anxiety anxiolytics russian selank afobazole etifoxine mexidol

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:52 PM

Guys,

I've been battling extreme anxiety since coming off long term z-drug use four years ago.  Before stopping my decades old prescribed use of these drugs I was a fairly normal person.  Now, I'm something of a wreck and I'm at my wit's end.  I have no doubt that this constant stress and anxiety is slowly killing me.

As you can imagine I've tried many many treatments in the last four years.  Nothing has worked.  I want to avoid anything that directly interacts with the gabaergic system, or at least anything that directly modulates the gaba receptors as I'm convinced that's how I got in this mess.

I'm thinking about trying some of the Russian anxiolytics - selank, afobazole, etifoxine, mexidol, etc.

If any of you have any experience or informed opinions on these drugs I'd really appreciate your help.

I'm in really bad shape and I need some relief.

Thanks,

#2 bigrichard

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:55 PM

Etifoxine directly modulates GABA receptors, but in a unique way compared to benzodiazepines and z drugs.

I have some sitting next to me and might give it another try one of these days / weeks, but so far I noticed some distinct anxiolytic effect from it but I've only taken it two times.

I will post again if I decide to give it another try to update you guys with my findings.

Edited by bigrichard, 05 July 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:08 AM

Afobazole is pretty decent. Not sure how it works. Personally only tried it a couple of times in a row here and there, and it might be the case you need to take this for longer to get better effects, but from those single dosages the relaxing effect was very obvious but not pleasant or unpleasant. A friend have tried it for many weeks and thinks it's okay, thought it was really great for the first weeks then started feeling a bit weird (I'm not sure).

Selenk is pretty good but unfortunately rather impractical except for sporadic use (not good for my nose, even just 10 days seems to cause some irritation after a vial), but Selank has way better mood-enhancing properties than Afobazole (again I havent really tried afobazole much). Selank seems rather similar to Cerebrolysin vaguely speaking, the effects don't seem to cause withdrawal symptoms or things like that, and both are sorta stimulating and relaxing at the same time (like stimulate thought and thinking, while having some relaxing properties). Selank seems more short-term than cerebrolysin, and cerebrolysin doesn't have so much a focus on the relaxing part whereas selank has quite a lot.

Mexidol I don't know, it certainly can be very relaxing but I think there's massive tolerance (or at the time I tried it I was just too relaxed to be able to tell what it was doing). I used the injectible 5ml per amp. The one thing I can say it's really good for is after having drank too much alcohol and having too little sleep and taking it to stabilize mood. I will try it again in the future.

Mebicar (okay maybe this one's more Latvian) I only tried a few times, it seems pretty decent, rather obvious anti-anxiety effects but weirdly stimulating at the same time. I really don't know about this one. 

Edited by Keizo, 07 July 2019 - 09:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, anxiolytics, russian, selank, afobazole, etifoxine, mexidol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users