• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

calcium association with depression, anxiety and other problems regarding neurotransmission

neurotransmision

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:49 AM

so i have a feeling nobody will care to go through with this as much as i took the time and dedication. opposite to simply ask what supplements can work for me.

so here, i got hooked on this story; https://www.elle.com...e=pocket-newtab

then i investigated and i found hundreds of different sources explaining calcium and neurotransmission, but i couldnt go through all of them except this; https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3249630/

now, im pessimistic anyone will pay attention to this right now, but ill try anyway to ask  for more information on how this works and how to be fixed IF calcium is as important to the brain as it seems so far by what i have seen. that would explain A LOT of problems to me at least. it definitely has important value in drug and alcohol addictions and im certain in this, in ways to get out of them by simply controlling calcium release, wouldnt you assume so too?

please try to collaborate with me here and give me some optimistic resolution to most of my problems...

Edited by GABAergic, 24 June 2019 - 03:52 AM.

#2 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:19 AM

Read up about Hypercalcemia and Hypocalcemia  via Adenomas or Hyperplasia of the four(sometimes 5 ) parathyroid glands.

I have familial and have had all but one gland removed  due to a Hyperplasia phenomena. My sister had one gland, which carried an Adenoma.

My Mother's Calcium levels are slightly elevated. Normal PTH levels. No intervention required.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:55 AM

I hear your frustration loud and clear, and I share it.

so i have a feeling nobody will care

In the article you linked the guy who is struck down by depression got a blood test:

“...A routine blood test showed so much calcium in my husband’s blood that his doctor assumed it was an error. After more tests, he was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism. In simple terms, one of four rice grain-sized glands near his thyroid, in his neck, had become overactive. It had grown to the size of a gumball and was allowing a surplus of calcium in his body. Hyperparathyroidism is rare—about 100,000 Americans are diagnosed with it yearly, most commonly postmenopausal women—and it is easily cured by surgically removing the overactive gland....”

Have you gotten a blood test for calcium over abundance?

now, im pessimistic anyone will pay attention to this right now...

I understand very well your frustration and discouragement at the lack of progress in treating and curing depression. Trust me — I’ve tried everything modern science and “psychiatry” has to offer. Which amounts to pretty much nothing that works for me.

Except institutionalization. Fuck that.

So I’m sympathetic to anyone, including you, who is now suffering from this terrible disease. Just waking up in the morning, every damned morning, getting out of bed, day after pointless day, dressing, washing, eating, moving.... all this stupid pointless activity seems heroic when you’re struck down with this awful disease of depression.

It doesn’t go away.

And I was so, so, sooo very happy to hear ketamine — Ketamine — might offer us hope. First advance in a cure for depression in thirty years — ketamine infusions or nasal sprays.

Then we learned the price: $4,700 a month for treatments.

Fuck you, you goddamned fucking assholes, may there be a special place in hell for you.

Then we further learned that the science of ketamine as a depression cure itself may be corrupt, and the research is fraudulent.

It sucks to be depressed, And preyed upon by obscene, terrible people. I don’t think there’s any disease that’s worse on the the human body.

I’m sorry you’ve got it, and there’s not much hope for curing it. We just get more promises and lies and high costs for treatments that don’t work.

Thanks, American science. Go fuck yourself.
  • Agree x 1

#4 GABAergic

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:49 PM

damn man thats so pesimistic. there must be hope out there. i was institutionalized just soon after i wrote this so i didnt have time to research it more and do a test to check for calcium problems if i have them. but even if thats not the problem, I STILL HAVE TO FIND IT. stihira, havent you found something that might be promising at least a bit? ill deal with this calcium issue as soon as i can though

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2022 - 08:47 PM

Gonna try it out you can buy here if anyone interested to inject . I will try it for my all around weak bones but will keep look out for other benefits. I know vitamin d is also important but your body can easy make it out of sunlight so its importance is not important. Also calcium gets stored in bones so this could benefit me for long depending on how much my bones are put onto pressure. But we know calcium is also important for other things.

https://www.medikame...x100ml-04555574 20 x 100ml each bottle contains 7.3g of calcium

https://www.medikame...x100ml-11191730

these two are a little lower dose

https://www.medikame...0x20ml-01350185

https://www.medikame...5x10ml-00167800

Edited by kurdishfella, 06 June 2022 - 09:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users