleasant reaction, and sent me into a very isolated place, and on the verge of a panic attack....

I’ve had this reaction, too. Like, one day I’ll take just a dropper load of the stuff, I notice nothing, so I get frustrated and take more and more until — goddamned it I want to FEEL something GOOD.

Then, hours later, Whoa. There it is. I may feel something akin to being stoned, yet it’s not quite the same as that MJ high (although marijuana highs are all different to me depending on strain and my mood while taking it) but a CBD high does definitely happen to me given the proper amount. I mean, more than a hundred mostly unstudied chemicals exist in whole plant cannabis, and we like to focus just on tetrahydrocannabinol as responsible for getting us high.

But I’m convinced that other chemicals in CBD also have varying degrees of THC-like activities. The point is cannabis hasn’t been properly studied, and like most plants it remains pretty much mysterious in how it affects human bodies through time and circumstance.

Edited by sthira, 29 June 2019 - 01:16 PM.

#14 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:17 AM

I’ve had this reaction, too. Like, one day I’ll take just a dropper load of the stuff, I notice nothing, so I get frustrated and take more and more until — goddamned it I want to FEEL something GOOD.

Then, hours later, Whoa. There it is. I may feel something akin to being stoned, yet it’s not quite the same as that MJ high (although marijuana highs are all different to me depending on strain and my mood while taking it) but a CBD high does definitely happen to me given the proper amount. I mean, more than a hundred mostly unstudied chemicals exist in whole plant cannabis, and we like to focus just on tetrahydrocannabinol as responsible for getting us high.

But I’m convinced that other chemicals in CBD also have varying degrees of THC-like activities. The point is cannabis hasn’t been properly studied, and like most plants it remains pretty much mysterious in how it affects human bodies through time and circumstance.

Do you know anybody who takes multiple other supplements alongside CBD?

You said you do not take supplements any longer but technically CBD is a supplement. 

#15 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:47 AM

Good point. Guess I’m wrong. Actually I also take B12 and sometimes D, so I’m doubly, triply wrong.

I’ll ask around — a lot of people here are dropping or swigging CBD... it’s a trendy thing now, of course, reminds me of coconut oil craze or açaí berry juice, goji, noni, chlorela, nootropics, resveratrol, Niagen... god we’re a desperate species.

Do you have specific supplement interactions on your curiosity menu?

Meanwhile, this is incredible and puts all of our nonsense in perspective:
  • Off-Topic x 1

#16 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:53 AM

Do you have specific supplement interactions on your curiosity menu?

Yea,

For example, Fish oil, CoQ10, Tocomin Suprabio, Agmatine Sulfate, Ginger root (though i know tea's containing both CBD and Ginger), Ginseng Ashwaganda, Resveratrol and Asprin. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:31 AM

Bumpity bump!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbd, cheech and chong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users